Favre Named Finalist For FedEx POW

Posted by Mike Wobschall on January 5, 2010 – 2:45 pm

QB Brett Favre has been named a finalist for FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played during Week 17.

Favre was 25 of 31 for 316 yards and 4 TDs in a 44-7 thrashing of the NY Giants in a game that moved the Vikings to 12-4 on the season and ultimately landed them a 1st-round bye in the NFC playoffs.

The other QBs also named as finalists for this week’s award were Chicago’s Jay Cutler and Pittsburgh’s Ben Roethlisberger.

You can vote for Favre by clicking here.

9 Responses to “Favre Named Finalist For FedEx POW”

1. By favremvp on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Favre is also leading on the MVP poll at nfl.com over Brees, Manning, Johnson and Rivers.

2. By tony on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

favre deserves to be MVP

3. By Stephanie on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Favre 4 MVP! although it’s such a tight race this year. unfortunately there are way too many other candidates that are right there. any other year it would be Brett hands down.

4. By Reece on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

i don’t get why everyone hates brett favre. if any player he’s played with or against and any coach of his will say he is a great teammate and the most selfless player ever. nothing bad to say so where does everyone get this hate.

5. By Kim on Jan 6, 2010 | Reply

I just have to put my 2 cents in…This team has it all! Between all the Superior Players & Coaches we have on this team, there is NO WAY we will not WIN the Superbowl…THIS is OUR time!!! All egos aside…This is a team that has all the pieces of the puzzle needed to WIN! This is from a life long bred Packer fan that has learned more about the game in the last 2 years than I ever knew in my 50 yrs! I never was a Viking hater, always appreciated the rivalry & team players…but now & forever will be a Viking fan, no matter what happens down the pike! WHAOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. By OLD SCHOOL on Jan 6, 2010 | Reply

Philly beats Dallas…we sit back and watch the Packers game and we get the winner at home..I believe this will be a tuff game either way! I would like to see the Cards instead of the Packers…anyone with me on this?! I just think…..and Dallas will find this out on Sat. night…it is real hard to beat a team 2 times in one year, let alone 3 times !

7. By TheGreatPurpleOne on Jan 6, 2010 | Reply

@Oldschoo
    Im with you. Plus the card have already won one game agianst us so we are already looking for payback but still i wouldn’t mind the vikings nocking out the packers.

8. By Bruce on Jan 6, 2010 | Reply

Reece, the reason Favre gets some haters is because he is competition to their favorite players and also because people are just plain jealous of him. But the truth is, he really is a down to earth kind of guy that will stop to talk to anyone and won’t appear in a $2000 suit to make you feel inferior.

9. By peter john groff on Jan 15, 2010 | Reply

make the moves in the game on this sunday at noon fast ball when you see evry guy on your team make big plays every game it like Batter field to be lot strong then that evry corner you look at your team palyer it down the field see throw teh ball at the guy look at evry palys on to cowboy palys to do the same palys they did to ues it well and after the big game watch every game video waht you do next week so lot better type to me on facebook news every time you can do it well my birthday is 3 mounth 4 you are my bigs fans every was when i saw you on the vikings lits i wounder lot of times look at the nes payer it makes me happy so that is so good me to god is good all the time he love you so much de care of you to all in your life time in the word of light it is good when it shine on you when you make right moves on the freld or not thank you becmeing my my fans of life