vikings.com Mailbag Is Posted

Posted by Mike Wobschall on January 22, 2010 – 11:36 am

Today’s vikings.com Mailbag feature is posted. You can read it by clicking here.

Do you have a question about the Vikings? Or maybe a comment/question about the outcome of the Vikings-Cowboys game? If you do, send it to me at wobschallm@vikings.nfl.net. We can’t post every comment/question, but I’ll respond to them all.

The vikings.com Mailbag is posted on Fridays.

40 Responses to “vikings.com Mailbag Is Posted”

1. By Andrea Reinhart on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

I want to know if Percy has been/is being treated with chiropractic adjustments for his migraines. I used to get them all the time- they are BRUTAL! But, I saw a chiro. and now I never get headaches- maybe one or two a year and they are very mild. If he hasn’t….he really needs to look into it.
    We need him this post season!
    Thanks- Skol!

2. By Vikings Fan from Afar (West) on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Link to the mailbag:

3. By CA Norwegian on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

I saw a chiropractor who claimed to have cured Kareem from Laker/Bucks fame of migranes. Two months later it was publicized that he was caught with pot by the police supposedly for his migranes. The former cure may be the ticket, but the latter may get you suspended from the NFL. In any case, though I think the adjustments have been very useful, Percy is likely to get readjusted on the field of play. The chiropractor cure, is quite an expensive habbit if you are not in the NFL.

4. By Michael on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Just wanted to know the status on Ray Edwards as of Friday night? He is vital to the pass rush Sunday.

5. By Sarah Plachecki on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Saints on the ground, saints on the ground, looking like fools cause the Vikes put them down!!! Turf in your mouth helmet turned sideways thinking you could rule that looking like a fool. Walking around town with your heads hung down, WHO DAT?!?!?! Saints on the ground, Saints on the ground looking like a fool cause the… VIKES PUT EM DOWN!

6. By john on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Like that one Sarah!

7. By Mitch on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Nice Sarah, even though I saw the same thing on one of the Saints websites yesterday. ;0p

8. By Nate F. on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Let us all bow our heads for a prayer. . .

OUR FARVE,WHO ART IN MINNESOTA,HALLOWED BY THY GAME,THY BLITZ MAY COME ,THY SCREEN PASS WILL BE DONE,ON TURF OR GRASS AS IT IS IN HEAVEN,GIVE US THIS DAY OUR POINT SPREAD,AND FORGIVE US OUR FUMBLES,AS WE DO NOT FORGIVE THOSE WHO FUMBLE AGAINST US,LEAD US NOT TO INTERCEPTIONS,BUT DELIVER US TOUCHDOWNS,FOR THINE IS THE FUTURE AND POWER OF VIKINGS FOOTBALL,FOREVER AND EVER,OR UNTIL YOU RETIRE,AGAIN

9. By Beth on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

I’m wondering if Percy has tired Acupuncture for his migranes. I heard this works and eventually deceases them within a few visits.

10. By Gary Henton on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

I have suffered from migraines all my life, nothing worked for me until I got an oxygen tank to use, as soon as I feel the sensation of a headache starting I put the mask on for about for 10-15 minutes and it goes away. Before that all I could do was lay on the floor in a dark room, no light, no sound, everything and everbody would bother me.

That was eight years ago, I hardly ever have them now, maybe you can check it out.

Good luck to you youngblood, I don’t wish those things on my worst enemy

11. By paul on Jan 22, 2010 | Reply

Rev. Nate F.
    You should be working on a Hail Mary.

12. By MUST PLAY on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

ONE GAME ….BRING IT HOME VIKES….BRETT DO SOME OF OUR TRICK PLAYS FROM HIGH SCHOOL..MISSISSIPPI SLIDE….QB HIDE AND SEEK PLAY…YOU KNOW HOW GOOD IT IS…………

13. By Caviar on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

Go Vikings! We are not caring we are playing tomorrow in “their house”. We are warriors. Vikings were tough and fearless. We have an OLD [Outrageous, Lively and Daring] quarterback. I’m 60. My daddy taught me football on a blackboard. BF has to bring “oldschool” to the game. I think of the fourth installment of Diehard. John used morse code. BF has to bring his cunning to their house. The Vikings cannot be intimidated by their fans. Guys, this is the home stretch–YOU CAN DO IT! As for Harvin, my daughter had migraines–caffeine helped. I get migraines from ammonia. Also, he’s a rookie. He can’t let the stress of going to the Superbowl cause the migraines to defeat him. It’s like stagefright. Guys, my mom turns 90 February 7, 2010. She’ll be watching you! Positively yours, Caviar

14. By barry nelson on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

have they tried to give percy some oxygen i saw a medicial program where people who had sever migraine headaches were given oxygen and within minutes the migraine was gone its worth a try if this help him send a jersey and some super tickets
    thanks barry

15. By keithkeithski on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

Dear Percy, Try some peanuts for that migrain…Dr. K

16. By Patricia A Bolin on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

On 12/16/09 I sent a letter to Mr Wilff and coach Childress in regards to Percy with the migraines. I gave them the name Dr Guyuran at the U of Cleveland who does minor outpatient surgery that seems to end migraines on a large percentage of patients that suffer them.
    My question is that I wonder if they got it? It seems it would have been worth a try for Percy.
    Respectfully,
    Patricia A Bolin

17. By Dee on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

GO VIKINGS ALTHOUGH DIEHARD RAIDERS HERE, FROM RAINY CALIFORNIA. BUT I LOVE FAVRE, HIS GUTS AND DETERMINATION. MY AUNT FROM WISCONSIN SAID HE MISSES YOU, FARVE. JUST WIN IT AND CLOBBER THE SAINTS.

18. By Paula Colbert on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

I have been a migraine sufferer since childhood. Has Percy Harvin tried Zomig? Or is this illegal during football season? I found this drug in small dosages 1.25-2.5 ml to be effective in curing my migraines and allowing me to lead a normal life.
    Sincerely,
    Paula Colbert

19. By CS on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

Good luck to all the players on the Vikings Team toward your victory today. May your win be swift, may the purple and gold protect you from injuries, and may your hunger for the Super Bowl drive all your plays toward the end zone,touch downs.

CS

20. By gerry on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

Go Viks ! we love ya !

21. By TW Vike on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

All Percy needs is the football! He will be fine. Sorry Aints its back to the BAYOU

22. By tike on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

I believe that the coaches should remember that there are more players than adrian peterson. every one of us have good and bad days. No exception.

23. By Marcus Swartz on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

TRADE AP.

24. By Jennifer on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

The Vikings got the shaft by the officials tonight! I have seen it too many times They did not want the Vikings to go to the Super Bowl. All the announcers can talk about is how the Saints have never been. The Saints purposefully tried to hurt Brett and the referees didn’t even care. I feel like this game was rigged by the officials and the NFL and it should be investigated. This year has seen some of the worst officiating ever!
    We sill love you, Brett!

25. By Bill on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

I wish to thank the Vikings for an excellent game (NFC Championship). That was the most fun to watch of all the games I have seen this season. I think Brett Favre added the one needed dimension the team needed to get this far.

You played as a team, and inspired your fans as a team.

I hope to see everyone back next year.

What a game!

Thanks again,
    Bill

26. By Ron w on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

well the vikings had a nice run turnovers didnt help either but the officiating in overtime was crucial a pass interference call against Lieber cmom man that call made a big difference in the outcome if you ask me

27. By Dave on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

Same old Brett Favre chokes in the big game again.Vikings got what they deserved nothing.Plus Brett cried every time he got hit what a cry baby.He cried more tonite then he ever need. What a cry baby refs. tried to help him win the game.But when the game is on the line he choke like he always does in a big game.Go packers

28. By Dustin Fischer on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

I’m proud of you Vikings. You played your hearts out. Depressing about the loss; but i’m EXTREMELY proud of how you did this year. You go out there every week when people hope and pray you lose and yet you go out there and give it everything you got. Even when millions hate the team just because you are a great team. Again I am proud of how well the team has fought this year. I will be watching and hoping for the best next season

29. By Jim H on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

Last pass of the season an interception, followed by 6 months of will he return or won’t he? Vikings got what they deserved when they signed Brent. I’ll take Aaron Rodgers any day. Go Pack!

30. By greg on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

Win ,lose or draw, I’m purple and gold to the end!!!!!! Brett Favre don’t make any hasty decisions.I know you still have a boatload of what it takes to win and I hope you’re with the Vikes next year.You are absolutely what the team needs. Please come back!!!

Greg

31. By Peg Slater on Jan 25, 2010 | Reply

Minnesota.Vikings….

Thanks for the best season ever.. I have watched this team for the past 30 years and you all gave us the best season ever. Brett we love you here in Minnesota. I sincerely hope you will be back for another year.. and it’s okay to skip training camp… cuz I don’t think you need it. Mr. Wolfe… THANK YOU for buying this team… and investing in them and Minnesota… I have been unemployed for the past year and it was wonderful to have 4 hours on Sunday that I didn’t have to worry about it or think about it, because of all you Minnesota Vikings….

Thanks Great Season… Hold your Heads HIGH…. you did GREAT…. We love you Peg Slater… forever a Vikings fan!

32. By rayson on Jan 25, 2010 | Reply

This is for Dave and Jim,
    You guys are great, this is another packer fan and I told these fans he would choke!!! Great game to watch! Now maybe I can go to work and shut up all the viking fans!! Go Aaron and Go Packers.

33. By Troy on Jan 25, 2010 | Reply

I never meant to cause you any sorrow.
    I never meant to cause you any pain.
    I only wanted to one time see you laughing.
    I only wanted to see you laughing in the purple rain.

Purple rain, purple rain.
    Purple rain, purple rain.
    Purple rain, purple rain.

I only wanted to see you bathing in the purple rain.

I never wanted to be your weekend lover.
    I only wanted to be some kind of friend.
    Baby I could never steal you from another.
    It’s such a shame our friendship had to end.

Purple rain, purple rain.
    Purple rain, purple rain.
    Purple rain, purple rain.

I only wanted to see you underneath the purple rain.

Honey I know, I know, I know times are changing.
    It’s time we all reach out for something new,
    That means you too.
    You say you want a leader,
    But you can’t seem to make up your mind.
    I think you better close it,
    And let me guide you to the purple rain.

Purple rain, purple rain.
    Purple rain, purple rain.

If you know what I’m singing about up here.
    C’mon raise your hand.

Purple rain, purple rain.

I only want to see you, only want to see you. In the superbowl.

34. By shawn on Jan 25, 2010 | Reply

HA HA HA . KARMA KARMA KARMA. That’s what you get for making a deal with Brett ( BENEDICT ARNOLD.) Farve. 12 mil, no Super Bowl, and no Q.B. in camp. He will skip camp then want to come back,( MAYBE) just like he did to G.B. Well good luck with that VIQUEENS. When you wake up from your HANG OVER you’ll see what a mistake you made! What are you going to do for a Q.B. now, might I suggest JIM KELLY, LOL. What a glorious day in Packer nation. PURPLE TEARS PURPLE TEARS.

35. By Mike on Jan 25, 2010 | Reply

I want to thank the Viking for a great season but I am hurting today not only for me but for the players. They played like champions and I feel that even though there may have some mistakes. The Officials were as bad as they have been all year. I have been a fan my whole life 45 yrs but I feel that you deserve it. but to close this season. I want to mention that I hope Farve decides to come bak next year because I feel that he is the best and should me also mentioned as MVP of this year.

Thanks
    Again for a great season

36. By kevin young on Jan 25, 2010 | Reply

I wanted to tell Brett that I thought he gave it his all in this game. I pray that he will be our quarteback next yr. It seems the play calling is much better, probably due to Brett, he could be a good coach. I feel the offensive line let us all down, if they had done their job then the game would have been won. The Colts should easily crush the Saints.
    I don’t know what is wrong with Adrean, maybe they should trade him for a good offensive line. Jared Allen, man he is a much needed player, I hope he is back next yr. Get well guys and get more good players to fill the holes in offensive line. Kevin

37. By Dave on Jan 25, 2010 | Reply

All you Viking fans are hoping Brett comes back so u can cry again when he chokes again in a big game.Face it people your losers. Go pack

38. By Tina on Jan 25, 2010 | Reply

What a super disappointment!! Brad Childress….YOU SUCK, you are the leader/coach of this team & once again HORRIBLE clock management costs the game!!! The 12 man penality threw us out of field goal positiion & the continual effort to throw the ball at the end when we should have just plugged away down the middle of the field to put us in position for a last second field goal to go to the Super Bowl!!! Great job!!! You should be fired immediately for pure stupidity….It didn’t help that we turned to ball over toooooo many times but teams have coaches for a reason & our coach failed us…AGAIN!!!

39. By tim on Jan 25, 2010 | Reply

I feel that Adrian Peterson was the main reason for the loss. He was not focused or attentive to the game. His 3 fumbles caused the team to lose focus. Trade him he is not a worthy teammate.Or send him to a trainer to focus on strength and mental focus. He is a liabilty to the team. Rest of team laid it on the line good job team.

40. By Gerald on Jan 25, 2010 | Reply

Just wanted to say Thank You for wonderful year. This year was the best for us because my family got together many Sundays to watch the Vikes play and we were not disappointed. You guys have played your hearts out. Brett was so ripped with the last intercepted, he played with everything he had for us the fans, for the owers, and for his teammates.

It was so fun to watch the games, all the players worked so hard to do well, it was fun to see each week because we have so MUCH talented players with the Vinkings.

My 9 year of Granddaughter had 3 of the Vikings come to her school this fall so she became an instant FAN, when the Vikes lost on Sunday night, she cried she was told that 2010 is a new season again we can watch them on T.V. She was ok with that.