A few interesting notes and stats to think about before kickoff of today’s game…
– The Vikings were 4-1 this season against the 2009 playoff teams, defeating Green Bay twice, Baltimore and Cincinnati and losing to Arizona.
– A win would give the Vikings their 1st playoff win since 2004, when they defeated the Green Bay Packers 31-17 in the Wild Card game, and only their 2nd postseason win since 2000.
– This will be the 7th postseason meeting between the Vikings and the Cowboys. The teams’ 6 prior playoff games have consisted of 2 NFC Wild Card games, 2 NFC Divisional Playoff games and 2 NFC Championship Games. The Vikings are 2-4 against the Cowboys in the postseason but won the last matchup in the 1999 NFC Wild Card round, beating Dallas 27-10 in the Metrodome.
– The Vikings and Dallas have not squared off since 2007, and this is the Cowboys 1st visit to Mall of America Field since 2004 (a 35-17 Vikings win).
– A win would give the Vikings their 8th trip to the NFC Championship Game.
– Among current Vikings players, there have been 112 postseason games played with 66 starts. Seventeen Vikings will make their 1st playoff appearance this year, while 36 have either played or been on the active roster in at least one postseason game prior to 2008.
– QB Brett Favre has the most playoff starts (22) among current Vikings.
– The Vikings coaching staff has coached and/or played in 103 postseason games.
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 36 Comments »