Harvin: We Have Work To Do

Posted by Mike Wobschall on January 10, 2010 – 2:08 pm

Since the last time he suited up to play in a football game, Vikings rookie WR Percy Harvin has been honored with accolades and awards. He was named the AP’s Offensive Rookie of the Year and was also named to the NFC’s Pro Bowl roster as a returner.

With the bye week behind him and a playoff showdown with the Dallas Cowboys on the horizon, Harvin’s focus is in the right place.

“This whole year has been a great honor to me; I’m very privileged,” Harvin said. “But we’ve got some work to do, so the awards were good but we have to finish up strong.

The Cowboys are coming consecutive convincing wins over the Philadelphia Eagles, which came on the heels of an upset of the New Orleans Saints to end their bid for a perfect season.

“They’re hot right now,” Harvin said. “Their last couple of games, they’re probably the hottest team playing right now. With all of that said, we’ll control what we can control and we’ll go game plan, and as long as we do what we’ve been doing, it should be a good game.”

Although Harvin just finished up his first regular season as a pro and he’s preparing for his first playoff game in the NFL, the play-making rookie sounds like a veteran who has been through the drill. Perhaps it’s because of his big-game experience from playing at the University of Florida in college and winning 2 national titles.

“I’m not going to prepare for this game any differently than I did from any other game,” Harvin explained. “I think when you get caught up trying to do something you haven’t been doing, that’s when you can get off track. So we’re going to prepare for this game just like it’s a regular game.

“We all know it’s win or go home. We have a sense of urgency.”

Tags:

25 Responses to “Harvin: We Have Work To Do”

1. By Nine 11 on Jan 10, 2010 | Reply

Get ya game on! Go vikings!

2. By OLD SCHOOL on Jan 10, 2010 | Reply

BY THE PACKER FANS…YOU CAN HAVE RODGERS….WE LIKE OUR QB JUST FINE! SKOL VIKES!!!!!!!!!!

3. By GJ on Jan 10, 2010 | Reply

Go getem Percy. Back to the Beach

4. By kevin grant on Jan 10, 2010 | Reply

its Vikings year, super bowl champions, meet the 2nd best secondary defense in the league, meet antoine winfield best secondary player in the back and the rest of the team like cedric griffin,jared allen,greenway,pat williams.and meet the offensive line my boy brett favre,percy harvin,sidney rice,shiancoe,bernard berrian,adrian peterson,chestor taylor,all star team there and 9 pro bowl players.

5. By kevin grant on Jan 10, 2010 | Reply

go get em Brett Favre to Percy Harvin in the end zone and rice going to tear it up go Vikings its your guys year 2nd de in the league go get em you earn it.

6. By Karen on Jan 10, 2010 | Reply

GO VIKINGS!
    BEEN A FAN OF MINNISOTA VIKINGS FOR 42 YEARS.

LETS GO ALL THE WAY TO THE SUPERBOWL..

GOOD LUCK!!!!

LOVE YOU’S

7. By karen sue on Jan 10, 2010 | Reply

Ive BEEN A FAN OF THE MINNISOTA VIKINGS FOR 42 YEARS!

GO VIKINGS!!!!

GOOD LUCK!

I LOVE YOU’S

8. By nehemiahflow on Jan 10, 2010 | Reply

Go vikings this is were it counts and i just have a filling were going all the way remember I said this superbowl champs.

9. By Nemesis on Jan 10, 2010 | Reply

All I have to say is cheers to a great season. I do believe though that the playoffs will be tough, as you said mike wobschal either we win or go home. I hope it’s a win, because we should be looking at the Superbowl, with so many pro ballers on our team this year. This year is our year to shine, lets make this playoff season one to be remembered.

10. By Alpha-Dawg on Jan 11, 2010 | Reply

Nemesis…. it’s a familiar description from the past, a barrier to the Viking’s long an proud history of championship pursuit! Dallas assumes the nemesis role this week as the road to the championship gets rougher, no more cup cakes on the horizon , no more excuses as the feeding ladder aligns it’s self and the pretenders become prey in the feeding frenzy that is the NFL playoffs. Losers are left to delude themselves to thoughts of next year and what could have been. The bitterness, the disappointment, the deflated delusion of grandeur! By sunday’s fourth quarter this should become evident to one team and their following. All I hope for is a game for the ages, may the best team win!

11. By Ryan Joseph on Jan 11, 2010 | Reply

This game will come down to players that have struggled this year….Madieu Williams, Tyrell Johnson, Jasper Brinkley, and John Sullivan..They all need to step their game up..We have the worst Safeties in the NFL…Win the turnover battle and protect Favre and we will be advancing to the NFC Championship..first since 2000’…I’m not one to be negative or point out who we dont have, but we really needed Matt Birk and Darren Sharper this postseason.

12. By CARL jOHNSON on Jan 11, 2010 | Reply

I’VE BEEN BLEEDING PURPLE FOR ABOUT 40 YEARS. 40 YEARS OF UPS AND DOWNS. GREATNESS, TALENT, THRILLING VICTORIES, GUT WRENCHING LOSSES. I THANK ALL OF YOU VIKINGS PAST AND PRESENT FOR ALL OF THE MEMMORIES. ALL OF THE EXCITEMENT YOU’VE GIVEN YOUR FANS. COULD THIS BE THE THE YEAR THAT THE VIKINGS TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL AND WALK OFF THE FIELD IN MIAMI AS SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS? THAT DEPENDS ON HOW BAD YOU WANT IT. YOU HAVE AT LEAST AS MUCH TALENT AS ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE AND IF YOU ALL PLAY LIKE YOU KNOW YOU CAN,YOU’LL GET TO KISS THAT TROPHY.SOUND GOOD? VIKINGS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS ON 3 READY? 1.2…….

13. By guy hill on Jan 11, 2010 | Reply

THE WILLIAMSS…DO WORK SON..

14. By Lawrence on Jan 11, 2010 | Reply

I have seen the Great Fran Tarkention and Chuck Foreman and John Gilliam and I have seen Randle Cunningham and Chris Carter and Randy Moss and so many Fantastic Viking players for about forty years and I really think with all the braggert attitude coming from the Dallas Cowboys.That all the Vikings & I mean ALL of them are going to come out and out perform the Dallas Cowboys. If we can get Jared Allen loose into Mr Romo’s face, all day and with the Williams Men stopping, punishing, pounding runners for even trying to come into my area and Robison on the other side to get at Romo’s ball hand and knock it loose as will Mr Allen. Now, If Mr McKinney can stop Mr ware and I know he Can!!!!
    Believe it on every down this guy is a Human Bull, a Real PowerHouse, dont get it twisted. and Adrian takes No for his answer and puts His Heart & Body into it as if its his last season, to make the Superbowl. and I will tell you Quarterbacks like Brett Farve, well you may never get a pull every joint every ligament strain every muscle every nerve work every down, MAN behind center like him again, to my Team Who I have seen lose to Kansas City , Miami, Oakland & Pittsburgh in the Superbowl. Make every down count, do not give up an INCH MENTALLY, PLAY LIKE YOU HAVE THE LAST SIX QUARTERS AS IF NO MATTER IF YOU ARE BEHIND, NO MATTER AS YOU COULD END UP, BUT FOR A MOMENT, OR WAY AHEAD, DO NOT EVER GIVE AND INCH MENTALLY TO ANYONE ON THE OTHER SIDE AGAINST, YOU, DONT GET DOWN, DONT GET FRUSTRATED, GET MORE DETERMINED THAN EVER BEFORE, SINCE HIGHSCHOOL, SINCE COLLEGE YOU HAVE DREAMED OF GOING TO AND WINNING THE SUPERBOWL ON A TEAM IN THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, NOW YOUR THREE GAMES FROM THAT GOAL, YOU CAN TASTE IT, NOW GO AND GRIT DOWN AND BEAT YOUR MAN EVERY SINGLE DOWN, GIVE BRETT THE MASTER TIME AND WATCH OUR UNMATCHED TOP RECEIVERS GO TO THAT ENDZONE, OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER, AGAIN. GET OUR MIDDLE LINEBACKER MR BRINKLEY TO BREAK THRU THE MIDDLE A FEW TOO MANY TIMES AND HOLD ONTO THE BALL, STAY AWARE OF THE DEFENDER BEHIND YOU AS I SEE THE BIG PLAN TEAMS ARE USING THIS WEEK IS SLAP THE BALL. SERIOUSLY, This Vikings Team is truly capable of Winning this huge game, and if you guys primarily do not allow your minds to get down no matter what, like the last half of the Bears game, then you will see the Purple and Gold holding, smiling, and Mr Farve saying Im going to Disney World in response to the question.

15. By Jimmy Cook on Jan 11, 2010 | Reply

I have been a Vikings since the the the early days of “Sir Francis”. I remember after the NFC championship game driving and hearing on the radio that Fran’s father had passed of a heart attack probably after the”push off”.
    Let’s go Vikings you have had so many fans waiting over 30 years for the chance to send “South America’s Team” packing.

16. By Mr U on Jan 11, 2010 | Reply

Percy, as you can see, their are alot of old Viking fans here that have been folowwing this team for most of their lives. I am one of them, 42 yrs and counting. I have been all over the country for games, have spent 10’s of thousands of dollars on gear and have been standing tall through all the disappointments.
    I’m still hurting from the loss to the Raiders in 77 and the Championship game loss in 98.
    This season is as special as they come. You have been blessed to play with the Iron man of the NFL, who at 40 yrs old threw for over 4,000 yards and is ready to bring this team to the big game and win it. You have a chance to go down in history with Mr Bret Farve as the best team he has ever played on in his 19-20 yr career. We want to see him go into Canton as a Viking and I will be there if he does.
    Tell the guys I ask them to dig deeper than they ever knew they could for these next three games and put themselves in the NFL history books. Make all of us Old Viking fans happy and proud.
    Good Luck, god bless and win this one for the Gipper!!

Mr U
    Watervliet NY

17. By dude on Jan 11, 2010 | Reply

Dallas is gonna skunk the vikes hahahaha

18. By B Barninger on Jan 11, 2010 | Reply

Go Vikings and beat those Cowboys! You have the talent to do this. Love watching all of you play! Been a Brett Farve fan for years. It would be so great to see the Vikings go all the way to the Super Bowl. Play your best! Looking forward to a win in Minnesota this Sunday !

19. By Noel on Jan 11, 2010 | Reply

I’m sorry to break it to you guys but Dallas’ Ware and Anthony Spencer are gonna retire Favre!…There’s is no way Vikings offense can overcome with Dallas’ defense, Peterson will be more help to us, with his case of fumbilits, than he will be to you guys. Romo is gonna spread the ball to all the Boys various weapons and it’ll be a matter of time for Miles Austin to break a few big gains. I’m sorry to burst your bubble but I’m a realist….enjoy this week while it lasts.

Go Cowboys!!

20. By Lawrence on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

We shall see about that but remember this Dallas fans, you could win not doubt but learn something from the Midwest attitude, dont be a haughty bad winner if you perhaps do, but you know what I dont think so, watch Mr Percy Harvin and Mr Sidney Rice and Mr Ashante Shiancoe & Mr Bernard Berrian HANDLE THEIR BUSINESS. P.S. Just a note ok, I gotta wonder Why, why are so many Dallas fans on the Minnesota Vikings website is it to watch all the highlights of our OUTSTANDING, UN SATISFIED TEAM or is it FeAR, Because I am not going to bother with the Dallas Website.

21. By TOM S. on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

THIS VIKINGS TEAM
    PLAYING AT HOME
    WHAT MORE COULD FANS WANT FROM A PLAYOFF GAME.

TOM S

22. By CA Norwegian on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

Percy ( shhh ) ,,, B R E A K A N O T H E R O N E ! ! !

23. By hjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjvvvvvvvvvvvvvv on Jan 13, 2010 | Reply

go vikes all the way percy is the best

24. By hjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjvvvvvvvvvvvvvv on Jan 13, 2010 | Reply

cowboys are going to choke

2. Jan 10, 2010: Vikings Blog