Edwards, Rice Added To Injury Report

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 17, 2009 – 3:49 pm

The Vikings long injury report from Wednesday grew even longer on Thursday because both DE Ray Edwards and WR Sidney Rice were added to the list. The Vikings now have 12 players listed on this week’s injury report.

Edwards was limited in practice on Thursday because of a back ailment and Rice did not participate because of an illness. Also, Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress said WR Percy Harvin remains at home resting.

To view the Vikings Thursday injury report, click here.

For the Panthers, both WR Muhsin Muhammed (knee) and RB Jonathan Stewart (toe) were able to go in full on Thursday after being held out on Wednesday. QB Jake Delhomme (finger) and CB Richard Marshall (ankle) both missed practice for the 2nd consecutive day and DE Tyler Brayton (concussion) and LB Na’il Diggs (ribs) were full participants for the 2nd straight day.

RB Tyrell Sutton (thigh) was held out of Thursday’s practice.

Tags: ,

19 Responses to “Edwards, Rice Added To Injury Report”

1. By SkolVikings on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

Man I’m getting worried about Harvin — believe me, I’ve had nasty migranes before and there really isn’t much you can do when you have one. But 2 weeks? That signals something more serious to me. Usually a few days, a bucket of water, and a dose of codine can get it under control. Has been seeing a doctor? If its that perpetual, it could be someting worse than a migrane…….

2. By RamessesII on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

I sure hate to say it, but I’m thinking it’s about time we cut our losses and got rid of Harvin. What good is a guy who can’t be counted on, what is getting to be a large part of the time?

3. By RamessesII on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

Oh! And if Berrian were really any good, he’d probably still be with the Bears. Make room on the roster for a replacement for him, as well.

4. By jared on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

harvin will be fine!

5. By moorevikes on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

hey ram lets just get rid of all our play makers

6. By Moder on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

Are you kidding me? Get rid of a guy who has been playing like the offensive rookie of the year? Cut our losses? What losses? Kick returns for touchdowns, and the ability to take big hits over the middle while keeping the ball. These are the things that Percy brings. We probably should eliminate that aspect of our game. You’re right. Wait. No you’re not.

7. By fellowpeterson on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

wow really? cut our losses cuz a “rookie of the year” misses a game..maybe two..you need to get ur head on straight…

8. By PurplePeopleEater on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

Just ignore ramessessslslslssslslslselelsslsl. It seems all too clear now that it is just against what works for us…for some reason.

9. By ASlusher on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

I don’t know if this will help at all, but I also suffer from migraines as well. They always tell you to keep a journal of what you eat or physical activity. For me it’s more about smells and especially pressure changes. When a low pressure system moves in and it rains or snows, I always get them. So I was thinking of Percy and wondering if weather changes from city to city or cabin pressure from the plane could be to blame. Just a thought! There really isn’t a lot you can do, other than pain meds, nausea meds, and an ice pack at the base of your neck. I really feel bad, it is so incapacitating. Hope this helps and I hope he feels better very soon!

10. By Diesthemeatbag on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

Ramessesll I think we should cut our losses with Allen to he hasnt had a sack for awhile, Winfield too since he missed a few games, cut AP to he has been running for 200 hundred every game, and wait better cut Farve too since he has threw 6 int so far. Haha you need to get real Percy is the man.

11. By Gordy from Oz on Dec 18, 2009 | Reply

Hey guys, give Percy Harvin a break. He is a great WR and obviously has more than a migraine but will be well rested for the playoffs. Let’s all get behind the Vikings and stay positive, we have the best QB in the league – this is the year of the Vikes!!!

12. By Mo on Dec 18, 2009 | Reply

I went to my first Vikings game this past weekend and it was AWESOME!! I live in CT and have been a Vikes fan since I was young. Flew in for the weekend, and was blasted with cold temps. You tailgaters are hardcore!!

It was a disappointment not to see Harvin play. Migraines are tough.

TRY ACUPUNCTURE!! It has worked for a few people I know!! Couldn’t hurt at this point. Going on two weeks, get better Percy!!!

13. By Newk on Dec 18, 2009 | Reply

Are yall mental? Get rid of all our playmakers? you have to remember defenses play their coverages and stack the box so we cant run. We have an amazing team and you want to release players! are you kidding me? Who you going to put in their place? Cmon we have a spectacular team and you want to get rid of pro bowl players. Get your minds straight and be real fans. Vikings 15-1!

14. By 4everpurple on Dec 18, 2009 | Reply

Why don’t the doc’s run him over to Rochester. I mean, its only a world class hospital.

15. By Brownicus on Dec 18, 2009 | Reply

I hope Harvin will be able to play this week, but even if he can’t the Vikes should be able to win. Harvin is a pretty tough guy, that is the first game he has missed from migraines. I didn’t follow him very much when he was at Florida, but even then I only heard he was a pretty tough guy.

And I think we should cut our losses and get rid of RamessesII.

16. By Seth on Dec 18, 2009 | Reply

Why is there a Packers fan on our website? The other Pack fans beat you up Ramsessell? Must be fun bein that dumb.

17. By moorevikes on Dec 18, 2009 | Reply

hey newk and gordy i know it’s hard to tell but most of the people (ramasess excluded) are being sarcastic. actually it’s not that hard

18. By moorevikes on Dec 18, 2009 | Reply

oh and newk we’re already 11-2 so the best we can finish with is 14-2

19. By fellowpeterson on Dec 19, 2009 | Reply

Yea newk..looks like youre the one that’s lacking the real fan trait…