NFL Announces Divisional Round Schedule

Posted by Mike Wobschall on January 4, 2010 – 12:07 pm

Even though the Vikings don’t know who they’ll be playing during the Divisional Round of the NFC playoffs, they now know when they’ll be playing.

The NFL has announced the Divisional Round schedule and the Vikings, who are the NFC’s #2 seed will be playing on Sunday, January 17 at 12:00 p.m. CT at Mall of America Field.

The #1-seeded New Orleans Saints will host their Divisional Round game on Saturday, January 16 at 3:30 CT.

Both the Vikings and Saints games will be televised by FOX.

In the AFC, the top-seeded Indianapolis Colts will host their game on Saturday night at 7:15 p.m. CT and the AFC’s #2 seed, the San Diego Chargers, will conclude the Divisional Round by hosting their game at 3:30 on Sunday.

Both of the AFC games will be televised by CBS.

36 Responses to “NFL Announces Divisional Round Schedule”

1. By David on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

I guess somewhat unrelated. But I was just thinking a great blog topic would be about how the vikings have made an impact across the playoff race not only by being in themselves but off season trades have helped two others teams to the playoffs. A great running game with Mcgahee and Rice emerged this year in baltimore, is it no surprise considering our former veteran run blocking center has been found leading the charge there? And how about in New Orleans where a revitalized secondary led by former Viking Daren Sharper? It seems the vikings influence has more to do with the playoffs than just our own games.

2. By Bigfan on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

Great, the Vikings got their favorite slot, 12noon.

3. By Canadian Viking on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

I agree bigfan excellent slot

4. By Anna on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

Did anyone else notice they have it as “Sunday, January 17th? That’s obviously not right, so is it Saturday or Sunday?

5. By JULIO RODRIGUEZ on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

HOME PAGE AT WWW VIKINGS .COM HAS IT IN BOLD LETTERS SUNDAY THE 18TH AT NOON I GUESS THEY ARE PREDICTING NEXT YEAR AHEAD OF TIME

6. By MARTHA on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

WOW GAME IS ALREADY SOLD OUT

7. By Dubuque Viking on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

No that’s right Sunday Jan. 17, 2010

8. By julio on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

If Packers and Eagle WIn we get Farve vs Packers 3
    If Cowboys win they come to the Domeeee

9. By Steve boys fan on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

You Vikings fans better hope the Eagles win on Saturday night because you don’t want the Cowboys coming to town! Glad we could provide you with the 2nd seed, and even though a loss on your part would’ve given us the 2nd seed, I must say it was almost worth watching you humiliate the GI ants! See you on Jan 17th!!

10. By julio on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

Forget about it Steve boys fan we are going to the Super Bowl Eagles will beat the boys and the Packers Will Beat the Cards and the eagles will beat the Saints and will Play the NFC ChampionShip Here In the DOMEEEEEEE

11. By tprranc on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

This has got to be one of the BEST Vikings Teams I have seen in My 40 Years as a Fan,There’s no side line Squabbling,They are a fine running machine of Expertise,And I’m very Proud of them all for the effort they are putting into the Team,and the Game. Next Stop– Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. By charlie on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

Dumavan Mcnabbed looked fat and slow, the chunky soup is catching up. I dont wanna hear any racial bullshiiiiit either, fat isnt a matter of black or white or purple. its sad that i even have to defend that statement, we have a black president, getta life sharpton

13. By Hornedhelm on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

It all a toucg call. Not sure who I want tot play. Dallas has ag reat Defense Green Bay has a great Defens #1 Rush defense NOW…Arizona was dominant against us.

14. By Raul 919 on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

Hornedhelm, dawg what kind of fan are you? C’mon man! The Vikings got their swagger back baby! It ain’t a situation of “Favre’s” team or “Peterson’s” team, they’re a complete team. Like brad childress said the best T-E-A-M wins, and this minnesota vikings team is one bad ass team offensively,defensively, and special teams. so what if the packers have a meaningless #1 ranked defense, if they load up to stop peterson, favre makes them pay, and that’s why this team is so succesful, focus on peterson, favre beats ya, focus on the passing game, peterson beats ya. favre was the missing piece baby! the heart, hustle and soul of this T-E-A-M is too much for any opposing team in the playoffs.

15. By Raul 919 on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

I believe no team can contend with the Minnesota Vikings, and I believe the Minnesota Vikings will win Super Bowl 44. You know it’s gonna be tough picking out whose jersey to buy, this team is blessed with so many great players.

16. By XGBFan on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

Go Vickings. Go T E A M. Go Brett!

17. By Nate F. on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

do you think vikes should go for the following players
    Julius Peppers
    Shawn Merriman
    Osi Umenyiora
    Terell Owens
    Randy Moss (if his contract’s up)

I really want to see this as a blog to hear people’s comments about it

thanks

18. By tprranc on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

NOT Owens!! Too much of a trouble maker,not satisfied with helping the Team as a Unit,He just Narcissitic,Besides Their Team is well rounded Now,Only problem would be Retirees,and Contract Problems,Brett would be a Retiree problem aswell,And that would be a Sad loss!!!!!

19. By Fuzzy Intaglio on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

@ Nate F.

It would be nice to have Randy come back into town for some extra domination but that’s not going to happen. Definitely not TO. Osi could work. We don’t really need him though. I’m a huge Merriman fan though, I’d be happy to see him in town, we could put him to good use. Julius Peppers would be a good fit but again, we don’t really need him. On a list of things we need I’m thinking QB, sorry let’s face it Farve isn’t quite in his golden years. Also LB MAYBE, I like where Brinkley is at, with a little more experience he’ll be good. He’s a gem of a 5th round pick. Also we could stand to have another good DB, or better pass covering LBs, god I loved EJ for that!

Oh man, lots of text. You may post now.

20. By Fuzzy Intaglio on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

Favre not Farve. My bad.

21. By Joe on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

Best case scenario: Philli beats cowboys so we dont have to play them. We beat the winner of pack-cards. Philli beats New Orleans (honestly I think N.O. is overrated so this could happen). We play Philli at home to go to the Superbowl. My ultimate goal is to see New Orleans lose so we get to play at home. Don’t think anyone can beat us at home. GO VIKES!

22. By Nate F, on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

Hey Joe, I think Green Bay is going to beat Arizona. Dallas will beat Philadelphia. We face Dallas and beat them. The packers beat the saints. Then we face Packs in the NFC Championship. Either way I have a feeling we’re going to play packers. Arizona crushed us several weeks ago and although they are banged up I don’t know if I want to face them. Whatever happens happens.

But it would be a great way for favre to go out if they play the packers one more time and eliminate them. Go to the Superbowl and face the jets ( the team that he was on last year) the media would eat it up.

23. By steve on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

biggest worry for vikings is the passing game of dallas ,arizona and green bay
    if we cannot put pressure on their qb we will have to score 35 points to win
    dallas won in new orleans,,green bay used to playing in minnesota..i believe arizona would be our best match up as they dont usaully play well on the road and they have the late game sunday

24. By PAVikesFan on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

‘Hornedhelm’: I agree with you…I’ve been saying all along,it’s a pick ur poison type of deal. It really doesnt matter who we play, b/c they are all good teams. Bottom line is, if we are determined to get to the SB, we will beat anyone, BUT, to ur point in which I agree, I guess I’d want to face Arizona, a little payback, for which also is the reason why I dont want to see GB for a third time. Dallas is HOT right now. They have the best defense in the playoffs, for sure. Who the heck shuts out the Eagles???That’s not easy people. I’m gonna enjoy this week, I’m in such a good mood for this 1st round bye. This doesnt happen all the time, dont take it for granted, live in the moment, enjoy it!!!

25. By norsman4life on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

The Vikes are finally in a legitimate race for the superbowl. We have finally aquired a franchise Q.B. (sorry we couldnt have had him years ago) I have waited a very long time to see a Minnesota team that has jelled as well as this group. This could be a great start to a new decade with a Minnesota Vikings Superbowl Victory

26. By matt on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Finally some real optimism in the playoffs… favre was great this year, much better than i expected..i would like us to keep on using winfield in the slot.. has anyone noticed how jamarca sanford plays with iron in his shoulder pads, man that dude brings it! you cant really tell on tv how he plays on the back-end, but i would like to see more of him. johnson hasnt seemed to shore up the pass defense… sharper wasnt much better though, but he did have occasional picks,not as much as he is having now btw…and to NATE F. great question, would love to see peppers play opposite jared allen, peppers likes to play that spot too!! I dont know if we could afford him though. whoever is going to the game, i hope you have monday off cause i dont want you to be able to have a voice! go vikes!

27. By rap99 on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

our pass D worries me, it has been awful! no super bowl if we do not pressure opps QB!! 98 team was the best i saw since i started watching in 64. this team is close. one super bowl victory so i can die in peace and make my wife happy!

28. By Sid/Vicious on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

3games,win 3gms here there where EVER & we’re champs

29. By Neek on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

I am a diehard Vikings fan & I have very high hopes for a very extended post season this year & possibly even a superbowl spot. My question to my fellow purple pride fans though is, the reality is Brett only has maybe another year left in my opinion (I realize this is the year of his career and hes beating all the odds) but i mean really, probably 1 more year. After that, what does the viks have to do to keep up their great play, currently they have Tavaris and Sage Rosenfells, neither can lead a football team SO do they try and aquire another vet or possibly look at trading up for a high draft pick? & when? Just wanted others opinions on that!

30. By rap99 on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

NEEK, i agree TJ or sage are not the answer, i think they have to wait and see what will be available in the off season, but this must be addressed. i do want to see favre in purple again next season.

31. By ovness on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Ok, I read all the comments and I am ready to add my 2 cents, for what it’s worth.

We lost to Arizona because we lost H in the game and replaced him with a rookie who was not ready for the game, and besides that it was a classic trap game that we were just not mentally ready for. (a problem Chilli has had in the past) However, we have an experienced QB who Chillii has finally agreed must be what he is for us to be successful. We set up the run with the pass. The reason we cannot run as well as past years is because of a certain center who now plays for Baltimore. ( I am still wondering what happened that Birk left with out giving the Vikings a chance to compete for his services, he was not traded)

We can beat anyone at home because we again have the twelfth man involved that has been rather quite the last few years (the fans). Dallas will beat Philly again and they will come up North and it will be a classic like the ones I remember between Tarkenton and Stabauch (sp?). It would be sweet to get revenge again for the hail marry pass I see every time they run a highlight of the old navy QB.

Green bay will beat Arizona again because the cards run is finished, and Warner will not be able to dodge GB’s “D”, Also, come next year the Cards will lose the weakest division in the NFL to the 49ers (especially if they get a QB in the off season, nice to call a different division as the worst for a change ain’t it?).

GB will beat New Orleans and Minnesota will beat Dallas. Then we will enjoy watching Allen chase Rogers all over as we sack him 8 times again. Especially because we will have the full compliment of the D line together and when our “D” is on, there is not a better ‘D” in the NFL. Then we will square off against the hottest team in the NFL and that my friends will be San Diego. Lets get ready to rumble, because this will be a Super Bowl for the ages, a Super Bowl that will see Adriena Peterson finally get ignited as Chilli unleashes a few wild cat plays that they have talked about practicing all year but have yet to even hint at trying. This will put SD back so far on their heals that they will not know what hit them.

As for the off season, I want us to find a few good corners or safeties to help the “D” line out a bit more. Winfield is a great tackler, but is much too easy to burn when caught off guard because he is to slow to catch the swift reciever’s most teams have.

Find a QB for the future, trade what they can to get one from the draft and let Favre play another year to show him how to learn. Even if Favra does not like training, the kid will learn as Arron did. Reason being is, if we do not find a QB for the future we will be watching Chicago, GB, and YES even Detroit dominate our division for the next ten years after Favra leaves because T jack will not cut it. All three of these teams are set at QB for the next ten years and they are all very, very good.

32. By ovness on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Oh yeah, GO VIKES!!!!!

33. By S.S on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

I must say, I am and have been a die hard Packer fan, BUT, Favre will always be my man. The way GB did him over was rediculous, I never thought Id say it, but I hope if it comes down to it if you guys play GB, you all kick their a**. To pick a guy(Rodgers) who has never started an NFL game over a Hall Of Famer is beyond me. I’ve been cheering Favre on all year long and proud to see him get to team that can help him be better as well. I wish you guys the best of luck in the playoffs, I know you guys will do just fine.

34. By Mel on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Go Vikes! I feel that everyone will step up since we did get Pat Williams back in the middle. Our safties and lb’s are not playing a soft defense in the middle. Imagine a 3rd meeting against GreenBay in the NFC championship? ummm Sounds possible. The old central, new NFC North running the tables. Favre has the receivers that the other teams overlooked in the past drafts and now they are making a BIG statement.

35. By vintage ヴィンテージ datia ダチア on Jun 18, 2014 | Reply

Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you writing this article and the rest of the site is extremely
    good.