Submit Your Questions For “Vikings GamePlan”

Posted by Ryan Cardinal on January 5, 2010 – 12:09 pm

Even though the Vikings are off this weekend, “Vikings GamePlan” will still air this Sunday on KMSP Fox 9 at 10:30 a.m. this Sunday and is simulcast on FS North.  Fans can submit their questions for Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress by clicking here, and if Coach Childress answers your question, you’ll win an autographed picture of Childress.

For more on “Vikings GamePlan,” click here.

Posted in All | 25 Comments »

25 Responses to “Submit Your Questions For “Vikings GamePlan””

1. By Erik S. on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Hey coach, really looking forward to the big game on the 17th. I was wondering why lately I’ve been seeing only 9 to 15 running plays for adrian? I am the biggest Favre fan in the world and he’s brought so much success to this offense, but why is the best tailback in the league getting so few touches?

2. By Geoff Briley on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Hey Vikings!!! I am hudge fan and have been for years. I cried when we lost the 1999 NFC Champ game against the Falcons.Anyway, I thought it would be nice to show a differnt team in the playoffs. Dont get me wrong keep doing everything your doing but throw in some wild cat plays wit AP, Percy, and maybe T-Jack!! Throw the defense off a little with counter pitches with AP. A Fle Flicker here and there, i can almost gaurantee we will ahve hudge sucsses on just those plays i metioned!! I also need tickets to Miami when we go. PLease, i have two kids and dont make a ton of money but it will be the best gift i have ever had in my life.. Thanks!!

3. By cj belcher on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

I LOVE THE VIKINGS…AND HAVE FOR YEARS.GETTING FARVE WAS THE BEST MOVE SINCE WE TRADED A #1 FOR ALLEN….BUT I HAVE TO WONDER ABOUT ALOT OF THE PLAY CALLS IN THE RESENT LOSES….3 OUT OF 4 PLAYS I COULD CALL EXACTLY WHAT WAS GOING HAPPEN BEFORE THEY STARTED THE PLAY, AND IF A COUCH QB KNEW THE PLAY LIKE ME..DONT YOU THINK THE OTHER TEAMS DID TO ? IN THE WIN OVER THE GIANTS MOST OF THE PLAYS HAD CHANGED AND SO I GOT MOST OF THEM WRONG, BUT THEY WORKED……..KEEP IT FRESH AND NEW AND WE CAN WIN THE SUPER BOWL…..GOOD LUCK GUYS

4. By Patrick B on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

First, I think you’re a good man Coach Childress and a good coach. Obviously guys want to play for you and work with you. Second, there obviously was a concerted effort to want to try to force the run and pound it out for the last quarter of the season or so, after the Vikings had locked up about 11 wins. Now the mantra seemingly has transitioned to ‘we’re a whatever it takes to win’ style team instead of a ‘run first team’ — Was this a conscious effort by the Vikings to make adjustments earlier during the course of a game instead of sticking to scripted plays or stuff that just isn’t working early on? As a fan, it really does seem as if the Vikings were “playing it safe” down the stretch, but it ended up biting you in the @#&.

5. By Dennis on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Hi Coach,
    Great job so far this season. I am sure that you realize your weaknesses in the secondary and safety positions and at times the tackling on the backside has been a real embarrassment.
    You do get a lot of pressure with your front four but wouldn’t more blitz packages help take some pressure off those guys and cause some hurried throws resulting in more chances for some interceptions? Your defense has got to be one of the lowest scoring defenses in the league. It would be nice to see them help out the offense in that area once in a while.

6. By Kevin B on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Coach: The teams with the most success against the Vikings recently got to Favre and knocked him on the ground. I know this is an obvious statement. My question is in those games it seemed like the fullback and tightend did not play as many downs as normal am I dreaming this?? Thanks.

7. By Chad K on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Hey coach,
    Just wondering if the offense has ever considered starting a game out in hurry up offense? We have the greatest lineup probably in Viking history. I think with that and also the inteligence across the offence that would really throw a stinger at the next opponent. Just kind of wondering if that had ever been a option to you???

8. By Mark Hernandez on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

When will we see Tavaris jackson, Percy harvin, and Adrian Peterson in the backfield in the Wildcat offense. The option would limit end rushes, and also would mean that the LB’s would now have to account for the QB which would open up the middle even more for the tight end. Also, thnk of the speed to the corner with Jackson and Harvin hitting it on the read option or straight option

9. By kenny on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

yo,chil
    you should play madden nfl 10 and see what works on the teams the viks have to play in the playoffs and add some of them to your game plan.

10. By paul g. kempczenski on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

coach, we have a huge viking fanbase out here in hawaii. we wish you, and your team the best of luck. one quick question i have, obviously, you don’t know who you will be playing just yet. how much adjustments are needed or what implementation is there towards the foe that you will be facing. i guess it would vary from team to team toward their style of game which in all, turns out to be a chess match. will be cheering, aloha

11. By scott soshnik on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

coach have 4 throw the ball to #28

12. By Hector J. Hererra on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

First Of all I think we all know the secondary of the vikings stink. If we don’t get it together we will be out of the playoffs fast. Our defense needs to pick it up if the vikings are going to reach the superbowl. Start fast and get a fourteen point lead and play agressive even with a large lead. Throughout the history of the vikings they sit on the lead and end up losing. The best defense for the vikings is offense because our secondary is not that good.

13. By Mitch Rosa on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Hey Coach, I’m from Butte MT and i would really like to see our boy Colt on the field. I heard a rumor this weekend about it and i was wondering if you could give me any confirmation. I would also like to see som of the Wildcat because the saints were not able to defend it well and i think any other team would have a problem too so. If you can get back too me that would be great.

14. By Jake on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

so i read some of these questions and the wildcat is for teams that dont have a qb so i dont think we’ll be doing any of that and all we need to do in the playoffs is protect favre and let him do what he does best and that will open up the run for peterson and taylor and we fans all know this we seen in this whole year so i think going into the playoffs the first game lets try a big play on the first play of the game like a hail marry or something like favre to rice for 80 yrds or for a td huh it worked last yr with t-jack to berrian or favre to taylor on the line of scrimmage and taylor throws to harvin or rice hmmm we would have a SCARY offense something no ones seen out of us befor try it mayb

15. By Henry on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Hi, Coach please make this team practice at night it seems they are not playing at a high level of intensity in night games. One last reminder for the playoffs don’t play in to the hands of the defense, attack what the defense gives you. If they stack 8 in the box pass if they drop back just run. Never force your will or you will be playing in your opponents trap.

16. By Graz on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Coach,
    In order to really win….After you find out which team you do face have each Viking Player know the strenghts and weakeness of the player they will face to have that edge so they can beat him down ..ok
    I seen this work,,, Challenge them to play 60 mins on that player they are up against…
    Try it this will work..Have asst.coaches help too.
    Graz …Future Coach

17. By Graz on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Coach,

In the second half of football go to a 2-min drill playing status. Go for special team plays and do things after you practise them to totally wipe the team…I see you facing the Packers…Be sure to Blitz
    first downs and slam the QB…hard. No mercy…In your face Defense is the only way you will go to a Super Bowl…ok. Think about it..It’s time do go at them…Defense will win it not Offensively now…
    No more than 17 points should the other team score got that…so make it happen ok..

Graz Future Coach

18. By VikingsFanatic on Jan 6, 2010 | Reply

Coach, I must say i think the great performance against the Giants and the bye are just what the doctor ordered. My question is : Will we see any new wrinkles to the offense. I loved the run by Harvin in the first quarter of the Giants game. Anything to get the ball into Percy’s hands is a plus. Just one comment. Keep number 4 clean and well have a great chance at going to Miami. When our offense clicks it cant be stopped. Keep up the good play calling and give Darrel a high five for me the game plan against the Giants was genius. Good Luck!!

19. By rap99 on Jan 6, 2010 | Reply

CJ, i agree great move getting favre. allen was a great move also, we gave a 1 and two 3′s for him.

20. By Antonio on Jan 6, 2010 | Reply

Hey Coach…I´m from Mexico and here we follow every single game. We believe this is the one for the championship.!!! It is the best team vikings have had ever…remember you have a lot of fans here in Mexico. Do not let us down.!!!

21. By Nakia2828 on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

HEY Coach,
    My name is Brandon from Owensboro, Ky I first would like to say congrats on the Division Title now lets move on to bigger things. I so sick of hearing the Cowboys, and the Packers are the most complete teams and have the best offenses right now, would you do me a favor and Take our second rank scoring team and stick it where the sun dont shine for them . I mean we are the best offense with the best players, so lets get the ball to all our playmakers AP, Taylor Harvin Rice Berrian and also dont forget to Shank em-o. OKAY THANKS

22. By Steve on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

Brad C,

I live in VA & watch every game on Sunday ticket. The Vikings look great at home but slip & slide a lot on the road on grass. Why? Also when we blitz the opposing QB quite often burns us deep, I may be in the minority but I say blitz less. Will we see more changes at safety since Johnson is missing tackles. Could Winfield play that position? Why not have Taylor and Peterson together in the backfield more then run Berrian on a deep slugo. Probably b/c he drops em lately huh? One last thing’ shave your head and cut your beard into a goatee. You would look like a badass. Hey man, let Farve cut it loose right from the start and don’t let up at all. Every game we get a lead then let up we end up too close for comfort.

23. By Jeff on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

GO VIKINGS DONT LET US DONE LET B. FAVRE DO HIS THING GOOD LUCK VIKINGS I HOPE E WIN ALL THE REST OF OUR GAMES =)

24. By Jeff on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

ops i ment **Down** there

25. By mike stumpf on Jan 13, 2010 | Reply

coach i was thinking it might to run a.p. out of a four wide set being he is such a strong runner if run is not there can still pass i think it would sread defence and keep them geusing it seemes to me a.p. runs to fast four a lead blocker exept goline