Wednesday Injury Report Released

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 30, 2009 – 3:25 pm

The Vikings and Giants have each released their initial injury reports for the week.

For the Vikings, 2 players – DT Jimmy Kennedy (thumb) and TE Visanthe Shiancoe (thigh) – were held out of practice on Wednesday. Five other players appear on the report as limited participants; they are: S Eric Frampton (ankle), G Steve Hutchinson (shoulder), C John Sullivan (knee), DT Pat Williams (elbow) and CB Antoine Winfield (foot).

You can view the entire Vikings injury report (thrilling, we know) by clicking here.

The Giants have a much longer list. We’ve learned already today that RB Brandon Jacobs (knee) won’t be playing. Five other members of the team were held out of practice and 5 more were limited, including QB Eli Manning (foot).

Other Giants who were limited – DT Chris Canty (knee), WR Hakeem Nicks (hamstring), DT Fred Robbins (lower leg) and G Rich Seubert (knee). Those held out of practice were RB Ahmad Bradshaw (ankles/foot), WR Mario Manningham (shoulder), T Kareem McKenzie (knee), CB Aaron Ross (hamstring) and CB Corey Webster (knee).

16 Responses to “Wednesday Injury Report Released”

1. By wayne m on Dec 30, 2009 | Reply

I hate to say it, but stick a fork in em. I can’t stand to watch another vikings what if season. I knew adrian would lose one in a critical situation and he did, I thought it would be the superbowl though. Herrera needs to go. Antoine is hurting the team, bring back paymah. Mckinney and hutchinson are not playing well and I really don’t think they have played that well. I think the rook is okay, he’s not ej but he’s okay. The right side of that line needed to be fiixed a long time ago and childress has bet the farm on players who have shown little promise. These guys need to open it way up offensively and they need to find their pass rush again. I would probably just drop everyone into coverage and dare the qb’s to run. Pass on that. Anyway. I hope they find a way, but I won’t be watching. Good luck

2. By Big G on Dec 30, 2009 | Reply

Cool Wayne. True fan for sure…*eye roll*

3. By Viking-ology on Dec 30, 2009 | Reply

One week to get back on track. Then the real season begins. We’ll see how the chips fall. Lets cheer for Dallas-just this one time. The Vikes need to go full throttle on Sunday, from the start. GO VIKINGS!!

4. By Bruce on Dec 30, 2009 | Reply

Just stick to the play calling you did in the second half of the Bears game and the Vikes will go all the way. The defense will get rested and be fired up on the field. AP will get better runs if you open the run with the PASS!!!

5. By moorevikes on Dec 30, 2009 | Reply

PaVikes- just read your post about seasons past. thanks man. 4years older and have been a vikes fan since 1990 (parents moved there and liked having a home state team to cheer for) before that moved every 3-4 (dad was in marine corps) anyway to get to my point i thought i was able to block it all out (as viking fans we need short memories) and now here you come in and remind me. i’m so depressed right now. again thanks. it could be worse though like you said could’ve been fans since the 70′s. incase you can’t tell i’m really mad man. it was nice to look back at the earlier years i was a fan. go vikes FIRE CHILLY!

6. By moorevikes on Dec 30, 2009 | Reply

sorry Pa meant NOT mad

7. By paul on Dec 30, 2009 | Reply

Reasons for winning..

Viking home game.
    Favre’s nose should be thaw out by Sunday.
    Jared Allen should be sleeve less by Sunday. (what a wuss)
    Adrian will watch the first Rocky movie over and over..
    Mckinnie and Hutchinson, Guys you made the pro bowl start playing like it.

8. By Craig the Packer Fan on Dec 30, 2009 | Reply

The Vikings heads are way too big right now. There is no way that a team coached by Childress and having an offensive coordinator that was a Wisconsin quarterback will ever win a Super Bowl. As soon as they hired Bevell, I knew immediately I had no worries about a championship in the Gopher State. Just remember…y’all can still root for the Green and Gold to the east….Go Pack!

9. By Craig the Packer Fan on Dec 30, 2009 | Reply

Plus, you guys just lost to da bears….what was that????? Just glad I didn’t bet on Brett that game! Hang ‘em up Brett!

10. By VikingsFanatic on Dec 30, 2009 | Reply

Cheer UP….we found our offense in the second half. Well be ok. Now if Jared can go back to being Jared instead of the invisible man hes become the last 4 weeks well be alright. As we have seen all year there are no invincible teams in the NFC. Beat the Giants on Sunday and lets root for the Boys to take down Philly. I want Philly in minny this year. We have a qb now so we should be able to handle them. AP well it was bound to happen. You cant drop the ball on the fllor consistently and NOT have it cost you a ball game. As for the guy above who said Winfield is hurting us and to bring back Paymah…well lets just say i hope the meds kick in soon cuz they obvious are needed STAT. Dont lose hope people. Keep the faith and lets stick behind our boys and not be fair weather fans. GO VIKES!!

11. By Kim on Dec 30, 2009 | Reply

Hey! Don’t give up on this TEAM! It has been a great ride this year. I will always be a VIKINGS fan and appreciate the effort of our Team. Yes, they need to step it up & BELIEVE that they can WIN the Super Bowl! Coach Childress…watch “Remember the Titans” with your Team…every time I watch the Vikings…my saying is…”Leave NO DOUBT”! The team needs to Believe this…YOU HAVE everything you need to WIN! You just need to BELIEVE! WAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!

12. By Bruce on Dec 30, 2009 | Reply

I just re-watched Bears/Vikings game and took away the following conclusions. 1) Favre gets sacked when a tackle or guard doesn’t stay with their guy for more than a second or two. 2) Adrian Peterson gets his best runs on the outside and NOT up the middle 3)They should run 3&4 wide receiver sets more often 4) Definetly get Greg Lewis more involved in the passing game, he has good hands and good yards after the catch 5) Pass 75% of the time because that is this team’s strong suit with Favre at the helm and it also opens the run up nicely 6) A TRUE balanced offense will find it’s own balance and it is NOT 50/50, it is whatever gives you the most positive plays!

13. By Bruce on Dec 30, 2009 | Reply

THE SECRET TO WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES IS THAT THE BALANCE WILL FIND ITSELF WHEN YOU HAVE FOUND WHAT PLAYS WORK!

14. By Myrna on Dec 31, 2009 | Reply

Come on Viking fans! Do not give up on our guys. We will do this. Look at the 11 games that we won and the 2 that we should have! We are saving the best for the playoffs. Like was said above – what are you fair weather fans! As far as the Packers – I live in WI and believe those Packers aren’t anything to write home about! Talk about large heads and smurky b____s! They make me sick! When ever I get harrassed for wearing my Viking jerseys I just say I look good in purple! Have not seen anyone looking good in green and gold yet! HA!
    Heads up guys – VIKINGS WILL PREVAIL!!

15. By wayne m on Dec 31, 2009 | Reply

Yup A true fan would know what’s wrong with his team. been a fan since 1967, Been through this with tark and everyone else you can name. Don’t give me any true fan b.s. This team is only two years older than I am. Been through this too many times. If you don’t want to face reality, that’s fine, but the reality is this team’s offensive line is not very good they have a fumbler as thieir starting running back and defensively they are hurting. Yeah inspires a lot of confidence. They have had the second easiest schedule in the nfl this year and they have lost 3 of their last 4. They have had fourth quarter let donws on a consitent basis and now thier special teams are starting to play like they have the past two years. Eye roll right back atcha.

16. By jasmine on Dec 31, 2009 | Reply

I think the vikings have what it takes to make it to the superbowl and win .Bret has been tothe superbowl he knows what it take’sto get there . peterson is a really good player he needs play like he was in the beging of the season . I am a hardcore vikings fan live in chicago but love the viking lets win the superbowl