FOX’s #1 Broadcast Team In Minnesota On Sunday

Posted by Mike Wobschall on January 12, 2010 – 8:04 am

Last weekend’s most entertaining Wild Card playoff game – Arizona’s thrilling 51-45 win over Green Bay – was on FOX’s air and was broadcast by the network’s #1 team, which consists of play-by-play man Joe Buck, analyst Troy Aikman and sideline reporters Pam Oliver and Chris Myers.

This weekend, the victorious Cardinals travel to New Orleans for a Divisional Round showdown against the Saints. But FOX’s #1 team won’t be following the Cardinals from Arizona to New Orleans.

Instead, the team of Buck, Aikman and Oliver/Myers will be in Minnesota to broadcast the Vikings-Cowboys game from Mall of America Field on Sunday.

At first glance some of you may not be excited to know that Aikman, a 3-time Super Bowl-winning QB for the Cowboys during the 1990s, will be calling a Cowboys vs. Vikings game. But I’ve enjoyed Aikman’s work over the past several seasons and I’ve never noticed a bias – either negatively or positively – from him with regard to the Cowboys.

And it might be interesting to see if Oliver has anything interesting to offer while covering the Vikings this weekend. Earlier in the season, she did this piece for FOX’s Sunday pregame show with Vikings TE Visanthe Shiancoe and WRs Bernard Berrian, Percy Harvin and Sidney Rice.

Tags: , , ,

52 Responses to “FOX’s #1 Broadcast Team In Minnesota On Sunday”

1. By Canadian Viking on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

In my opinion they are the best broadcast team on tv.

2. By kyweaver on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

SKOL VIKINGS! make us proud. I also agree they are among the best broadcast teams

3. By TFHackett on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

Aikman’s ok. I can’t stand Joe Buck. I wish NBC had the game…

4. By mikewobschall on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

Be sure to click the link I included in the blog entry. It’s an interesting and fun piece done by FOX about those 4 guys.

5. By greymous on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

Completely agree with TFHackett. Buck is an idiot. Only reason he’s employed is because of daddy’s influence. I’ll just turn the sound off and listen to the play by play on KFAN.

6. By andymtc on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

Hated Joe Buck ever since his comment about the Randy Moss moon… Pretty sure Buck hates MN

7. By David on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

Of course they’ll be covering the Vikings game. Has Troy Aikman ever done a game other than a Cowboys game when it was on FOX?

8. By Canadian Viking on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

Or CBS

9. By Canadian Viking on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

I cannot believe you are all Buck haters, hes way better than the CBS crew.

10. By m. andre on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

I agree that Aiken does good work. Should be a great broadcast.

11. By fansince61 on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

Compared to Randy Cross the ex-49er and some other announcers, Aikman is a Viking apologist. Even so, every now and then I get a whiff of Aikman the Cowboy.

12. By Vikings Fan from Afar (West) on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

As a Vikings fan, I have enormous respect for Troy Aikman. He is fair and adds a lot to any discussion.

Joe Buck has a few issues. First, his delivery. It’s too loud. It’s like he’s trying to make the game more dramatic by always INCREASING his voice. It gets really tiring. Second, he once excessively criticized Randy Moss in a playoff game. That still rubs Vikings fans like me in the wrong way.

13. By VikingsDefenseFan on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

fansince61.. You say Aikman is a Viking apologist? That screams of idiocy. If you were a true fan of football, you’d understand honest commentation. Aikman provides it solidly. Half of ESPN are Dallas fans… Yay??? Yeah, they aren’t bias at all.. pfftt

14. By Canadian Viking on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

Even the NFL network can’t stop saying the red hot cowboys, well show em on Sunday.

15. By Jack on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

#4 will prevail

16. By Michael on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

I will tell you one thing, if the Vikings, my team, will put it on the Cowboys, then we won’t have to worry about the bias opinions or commentary of Aikman or Buck. I am not saying they are, but why give them reason to be for the opposition. We need to just bring it loosely and strong. We play our game. The Cowboys are vulnerable to noise, Romo hates it. If we play our game, we can beat anybody.

17. By fansince61 on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

vikingsdefensefan Actually I was giving Aikman a compliment—-you don’t seem to understand that.

18. By VikingsDefenseFan on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

My apologies then sir. ;)

19. By paul g. kempczenski on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

cmon, aikman is so bias especially when he broadcasts cowboy games…….he’s like , sorry, no way near joe morgan who is an expert in everything related to baseball. how that guy wins emmys is a mystery to me. go vikes!

20. By vikesbaby on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

I can’t stand buck and aikman…I can here it now aikman “Dallas is the best ever!!”

21. By favrefan on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

seriously ? best broadcasting team ? I cant stand either Troy Aikman or Joe Buck. There is absolutely no objectivity in Aikman’s analysis when it comes to Cowboys games. All he is going to talk about for 3.5 hrs is how huge Dallas offensive and defensive lines are.

22. By favrefan on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

i actually like the fact that everybody is drooling over cowboys right now. takes the edge of our team. dallas is going to lay an egg in ‘Zygi’s hood’…

the only thing i’m worried about a bit for sunday (besides our MLB) is ‘Chilly’. he needs to be aggressive for this game (think McCarthy’s onside kick last week, stuff like that)…

23. By corwin on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

oh great-we get a former cowboy—who loves them to death–and jo buck who is also a big cowboy fan! go back and listen to his tape—-this is as bad as his dad-doing the cardinals-twins world series game-and his dad was the cardinal radio broadcaster— i urge all fans throughout the country—–TURN OFF THE VOLUME and turn up your radio!!!!! you will enjoy the game a lot more! pass it on !

24. By DARRELL on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

LETS GO VIKES;AFRAID DALLAS RIGHT NOW TOO HOT TO BEAT.WELL BE FLAT FROM THE LAYOFF. ARE WE GONNA HAVE CAKE FOR FARVE FOR HIS RETIREMENT PARTY AFTER THE GAME

25. By DARRELL on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

HOPE IM WRONG BUT HOW WILL FARVE HANDLE PRESSURE WITHOUT TURNING IT OVER LIKE HES KNOWN FOR IN PLAYOFFS.I WISH WE WERE GOING IN HOT INSTEAD OF BYE WEEK. HOW WE GONNA STOP 3 HEADED RUNNING GAME OF DALLAS.ILL BE SICK IF THEY GO ON TO WIN THEIR 6 SUPERBOWL AND WERE HOME WITH 0.

26. By DARRELL on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

ANYONE TIRED OF HEARING AMERICAS TEAM ALL THE TIME. WERE JUST SOME TEAM THAT SHOWS UP IN PLAYOFFS NOW AND THEN AND FALLS SHORT OF A RING LIKE THE EAGLES.LETS CHANGE THAT THIS YEAR

27. By DARRELL on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

HOW CAN WE SCORE AGAINST DALLAS WHEN THE EGGLES ONLY SCORED 14 IN 2 GAMES THAT MEANT EVERYTHING.EGGLES HAVE MOER WEAPONS THAN ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.I DONT LIKE BOYS OR EGGS THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY WHEN MCNABB CAME DANCING OUT OF TUNNEL.MAYBE HE SHOULD HAVE CAME TO PLAY FOOTBALL INSTEAD OF DANCING

28. By DARRELL on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

LOVE AIKMAN AND BUCK BOTH WORK WELL TOGETHER

29. By DARRELL on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

AM I ONLY ONE ON THIS SITE TODAY.WHERE IS EVERYONE

30. By Dana on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

Most of the season the Vikings have been under the radar,as it were, due to the attention put on Indianapolis and New Orleans. Which is just fine by me. I think that game needs to be in hand by the middle of the fourth quarter so as not to give Dallas any chance of winning!!! THIS IS OUR YEAR !!!!! SKOL VIKINGS!!!!

31. By DARRELL on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

MAYBE THEY SHOULD COMBINE EAGLES AND VIKINGS NAMES TOGETHER SINCE WE CANT WIN THE SUPERBOWL- THE EGGVIKES-LOL- LETS GO WIN ONE VIKES

32. By Canadian Viking on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

Darrell you honestly think the eagles have more weapons than the vikes are you freakin kidding me?

33. By DARRELL on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

canadian viking-what do you know about football,american sport not canadien.everyteam in nfc east would beat us if playing playoffs-better division.our division has 3 rings they have 11. we not helping with our 0.

34. By DARRELL on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

35. By DARRELL on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

go viks

36. By DARRELL on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

canadien-yes

37. By DARRELL on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

canadien-yes

38. By DARRELL on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

yea

39. By purplehorn on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

Buck, is the modern day version of Howard Cosell. Aikman carries the booth in that deal. True statement. Aikman doesn’t betray any bias towards his former team even though you know he has one.

40. By RJ on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

No doubt…FOX’s #1 team is soooo bad. But the Cowboy bias also goes to Jim Nantz at CBS and the former CBS # 1 play-by-play guy, Pat Summeral. It was so bad this last weekend that the color analyst on network radio coverage (espn) was Dan “How “Bout My Cowboys” Reeves!

The best way to shut these mouths up is to ROLL OVER THEIR COWGIRLS on Sunday!!!! Skol Baby! I just wish John Madden was doing the color!

41. By corwin on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

Turn Joe Suck and Troy Pain’s volume down to ZERO on your t.v.
    Turn Power Paul Allen up to volume HIGH on your radio !
    Win VIKINGS !!!!

42. By CA Norwegian on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

Troy goes about his business as a professional. I think he does well. But they cannot change what happens on the field. Buck, I wish he was in season sometimes. Few are talking about the linemen now, and I am not sure how healthy they have gotten. It will be the factor, McKinney’s ankle, Williams Elbow, Loadholts shoulder, Hutch’s whatever, and Winfield’s foot. How has the time off helped all the nagging injuries? I am thinking that Vegas makes money on the guys betting on the Boys. J.Allen will be roping on Sunday against the Boys.

43. By Cowboy Mojo on Jan 13, 2010 | Reply

Vikes 2-2 last four games–not good–then bye-week=–hard to focus,will not be sharp–hearing lots of negative comments. Dallas have 4 game win streak–
    2 shutouts back to back– has beaten an unbeaten team in a loud home field–
    been there done that!-have three good running backs–hot Defense play–good Offense, that my friends ====VIKES PLAY THE WORST GAME!!!!
    COWBOYS WIN!!!!!!!!!!

44. By Cowboy Mojo on Jan 13, 2010 | Reply

Oh, sorry my mistake!! meant to say Vikes 1-3 last four games.

45. By RJ on Jan 13, 2010 | Reply

With all due respect Cowboy Mojo…the Dallas Cowboys are good, but no where near the “hype” that we hear time and time and time and time and time again….blah, blah, blah. Insecure people (teams) usually do this to mask uncertainty and to attempt “intimidation” of the opposition. Ain’t gonna work this week Cowgirl Mojosie…Viking attitude for Sunday at the Metrodome….”Speak softly and carry a big stick”…uh let’s make that multiple sticks, that are going to let their actions speak louder than all of the hot air that Cowgirl fans are known for…time and time and time and time again.
    Vikings roll!!!! Cardinals knock off the Saints…NFC Championship at the Metrodome!

46. By steven on Jan 13, 2010 | Reply

cowboy mojo you might want to shut your trap and wait for the game.. im telling you

47. By corwin on Jan 13, 2010 | Reply

hey cowpie midget,
    do you know that the cowgirls have their own website?
    because all your hot air matters not here.
    go on there site—–and you large mouth small —– can stroke each other,
    go find a third grader to help you navigate your way……
    oh by the way—wear a cowgirl jersey that says mojo on the back to the game if you have a ticket !

48. By DARRELL on Jan 13, 2010 | Reply

why make fun of cowboy mojo-they have five rings while were another eagles with o. we should shut up till we finallly win a ring .there americas team not us

49. By DARRELL on Jan 13, 2010 | Reply

maybe we can trade ap and farve and a bunch of draft choices for there backup quarterback lol- we still havent recovered from hershel walker tradelol

50. By Nate F. on Jan 13, 2010 | Reply

I like how the media and everyone else bashes Favre for throwing costly intereceptions but I watched Tom brady throw 3 INT and 1 Fumble and no one said anything but “he’s just having a bad day because he’s coming off of an injury” But when Favre threw the interceptions due to a shoulder injury in his throwing arm when he was on the Jets the media teared him apart.

NOW we see Rodgers throw an INT on his first play and a Fumble on the last play to win the game but EVERY ONE is only talking about how great he is to lead his team to a come back.

Isn’t there something wrong with this picture?

51. By DARRELL on Jan 13, 2010 | Reply

nate-the media tore him apart not teared him apart-when you speak that way it makes you sound unintelligent which then makes your picks of games seem not beleivable-good luck to ya bro

52. By Big Dog on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

Hey Darrell, just because I live 8 hours north of Minnie in the Canadian bush doesn’t mean we don’t get the NFL network, and every single game. My hope is that the game isn’t decided by a blatant officials call. I have no dog in this fight (Bills Fan) but I will be watching for calls that favour the Cowboys. The networks love Gerry’s team because they draw great TV ratings.

As for the TV talking heads, they can’t tell me anything my eyes have already seen. Helen of Troy is wooden, and Joe Buck although competent, just makes me remember how great his Dad (Jack) was behind the mike.