Vikings List 4 On Injury Report

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 23, 2009 – 3:27 pm

After listing 12 players with injuries last week, the Vikings have just 4 players on this week’s initial injury report.

All 4 players were limited participants.

The players are G Steve Hutchinson (back), DE Brian Robison (quadriceps), DT Pat Williams (elbow) and CB Antoine Winfield (foot).

The Bears had a longer report and listed 9 players, including DE Adewale Ogunleye (leg). Ogunleye has already been ruled out.

S Al Afalava (knee), LB Lance Briggs (back), TE Desmond Clark (illness), S Kevin Payne and T Chris Williams (ankle) did not participate in practice on Wednesday. DT Tommie Harris (knee), WR Devin Hester (calf) and T Orlando Pace (groin) were all listed as limited participants.

20 Responses to “Vikings List 4 On Injury Report”

1. By paul on Dec 23, 2009 | Reply

WHAT

No QB Favre (hurt feelings)

2. By Brandon on Dec 23, 2009 | Reply

I agree but not bruises from falling and getting sacked

3. By PurplePeopleEater on Dec 23, 2009 | Reply

Nice to see that our guys are all heald up now. That is the shortest injury report we’ve had since about week 4. Granted it includes 3 starters and a valuable backup, I would be surprised if this list didn’t drop to 2 players by Friday, and to hear anything other than everybody is at full health come gameday.

4. By RENEE on Dec 24, 2009 | Reply

HEY, LEAVE BRETT ALONE, HE’S HUMAN & WHAT MEN AREN’T SUPPOSE TO HAVE FEELINGS?

5. By curtis sittko on Dec 24, 2009 | Reply

This team has been a real let down. Pederson can not run unless he has a wide open hole. He does know how to keep his head up, move his feet, keep his legs pumping and move to the open spot. Take him out for now. What you must realize it is so easy for the defense to know the plays. My wife and I sit and watch the plays and I call 95% of them before they happen. Why, because, first Farve does a horrible job at faking a hand off, Two, when Pederson is the only one in the backfield you know its’ going to him. The defense doesn’t have to focus on a pass, etc. all they have to focus on is pederson, it’s so easy any one can figue it out. Third the coach is trying to stick with a loosing scheme. He needs to keep the defense quessing what is going to happen. I have yet to see one play that will keep the defense wondering what is going to happen next. I’d say the coaching is part of the biggest part of the problem

6. By russ on Dec 25, 2009 | Reply

curtis your just a fair-weather fan….why dont you just apply for a head coaching job in the NFL…oh wait prolly cuz your an idiot..also learn that adrian’s name is spelt with a T and not a D

7. By Guy on Dec 25, 2009 | Reply

Curtis…I agree that Childress is becoming too predictable. It pains me to say that they are going in the wrong direction at the worse possible time. Btw, been a Vikings fan since Joe Capp days

8. By Kendrik on Dec 25, 2009 | Reply

Merry X Mas , but quit talking about the only QB we have had that can and will get us to the super bowl !!! Then what will you have to say about him !!!!!!!
    itz getting sickening ppl !!!

Kendrik

9. By purple08 on Dec 25, 2009 | Reply

I agree Kendrick! I am as tired of people trash talking T-Jack as you are! Go Vikes!

10. By the horned norseman on Dec 26, 2009 | Reply

joe Kapp,….guy,joe Kapp, with a “k”

11. By moorevikes on Dec 26, 2009 | Reply

that’s a good one 08

12. By VikeOfsthun on Dec 26, 2009 | Reply

I would not want a qb that has no emotions as it is the drive and encouragement that gets the players motivated. Favre brought the emotion in strong and I beleive he will continue this to the dare to speak it. Vikes have been to the show 4 times and have fallen short well times are not of that era anymore and I have the confidence that with that big North Dakotian ready to win it all Jim any the crew can do the be show with lots of heart. Go Vikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. By sandiamond on Dec 26, 2009 | Reply

I agree Curtis. Farve’s handoff’s look like pop-warner football. He stretches him arm out six feet and hardly ever fakes. It worked okay in Green Bay all those years with Am Green. Not working this day and age tho……..

14. By Tony O on Dec 26, 2009 | Reply

I have two words for the Vikings: SCREEN PLAY. The Vikes get victimized on defense by this play week after week. Why not run it more often ? WIth the O lone struggling, this would be a perfect play especially in the playoffs against a team like the Eagles that are aggressive up front. Didn’t we see AP run for 50+ yards on a screen play late in the game against Carolina ? Sure, some screens can result in negative yardage but so do about 30% of AP’s runs (it seems like it is always second and 11).

15. By Jeff Helmel on Dec 26, 2009 | Reply

I BLEED Purple and have since 68, You all have to remember that we have two games left so let’s take them one at a time to secure a better playoff position. Also we have to remember that our coaching staff is a good one. Someone is always taking one of our coordinators as a head coach.
    Now first beat the Bears Than beat the Giants and all these problems will disappear.
    I see a lot of Joe Kapp in Brett Favre. In the 69 play-off game when Joe Kapp ran the ball in for the go ahead score he could have run for Govenor and won.
    That’s what we need back is the fire from our fans and make the Dome a House of Doom for anyone who comes in!!!
    Go Vikes!!!!

16. By stan on Dec 26, 2009 | Reply

what a crock of shatzky, Number 4 will fail in the cold weather, believe me, he should be on injured reserve after last week. My God the guy is 40 and was on his back under 300 lbs of youth and steel…ouch! Go back to Mississippi you freakin grandpa, we will not survive the letdown you are about to dish out. Mark my words, our season ends after our first playoff game.

17. By moorevikes on Dec 26, 2009 | Reply

okay does anybody have any thoughts as to what we are going to do if favre doesn’t bring us the trophy? we won’t get a high enough draft pick to get a QB. plus everything i’ve heard about the class of 2010 hasn’t been encouraging (don’t really keep up with college ball though) my feeling is if “lord” (quote from 08) favre doesn’t pull it off this year he won’t be back next year. can’t say that i would want him back next year (him being 41 and all) and the tension between him and chilly. don’t get me wrong i do appreciate the 11-3 record, div. title, and after mon. a sweep of the div. but i want some stability at the QB position. my only hope at this point is, t-jack is really learning and becoming confident (assuming chilly doesn’t hold him back either). any words of encouragement out there? by the way 08 it wasn’t a dig at you it just cracks me up every time i read it in one of your posts

18. By RENEE on Dec 27, 2009 | Reply

I CONCUR WITH VIKEOFSTHUN & KENDRIK. KEEP PLUGGING VIKES!!!

19. By Tro on Dec 27, 2009 | Reply

Hey Stan stick it in your ear, your not a Vikings Fan. Get out of this blog and go back to Green Bay. You guys are souch idiots and I cant wait to play them again if they get pass the first round

20. By Tro on Dec 27, 2009 | Reply

Can someone tell me why the Vikes are not using Shincoe nearly as much anymore?