Vikings Release Friday Injury Report

Posted by Mike Wobschall on January 22, 2010 – 3:02 pm

Both teams in Sunday’s NFC Championship Game have released their Friday injury reports and 5 Vikings are listed as questionable while 5 more are probable.

Players listed as questionable for Sunday’s game are DE Ray Edwards (knee), WR Percy Harvin (illness), CB Benny Sapp (ankle/back) and DTs Kevin Williams (knee) and Pat Williams (foot). Players listed as probable for the Vikings are WR Bernard Berrian (ankle), G Steve Hutchinson (shoulder), DT Jimmy Kennedy (thumb), LB Ben Leber (knee) and CB Antoine Winfield (foot).

Both Harvin and Pat Williams did not participate in practice on Friday while Edwards, Sapp, Kevin Williams and Winfield were limited. Everyone was a full participant.

For the Saints, CB Malcolm Jenkins (hamstring) and TE Jeremy Shockey (knee) both missed practice all week and are listed as questionable. C Jonathan Goodwin (knee), DE Bobby McCray (back), WR Robert Meachem (ankle) and S Darren Sharper (knee) are all listed as probable.

111 Responses to “Vikings Release Friday Injury Report”

1. By HANK on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

A LOT OF INJURIES LET’S HOPE THAT K WILLIAMS,R EDWARDS & P WILLIAMS ARE ABLE TO PLAY SUNDAY 3/4 OF OUR D LINE AND PERCY WOULD BE A BIG THREAT LOST

2. By Thomas Merrill on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Has Percy tried inhaling steam? A towel-over-the-steaming-pot can sometimes do the trick.
    GO VIKINGS!!
    Tom Merrill
    Ferndale, CA

3. By MUST PLAY on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

SUCK IT UP LETS GET A WIN……

4. By crusher on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

If 1/2 our d line does not play plus Harvin I think we will all have a headache about 800 pm Sunday.

5. By Fishburn on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

My head is already hurting just thinking about all of the injuries. Common Vikes! One game away from the SB.
    Let’s go!

6. By OLD SCHOOL on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

We are in deep s$%^! Period! We are in big trouble!

7. By OLD SCHOOL on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

My feelings are sooo different than they were on Monday! Monday…flying high….now? I don’t think we win this game! NO 31 – Vikes 23!

8. By wayne m on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

I thinki there meight be some strategery with some of the dnp.

9. By cbestone1 on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

the gods are against us… we gave chilly an extention and we are being punished for it now………………..

10. By Ram on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Now Pat has a foot injury, what a bunch of school girls…

11. By letshearitvikings on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

hey guys, now that Prince came out with that fight song, some magical thing is going to happen and all the guys on our injury report are going to be healthy..duh!

12. By PurpleHaze on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Benn a Viks fan for 38 years and it always seems to be something that sinks us, this latest injury report and crowd noise started me drinking two days early 8(

13. By PurpleHaze on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

LMAO

14. By deann nelson on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

common vikes,
    we are one win away from super bowl. suck it up and go out and give it all you got. i mean were so close. you have 2 days to get better and practice your ass’s off.
    GO VIKINGS……!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. By john on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Hey guys, what is,is. What will be? We’ll see. This is a Texas fan that’s all for the Vikes! Why all the negative? Watch the game. Your life isn’t on the line.

16. By VikingsDefenseFan on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Settle down guys. Vikings have been making reports like this all season. Just look at the press conferences with the team leaders, and ask yourself do they look overly concerned?

17. By danz on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

our boys are tough,this is not an everyday event,they will rise to the occasion!
    go vikes!

18. By m. andre on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

I’ve heard that tannin rich foods like cheddar cheese and red wine can cause migraines. I think artificial sweeteners affect some people too. On my list, I’m going to list Percy as probable, probable to make some big yardage plays on Sunday! Let’s get everyone else as ready as possible too. Bernard had a nice catch before the force out in the Dallas game, I recall. I hope he can make it too.

19. By Vikings Fan from Afar (West) on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Hey Wobs,

Is Erin Henderson on the roster? Is J Leman on the roster? We can only have 53 guys on the roster, you know. Thanks.

20. By Caribbean Vike on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Vikes, you most hit it while staying focus.
    being questionable sucks… play tough will hurt but the happy memories achieved will endure team, fans and state for endless time to come.
    Go Vikes!!!

Margarita Island, Venezuela

21. By MUST PLAY on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

LETS GO VIKES THE GUYS WILL BE READY SUNDAY LETS TAKE THIS GAME…HOME ARE NOT….

22. By rcmatti Albq NM on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

OUR FARVE,WHO ART IN MINNESOTA,HALLOWED BY THY GAME,THY BLITZ MAY COME ,THY SCREEN PASS WILL BE DONE,ON TURF OR GRASS AS IT IS IN HEAVEN,GIVE US THIS DAY OUR POINT SPREAD,AND FORGIVE US OUR FUMBLES,AS WE DO NOT FORGIVE THOSE WHO FUMBLE AGAINST US,LEAD US NOT TO INTERCEPTIONS,BUT DELIVER US TOUCHDOWNS,FOR THINE IS THE FUTURE AND POWER OF VIKINGS FOOTBALL,FOREVER AND EVER,OR UNTIL YOU RETIRE,AGAIN

SUCK IT UP,GO VIKINGS

23. By OLD SCHOOL on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

classic….rcmatti! By the way…..when did pat williams get hurt ? heard nothing all week about him! Did he get hurt in practice today?! Come on Vikes!

24. By Nate F. on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Let us all bow our heads for a prayer. . .

25. By OLD SCHOOL on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

The Cowboys and the Bucs beat them in that dome…..we can too ! We should kill them !

26. By purplehorn on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Sure can tell the fan base is young. This is a championship game. The only guys that might not play is Harvin and Edwards. The Vikings didn’t say out, so they all have a chance to play. I have faith in our back ups to step up if need be. I think these guys will play for the win.

27. By Nate F. on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Have faith Viking fans. This just means Chester Taylor is going to have a more productive game at receiving. We’re going to see Greg Lewis more. Sanford, Jimmy Kennedy and all these other players are going to have a chance to step up. Reynaud is going to have to do all the returns and if we play like or better than the way we played against Dallas, we may not even have a chance to return the ball

28. By malte on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

nice prayer, and yet i think we deffently need the willams wall up front, but the team is true vikings (i’m from denmark, i know what a viking is :b) and the whole team can step up and manage. Greg Lewis did made the catch of the year, he can do it if needed, he had proven that allready, so don’t worry that much.

29. By K Rose on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Percy really should try an IMITREX Injection. It’ll take away a migraine in less than 10 minutes. Great stuff, non-narcotic. GO VIKINGS!! Much love from Denver.

30. By vikingdude from peckville on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Been a Viking fan for over 40 years. Suck it up and play with your heart. I support you guys. What would Allen Page do in a situation like this? 1 in 4 sounds great. LET’S GO VIKES!

31. By jbork88@hotmail.com on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

i’ve had faith in this franchise aas far back as i can remmebr, that isn’t going to stop now

32. By vikefan4eva on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

All of the them will play! Mark my words no one gets this far and doesn’t show plus the Saints also have major players who are questionable. Have faith fellow vikings have faith!

33. By Mn to Az. on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Lets go Vikes! It’s time to step up to the calling and give that sweet bowl prize to the long term fans. Show Drew what the turf is all about! Now sleep walk, and drink super bowl. IT’S YOUR TIME………..

34. By Mark on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

If anyone can get word to the Vikings staff tell Percy to try a Gluten free diet. A relative of mine had the same problem. Once they went on a gluten free diet the migraines stopped!

35. By B Barninger on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Go Vikings! Play like you did against the Cowboys last Sunday. You got this. Love watching the Vikings play. Play through the pain. Vikings are going to the Super Bowl!!!!!

36. By paul on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Does anyone have a cure for the gout, if so please forward it to Adrian.

37. By Derek on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Come on Vikings! One win away!

38. By odoc on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Harvin needs Botox injections. 75% reduction in migraines and prevents them from recurring for the super bowl!

39. By bigfan on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

SKOL SKOL SKOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40. By bigfan on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

everyone will play exept for percy and he will probably play to . 2 more days to rest up no problems. lets git r done

41. By GJ on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Percy will be ready. Bet on it.

42. By Joe on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

I trust brian robison if Kevin Williams or edwards dosent play. Kennedy is good too. Percy is really improtant though. We have receiver depth, but the threat of him in the slot and the possibility that he can run it scares thr defense. Hope he can play. Those migraines are just such a terrible thing, I feel really bad him.

43. By rcmatti Albq NM on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

I AM A LOYAL FAN SINCE 1961,I AM OF NORWAY DECENT FROM MINNESOTA,I AM A DEFENDER OF VIKINGS FROM BAD LANDS TO WINTER PARK,I WILL SHOW MY HORNS TO BOTH FRIEND AND FOE,ONE TO GIVE CHEER,THE OTHER TO GIVE FEAR,SUCH THAT IT FREEZE THE HEARTS OF MEN WHO DARE COME TO THE LAND OF ICE AND SNOW. THEY WILL KNOW US BY WHERE GREEN AND GOLD FLED,BY FEASTING ON LION AND BEAR,BY THE HORNS ON OUR HEAD. I WILL SHOW MY HORNS IN WEATHER FAIR AND FOUL.I WILL SHOW MY HORNS UNTIL I WHISPER”SKOL”WITH MY LAST BREATH.I WILL SHOW HORNS TO THE YOUNG,BECAUSE OUR STORY WILL BE THEIR LORE.
    TO THIS I PLEDGE MY SACRED HONOR AND MY PURPLE BLOOD
    (OATH OF THE VIKINGS) ” GO VIKINGS “

44. By letshearitvikings on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

nice rcmatti

45. By SGM on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Just a thought…..
    I have been suffering from chronic migraines since I was 12 (I am 47 now). There got to the point of being debilitating in my 20s that I saw numerous neurologists, had multiple cat scans and even had my sinuses operated on twice. Nothing worked so I eventually checked myself into the Diamond Headache clinic at a Chicago hospital for two weeks. I left with a prescription for Torodol 60ml IM injections that I would give myself when I had severe episodes. It is non-narcotic, non-addictive and broke up the migraines instantly. Of all the neurologists I saw, none had ever mentioned this as a solution.

I have been a huge fan since I can remember and really want to se them in the big one this year!

Steve

46. By Doctor who also gets migraine on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Does Percy (and his doctors) know that dexamethasone 10 mg. by mouth, usually given with a triptan and Tyleneol #3, 2 tabs, is invariably successful in alleviating a migraine attack?

47. By VikeFan13 on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

they still got it, our boys will play thier hearts out we got it baby!!! we got the talent and the team, and they deserve this SB WIN!!!!!!

48. By ATKINSON on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

WOW!
    I have to say I’m a bit disturbed by some of these comments.
    Do not believe INJURY REPORTS before any game, let alone the one before the big one!!
    Come on strategy 101 here folks, thats it.
    That does not means some of the guys are not banged up, no. Nobody and I mean none of us want these guys to play more than THEY DO, If they can they will be there 110%

As for the WIN, have we all been watching the same FootBall teams? Granted any team can lose and like wise any team can win, but that said;
    If you ask me out of the 2 teams witch Quarterback, D-Line O-Line Running Back’S, Wide Receivers and so on I would rather have, on ALL COUNTS, I take the Vike’s EVERY TIME. (BETTER TEAM!)

So are SOME of you telling us you would trade players for those on the other team? The Bengels as well as the Cowboys are great teams WE SPAKED THEM AND SENT THEM HOME DID WE NOT?

WHO DAT,…I SAY, WHO DAT, team gana beat the Saints.

WE DAT TEAM GANA BEAT DA SAINTS! (WHO YA!)

NOT JUST BS HERE,…WE HAVE THE BEST TEAM WE HAVE HAD IN MANY MANY YEARS!

Have a great Saturday as we have ALL been waiting for a Sunday like this one. We are almost one game from the Big Show. Would be kind of Cool if Bret could put it to the Jets in the big Game.

49. By Ksmack Ken on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

OK…let’s look at it this way. ALL-DAY is REALLY needed here Sunday. if he and Chester can run, and you CAN run against the Saints, well, the D LINE won’t have to be on the field. Couple that with a Brett TD here or there, and the AINT’S will have to throw. If AP runs…VIKES 34-24…if AP DON’T RUN….SAINTS 34-24

50. By marcus on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

we still have lot of weapons on offense! or big concern is on the line pat,and kevin, ray if there ready we got a fighting chance to win this thing!! go vike we support ya’l and make us proud and give it a 100+ lets get em VIKES!!!

51. By VIKINGFANinVA on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

Percy had migrains when he played high school ball in Virginia Beach, I saw him play, he is tough. I live in Virginia Beach, but grew up in Minnetonka, I have been a Vikings fan for 45 years, he will not miss this game. Go VIKINGS

52. By vikings-korea on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

I’m stationed in Korea and have been a loyal Vikings fan my whole life, as well as the NFL. Reading and believing an injury report is useless in the NLF. Edwards will play and so will the Williams Wall. Harvin would be the only one really in question. I get migranes and know how they render one completely incapable of moving around let alone playing in an NFL game. Hopefully he recovers in time!!! Should try an imitrex – it works wonders for me. Vikings fans stationed around the world will be watching and pulling for the purple and gold. SKOL VIKINGS!!!

53. By Believin' on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

Believin’ in the Vikes! I just pray that they all play the very best they can. The way they are capable of playing. The way they played to get to the NFL and to this point in the playoffs. I’m positives that they all know how important this game is and I pray they never quit till the last second is off the clock. May the best team win (Da Vikes)! Lets make it a good game. Then if the outcome isn’t what we all wish for at least we can be proud of the way we played and know we

54. By Dr. Racine DC, BQAO on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

My name is Dr. Steve Racine DC, BQAO. I am an Atlas Orthogonal doctor, which is based in chiropractic brainstem neurology.

First – this type of work is extremely effective for migraines. I have a 90% success rate at not only helping acute migraines, but also longterm – meaning keeping them from re-occurring so frequently, if at all.

Second – this is NOT like the regular old fashioned crack-n-pop chiropractic!

There are NO side effects when this work is done properly. There are only up-sides to this type of treatment.

The reason for my email, in unsolicited. I watched ESPN and saw that Percy is plagued by migraines, and it may effect his play time and game.
    I do not expect Percy to fly to Orlando FLA for treatments… so you can locate a doctor that does similar work, in your area.

If you check out my website: http://www.DrRacine.com you will find all of the information you would ever need. You will also see a link named “find a doctor” in which i list several directories on where to find doctors that do this type of work.

If anyone knows how to pass this along to Vikings management – please do so.
    If there is anything else i can do to help – please do not hesitate to email me or call me.

Have a blessed day. Dr. Steve Racine DC, BQAO

55. By SD on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

Percy’s migraine’s could possibly be caused from being dehydrated …… this is a common cause of many problems including migraine’s ………. have him drink a lot of filtered water and see what happens ……… trust me….. can’t hurt to drink water and lay off the caffeine ………. this game needs Percy in it so it is the two best teams going at it at full strength ………. DRINK….DRINK….DRINK

56. By Dave on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

I went 2 the rally @ MOA last night and all was positive. No predictions on the game only a WIN attitude! Everyone can be sure of 1 thing and that is these 2 teams are gonna put on a show to remember for the rest of our life and God willing the VIKES win and I can bounce off all the metal plates I put up in my living room!!!!! Best of luck and show no mercy 4 4 qrtrs.

57. By br659 on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

With the exception of Harvin, the injury report is a ropa-dope. Dallas did the same thing to the Saints with Ware and they were caught off guard. This time I doubt the Saints are buying any of it.

58. By nativeman83 on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

regardless of the injuries they want it more so they will win

59. By PURPLEPAIN23 on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

Just hope the Vikes SOMEHOW pull a somewhat healthy group together for this HUGE game tomorrow……
    I know often coaches play with smoke and mirrors when giving up injury reports, till game day hits…..
    Maybe Percy will roll in ready to blow some minds…..???
    These players KNOW….this is IT!!!
    No next week…..unless we hobble all our stars out there and have them play like there is no tomorrow….cause there is NO tomorrow if they do not….
    Come VIKES go in to the superdome and squeek a win……
    If we pull it off in N.O…..I know we can beat either AFC team in the bigshow !!!

60. By rcmatti Albq NM on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

SKOL,SKOL,SKOL.” GO VIKINGS ” SHOW THEM HORNS

61. By Big Easy on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

The “fight” song (sissy slaps?)by Princess says it all. Instead of “Little Red Corvette”, maybe name it “Little Red Hoover”, as it really, really sucks just like the Vikodins. You’re in our dome, girls. Get ready for a major hosing, Southern style. On the bright side, Favre can walk home after the game and jump on his tractor to start his off-season. Who Dat?

62. By Ken B on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

Who Dat Big Easy? DAT BE FAVRE THROWING TOUCHDOWNS ALL OVER THE SAINTS FIELD AND LEADING THE VIKINGS TO THE SUPERBOWL SON

63. By Beowolf on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

Can anyone tell me why they play the Pro Bowl before the Super Bowl? Isn’t this just asking for more injuries before a more important game. I say keep Farve and Jared Allen off the playing field and more on the practice field until Feb 7th. In all I still feel good about the game. I think the Vikings can still pull it off. If we keep positive only positive things can happen.

64. By steve on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

the colts, saints, and vikes are almost equal in thier chances to win. it is all about who wants it more, who shows the most discipline, and who makes the fewest mistakes (penalties, missed tackles, turnovers, etc.).

GO VIKES!

65. By ATKINSON on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

I( can not see any of my posts,

66. By PURPLEPAIN23 on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

counting the seconds for the next 27 hours!!!
    ei yi yi…..the wait is killing me…..
    VIKES will make the big show!!

67. By schwartz on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

As was said earlier Percy needs to go on a gluton free diet and see a Chiropractor asap! There is lots of non narcotic help out there. Don’t worry if these players can walk they will play. They know and want what’s coming in a few weeks! GO VIKES!! WE LOVE YOU!!

68. By spinelli on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

I’ve been a viking fan from the beginning of the super bowl era. After what I’ve been thru with this franchise, there is nothing that could be said that would make me believe they will ever win a super bowl. I’ve seen every senerio! Don’t get your hopes too high!!!!

69. By greenbayhater on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

GO VIKES………………………….

70. By Dolla Bill on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

VIKES… ANY TEAM CAN BEAT ANY GIVEN TEAM AT ANY TIME…WHAT IT COMES DOWN TO IS WHO HAS THE BIGGEST HEART. Lets get to the big dance and take the pretty girl home. We can do it. Dolla Bill

71. By ryan on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

come on pat u can make it…….u r my fav player!!!

72. By Anaconda on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

First a quick up date to my like minded friends of the Purple,
    “On the Injury report.”

A good friend of mind lives 2 doors down from Jarred Allen and was with him Friday night.
    ( I just hung up the phone thought I would pass this along, no BS)

There are a few sore players but EVERYONE ON THE D-LINE will start Sunday!
    “STOP WORRYING”

As many of us know Migraines can’t be predicted but Percy felt better Friday.

73. By Debbie Hansen on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

Come on Vikings. Find the passion and the heart. Coax yourself into being healthy because you have a TON of fans that are behind you 100%. We want to shut those Green Bay fans down with all of the griping that they do because they lost Favre. Vikings………..I KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO IT!!!

74. By letshearitvikings on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

In Response To Beowolf:

The probowl is before the superbowl to attract more ratings, which is a good idea. And the rule is Superbowl players won’t play they still get bonuses but won’t play in teh game, im not even sure if they show up on the bench. But I think its a good idea good way tofil the 2 week gap of waitng for teh super bowl!

On That Note:
    Its gonna suck not seeing Peterson, Allen, Farve in the Probowl..they’ll be waiting for the big game haha SKOL VIKINGS!!

75. By John Sinclair on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

As a strength and conditioning coach and personal trainer I have encountered many clients and athletes with migraine problems. Some of the issues with athletes especially football and soccer players that I have found stem from tightness in the posterior chain. ie/ Superficial Back Line. This fascia is the connective tissue that surrounds the muscle and connects us as one unit. Some of this fascia can be explored as chains or as Thomas Meyers refers to in his book as “Anatomy trains.” I am sure the medical staff have looked at this with Percy Harvin but if they have not I have found that athletes that repeatedly tape their feet and ankles experience poor mobility in their ankles, tightness in their hamstrings and low back and of course tension in their upper cervical neck area known as the atlanto occipital area. This fascia that runs from the foot (plantar fascia) through the calf and hamstring up the back to the base of the head and over top of the scalp stops at the front of the forehead. This connective tissue when tight puts pressure on the same triggers that cause migraine like symptoms such as auras due to pressure associated with the optic nerve (blinding sensitivity to light). Relieving tension through the plantar fascia and corresponding fascia in the superficial back line does relieve those symptoms with my clients.
    I am a huge vikings fan and I would hate to see Percy suffer from something that I think can be controlled- it works for my clients I hope it could work for him. Good Luck Percy and Vikings. You can do it! We love you.

76. By Big Easy on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

So much medical advice, yet you can’t manage a simple bridge. Go Saints!

77. By Big Easy on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

What a flamin’ website!Liberace lives!

78. By paul on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

Its strictly amazing how many Viking fans are experts when in comes to treating migraine headaches.
    Why have teams doctors!

to rcmatti= they play in a DOME

79. By SkolVikings on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

Dude, Old School, you were totally flipping out on Monday….

80. By SkolVikings on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

… Could someone foreward Dr. John Sinclair over to the team doctors?

81. By Big Easy on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

Hey Vikes….. off season begins Monday! Get your ice fishin’ stuff ready. Long winter. Never won, never will win a Super Bowl. Go Saints! Allen wears dinosaur pajamas!

82. By Big Easy on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

Only wimps get migraines! Go Saints! What dat? It’s a warm southerly Brees….. gonna blow you away, like Prince and the Vikes blow.

83. By Big Easy on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

Big hearts? That means enlarged hearts… athletes die from that. Champions have big b@lls…. like Mardi Gras. Go Saints!

84. By DNO350 on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

to rcmatti -represent! yea baby!
    I also bleed purple, and no one can convince me that our guys won’t play in that game! I believe we will win because as atkinson says we are a better team.

to spinelli–you suck! a true fan believes in his team–lives and dies with his team, and never fails to rally behind his team, especially before a game as big as this!
    My hopes are sky high! I’ve waited all my life for this moment–

SKOL!! VIKINGS!!

85. By AtKINSON on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

Will see you back here after the game Big SL-Easy
    Its easy to trash will see how Brees looks with a #69 tattooed to him!

LOL

86. By DNO350 on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

tHERE’S A COLD NORTH WIND GONNA BLOW THRU THE BIG SLEAZY!

SKOL!! VIKINGS!!

87. By bigfan on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

SKOL SKOL VIKINGS. LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE

88. By letshearitvikings on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

hey saints fans you guys might as well buy your BREES 69 jerseys now, because after him getting hit so many times its gonna be stitched to his jersey!!

89. By Marty on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

Hey Purple People; Chill out. Enjoy. This only happens so often so get your munchees,barley pops, everything you own that is purple, turn off that terrible Prince fight song and just have fun. Hey , the cheeseheads have survived, so can we. GO VIKES…..MIAMI HERE WE COME.

90. By Peter on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

If Harvin has a migraine, they are easily treated using craniosacral and myofacial release. He needs a certified therapist. There are only 5 or 6 in MN, need one in LA!

91. By purple08 on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

Vikings vs Jets would be sweet!

92. By rcmatti Albq NM on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

Let’s all enjoy the game and see the result’s,I am postive we all be happy with the result’s of THE game in their Dome. SKOL.. Go Vikings. “Purple Rain” on Saints Offence Train. THOR

93. By RamessesII on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

I think it’s that Prince song… that’s making everyone sick. I know it makes me really nauseous.

94. By CA Norwegian on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

I think that Percy is due for a good game. If he cannot play, then Taylor and Peterson may rule the day. I think Percy has had some of his finest days after missing practices. If we start slow, like against Cleveland and Detriot(1). The D will have to step up for the whole game. Who returns kickoffs if Percy cannot play? Renaud? Taylor? Young? What about Peterson?

95. By G Hedges on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

There are a lot of soldiers here overseas that will be up at 230 am to watch you guys take on N.O. There’s a lot of whining out there about inj., etc. You guys are professionals and I know you will get the job done. Make us proud Vikings, we support YOU!!

96. By blake318 on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

yall still runnin ur gums? Look, i know its a tough pill to swallow, but this is our year. Prince ruined it for ya. But look on the bright side. Favre will be back for one more year, unless b mac#93 puts him down. Yall are the second best team in the nfl, the saints just happen to be the best. Sorry, and yes i will be back tonight after the game. Good luck. Who dat

97. By Greetings From Germany on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

I will be there @ 0030 Centeral European TIme to watch the Vikes; thick or thin always there; no matter the outcome, the Team should be proud of themselves. I can assure the Minnesota soilders in AFG/IRQ are proud of them.

98. By Jeff Martinez on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

Comon VIKINGS !I am 43 in ca. and been a vikes fan since they played in snow. I JUST WANT 1 CHAMPIONSHIP.

99. By danz on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

wow,some of you guys sound like we are going to the little big horn! brad
    childress is the best coach of this decade,hes’ cool and he has a great
    football mind,he also has the best team in the nfl! we are going all the way guys
    believe it!
    go vikes!

100. By TW Vike on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

Big cheesy your no champion! You have to have BIG PURPLE B@lls!
    TAINTS LOSE!

101. By Tro on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

Old School once again with the negative attitude. Just get off the Vikings Band wagon. The Vikings are giong to hammer Bres all day and the saints
    will feel the pain. GOOOOOO VIKESSSSS all the way.

102. By TW Vike on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

BIG CHEESY you seem to know alot about b@lls &blowing! Vikings Brees past TAINTS to Miami!

103. By Eric on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

Everyone is going to play! You don’t get this far in the season and not play in the game to bring you to the super bowl! If this is the case, the Vikings can go to Cali.

104. By Brad Karkiainen on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

LETS GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

105. By Big Oh So Easy on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

You lost!

106. By Big Oh So Easy on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

Blake 3128….. who won? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

107. By Big Oh So Easy on Jan 25, 2010 | Reply

Hey TW Vike…. what was the score?

108. By Duncan BC Vikes Fan on Jan 25, 2010 | Reply

Enjoy the two weeks because you’ll be the Aints after meeting Indy.

The NFL should be embarrassed by it’s refs and it’s OT booth review.

109. By Wesley Savoy on Jan 26, 2010 | Reply

This is an open letter to Brett Favre to help make him realize that retirement is not a good option!

First, Brett Favre your the epitome of a person that strives to learn, moves forward and battles to conquer his demons as you grow through life’s learned lessons both on and off the field.

Brett , you may not realize it, but, you have un-intentionally given yourself a second life as a starting quarter back in the NFL that could have you playing another 2-4 years of not good, but
    GREAT football!!!

First you have a great coach and management team with the Vikings organization that not only appreciates your ability, (unlike what you were getting from the Packers organization in your final few years), but they understand how you think and what matters to you. You also has a GREAT young bunch of super talented guys around you, Your Team Mates, which are as hunger for the Super Bowl Championship Ring as
    you are, if not before the lose definitely now more after the lose.

Brett, you said it yourself in an interview not to long ago that to win, “it’s the chemistry of the right players at the right time of the moment” which is very finite. Well, this is the moment, but unbeknownst to you Brett, this
    first year with the Vikings is just the start of what’s to come. Sometimes when things are happening in ones life that’s going great, (“better then one could hope for”) the euphoria one experiences can give them
    the sense of “this is it”, which can and does happen to most people who experience this and then they stop, and give up on the fact that maybe it’s only the beginning of something more, much more!

I know it’s easy to sit here and write what I think, it’s not what I think, it’s what I know!

Listening to you Brett over the season on how your were feeling and how you felt from week to week not only mentally but physically, Brett you did not feel your age! Brett as you stated “I felt the best in years”.
    Brett you felt reenergized, and it showed. You played like a 30 year old veteran in his prime, not some 40+ year old trying to recapture his by gone glory years. Brett you know more then anybody that you have
    more to give, you learnt more about the game and more about yourself this last season.

There is no doubt that during the NFC Championship game you felt your age (maybe a little older then your age), but anyone who took the pounding that you did Brett, would too. Just ask Kurt Warner and Tony Romo how old they felt in there loses?

But there is something more to why your not finished with the game that has given you so much, and what you Brett, have given so much to the game! And that’s something that only you know!

There is no doubt that you may want to retire Brett. I know what it’s like to try and make a decision and not be 110% sure whether the decision is right until you’ve made it. Only once
    you’ve committed to a decision will you know if it is the right decision. Because what ever the decision it is that you make when you make it, only if it STICKS without any, and I mean ANY regret, only then
    will you know that you made the right decision.

Before you make that decision, DON”T short change yourself. This is a once in a life time opportunity that almost nobody gets in their life time, ever, and you have it right in your hands for the second time.

It’s better to try, and fail then to say NO! There is never regret in ones trying and failing, because you pushed on. But saying NO to not just any opportunity, but this opportunity that is here and now, and yours to make your own, that is a regret that time could never heal.

If your decision is retirement, I’m sure that I’m not the only one hoping for it not to stick! I’m sure everyone in Minnesota (including myself) will be hoping right up until the kick-off of the first regular season game
    that it doesn’t stick.

Hope to see you on the playing field.

From you biggest fan in Canada,
    Wes

110. By Edward Maiorana on Jan 26, 2010 | Reply

I hate to say it, BUT!!!!!

HOW BOUT DEM BROKEN HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This goes out to all my friends in the GREAT city of BEMIDJI!!!
    You all knew he would find a way to BLOW IT!!! He always does!!! Ya All forgot, his last SUPER BOWL was 1998, his only win was in 1997. 13 years is TOO LONG to go between them. #4 is OLD and GRAY, and FINISHED!!
    You HORN fans should try going with a little youth movement at Q.B., like maybe Rosenfels, or even Jackson. The Horn has enough PRE-MADONNAS on DAT team. I hope the self-proclaimed best ever, NOT!!!, stays retired. At least for all you BROKEN HORN FANS!!
    HA!!!!!!!!!!!!, HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

111. By Edward Maiorana on Jan 26, 2010 | Reply

DATS “EAST SIDE EDDIE”, TO ALL YOU HORN FANZZZZ!!!!