Tuesday Update

Posted by Ryan Cardinal on December 29, 2009 – 12:48 pm

Regular vikings.com Blogger Mike Wobschall’s computer took a dirt-nap last night / this morning, so thus the reason for no blog posts since last night.  The good news is that the computer is getting worked on and should be up and running soon.

All in all, a crappy night in Chicago.  Too many mistakes to overcome, even against a below-average team like the Bears.  Thankfully, the Vikings are still in a position to get the No. 2 overall seed in the NFC, so long as they beat the Giants at Mall of America Field on Sunday and the Cowboys knock off the Eagles in “Big D.”  Neither is a lock to happen, but the Vikings are money at home (7-0 and crushed a very good Bengals team just two weeks back) and the Cowboys already beat Philly this year on the road and are playing well heading into a huge game for both teams.

If the Vikings fail to secure a bye, they will host either the Cowboys or the Packers at the Dome next weekend, and then would have to travel to Philly or New Orleans should they advance for the Divisional Round.  Yuck.

Meanwhile, at Winter Park, Head Coach Brad Childress will address the media today at about 3:15 p.m. or so after a team meeting.  You can watch it live on vikings.com and we’ll — like always — have the on-demand video posted shortly after.

Also later today, at about 6:15 p.m., the NFL will announce the 2010 Pro Bowl rosters.  Several Vikings are expected to be named, so stay tuned to vikings.com for that info as well.

Lastly, it kind of gets forgotten given how the game ended, but how awesome was the Favre-to-Rice touchdown?  Click here to watch the video.

Posted in All | 14 Comments »

14 Responses to “Tuesday Update”

1. By OLD SCHOOL on Dec 29, 2009 | Reply

Let’s see….no O-line…no D-line(lately)….secondary…PLEASE! Best case for us is this….OUR SuperBowl will be playing the Greenbay Packers in the dome and putting them out of the playoffs if possible! We will lose the very next game, but, will put them out of the playoffs and hand them 3 loses this year!

2. By brian on Dec 29, 2009 | Reply

God help us we play a good passing team!! they will put 60 on us!!!

3. By Big Dawg on Dec 29, 2009 | Reply

Lets see if we can put Elli in the pro bowl after sunday!!!!

4. By orlando on Dec 29, 2009 | Reply

By Big O
    Sorry to see old school reducing his goals to a packer sweep. As a lifelong Packer fan, you now know what Decembers have been like in Wisconsin these pass few years. The old man actually played great the second half but don’t you just hate all the drama that surrounds old graybeard. Anyway,I hate Minnesota for giving us Al Franken. That hurts me a lot more then Favre.

5. By Iowa Season ticket holder on Dec 29, 2009 | Reply

If both the Vikings and Eagles lose on Sunday, they could face each other at the Dome, with the winner traveling to either NO, Arizona, or Dallas (if Green Bay wins).

6. By PO'd Vikes Fan on Dec 29, 2009 | Reply

how do they vikings ever expect to win a superbowl if they cant even win a game during primetime on sunday or monday night foorball….

7. By drock on Dec 29, 2009 | Reply

typical vikings show tons of promise get the fans excited than lay the golden egg.I don’t know if they will ever rid of the albatross around there neck

8. By Tony on Dec 29, 2009 | Reply

Childress makes me sick to my stomach. I hope that Favre goes over and shoves that play chart up his backside. What a HUGE mistake it was to extend his contract. Favre deserves better than this and once he is gone, it is going to get a whole lot worse. “Chilly” and his useless O-Line and T-Jack can enjoy being booed while going 3-13. An absolute disgrace…………….

9. By Stu on Dec 29, 2009 | Reply

Tony-Good call on where the play chart should go. By a showing of hands, who besides me believes the plays are often telegraphed( especially the,”let me wait for an opening up the middle jokes”)?Come on guys! If Favre hadn’t nearly pulled it off actually taking command, who knows how bad the conservatives(coaching staff) would have buried the effort in Chicago! Just a bit premature on that Childress contract extension…Ya think!?!

10. By Stu on Dec 29, 2009 | Reply

And as far as the big Childress / Farve controversy goes, it seems to me a guy with the initials,B.F. and one number less than 5 was more instrumental than anyone in getting Chilly his big fat contract renewal!Maybe Childress should consider bending one knee and kissing that area just behind and below B.F.’s waist.

11. By BeCre8ive on Dec 29, 2009 | Reply

For forty years, I have rooted for the Vikings. But enough is enough. I’m done, folks. Thanks, Vikings, for nothing.

12. By GJ on Dec 29, 2009 | Reply

Has the coaching staff watched films of Harvin? Give him the ball often. Don’t be predictable.

13. By hawkeyefan on Dec 29, 2009 | Reply

Who do we (loyal Viking Fans) point the finger at AGAIN…. For the last 30 plus years we really suck. How much more can we take. Owner, GM, Head Coach, Coaches, and Over paid players…. We as fans have done our part. Buy all the over price items to keep this francise going. And in return we get this again. NOTHING!!!!! I have been a season ticket holder, fly Flag in my yard yearound,dress as a Viking, 3 kids Vikings fan.. What another embrassement. I give up on you Minnesota Vikings. I cannot take it anymore. Go Iowa Hawkeyes

14. By Uncle Ken on Dec 30, 2009 | Reply

Good morning Vikings fans! Thanks for sending the Vikes down here to Chicago on Monday. Everyone laughed at me when I picked the Bears to win. After this weekend, anything was possible. I can’t figure the Vikes out either. Even though I’m a Bears fan, we wish the Vikes the best in the playoffs. Last, hope Brett got the number of that truck that ran him over Monday night.