Vikings Wrapping Up Win; Cheering For Cowboys

Posted by Mike Wobschall on January 3, 2010 – 2:44 pm

With 4:51 to go in the game, the Vikings are leading the NY Giants by a score of 44-7.

Once the clock gets to 00:00, the Vikings will move to 12-4 and will have done enough to have a shot for a 1st-round bye.

In order to secure that 1st-round bye next weekend, the Vikings now need the Dallas Cowboys to hold serve at home and defeat the Philadelphia Eagles.

Stay tuned to vikings.com for constant, continuing and exclusive coverage of the Vikings all of tonight and throughout the playoffs.

16 Responses to “Vikings Wrapping Up Win; Cheering For Cowboys”

1. By Heiðar on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Vikings to the Superbowl

2. By Michael Andre on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Touchdown Dallas! Romo to Witten for six…plus the extra point. Nice job earlier today by the Vikings. Fantastic home win.

3. By Jeanine on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Here we go Vikings, Here we go!

4. By purplehorn on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Really a dominate performance today. Dallas up 14-0. The stars are aligning for us to get even with the Eagles.

5. By PAVikesFan on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

So far so good, Dallas tends to get content though when they’re up, we’ll see what happens in the second half, but, so far so good…I would love a 1st round bye, would absolutely love it

6. By kiera on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

NICE WIN 4 THE VIKINGS!!! GO COWBOYS (WOW IT FEELS VERRRY WEIRD TO CHEER TO THE COWBOYS)

7. By Gary on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

I’m out of the area so naturally I didn’t get to see the game but I heard Percy Harvin was hit and taken out of the game. Is that true? How is he? Still Dallas 17 Eagles 0 with 9 min left in the 3rd. A sleeper team in the playoffs that no one seems to talk about is the 10-5 Packers. I know we beat them twice but they also beat up on teams we lost to. I’ve been saying all year this is our year I sure hope I’m right.

8. By PAVikesFan on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, but all the teams in the NFC are capable of going the distance. At least either them or ARZ will be home after next week. 2 teams I dont want to see in the playoffs, not that I want to see Dallas or Philly either. Basically, it’s a pick ur poison scenario for every team in the NFC. 6 really good teams. But,it would be harder to go thru the NFC playing 3 games rather than 2, so a first round bye is key. So, I’m loving today in so many ways. For once, things went our way. Let’s hope they continue in the playoffs

9. By Adam Hagen on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Is anyone else worried about being the #2 seed? I just don’t like the packers being in our bracket. Even though it is at home, their is just as many packer fans that will flood the dome as viking fan. If we lose to the packers, beating them twice this year means nothing. Someone talk some sense into me.

10. By Paramed101 on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Ok, Im confused. Now that we have the number 2 seed, and 1st round bye, who do we play at home next and when?

11. By Allison young on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

I’m the Vikings fan, my husband is a Cowboys fan. Next week ITS WAR AT MY HOUSE. As normal the wife will be in the right! Go Vikings!!!!

12. By PAVikesFan on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Here’s the deal…We get the highest remaining seed. If Dal wins next week, no matter the outcome of GB-ARZ, we get Dallas…If Dallas loses, we get the winner of GB-ARZ, b/c PHI is the lowest seed, so if they win they go to NO…’Adam’, I def. dont want to see the Packers again but, then again, in the playoffs, you have to beat teams u dont want to face, that’s the beauty of the playoffs. Regardless, you have to WIN, bottom line, you have to WIN

13. By Adam Hagen on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Who knows, favre probably wants the packers again. If that happened and we won, In a sick way I wouldn’t care about the Super Bowl. Thanks for setting up that playoff scenario for me. Ive been watching after the dallas game and it still didn’t explain it like you did for me.

14. By Randz527 on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

I would be very afraid to play the Green Bay Packers again. That team just seems to be playing the best out of all 6 teams in the playoffs. If that reciever for Pitt drops that ball, they have won 8 games in a row. And not just winning the games but destroying the teams they played. For some reason the media is staying away from the Packers. Plus their defense is alot better now too. I think their defense is alot better than ours right now. And if we do play them in our dome. You know the Packer fans will be there in full force. They always are. We have TO MANY fare weather fans in Minnesota. What do you guys think.

15. By Sam on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

You Vikes fans don’t have to worry about the Packers because the Boys will be taking you down!!

16. By Nate F. on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

do you think vikes should go for the following players
    Julius Peppers
    Shawn Merriman
    Osi Umenyiora
    Terell Owens
    Randy Moss (if his contract’s up)

I really want to see this as a blog to hear people’s comments about it

thanks