Harvin Held Out; 9 Others Limited

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 16, 2009 – 3:47 pm

The Vikings and Panthers have released their initial injury reports for the week. WR Percy Harvin did not participate in practice and 9 other players were limited.

You can view the Vikings injury report by clicking here.

For the Panthers, 6 players are listed on the injury report and 4 of them were held out of Wednesday’s practice. Those held out were QB Jake Delhomme (finger), CB Richard Marshall (ankle), WR Muhsin Muhammed (knee) and RB Jonathan Stewart (toe). Two players, DE Tyler Brayton (concussion) and LB Na’il Diggs (ribs), are on the report but were full participants in practice.

Tags:

18 Responses to “Harvin Held Out; 9 Others Limited”

1. By Viking Fan from Afar (West) on Dec 16, 2009 | Reply

Here’s somebody’s opinion. It sounds interesting to me:

# jasncondit says: December 16, 2009 5:16 PM

“I can tell you what’s causing it. If they run tests and he isn’t found to have a tumor, or MS, or some other brain injury then it is his C1 vertabrae that is getting stuck. An X-Ray of his spine would be helpful too – I bet he has a pretty good curve in it.

“I used to have migranes all the time too but was FORCED to go to a Chiropractor after landing in the water wrong from a bad dive during open public swimming that made my neck stuck to the left. The Chiro not only fixed that but my migranes as well. Turns out it is C-1 and lack of B-12 (if he’s seeing swirlies when he gets up really quick). I’m surprised he hasn’t been seen by one yet since most NFL players have their own.”

2. By Donna Lidstad on Dec 16, 2009 | Reply

If migraine medicines are not working for Percy Harvin, try a couple of Advil with a can of caffeinated soda. I cannot take migraine medicines because of a sensitivity to some of the ingredients and this works for me.

3. By Harvin fan in Mankato on Dec 16, 2009 | Reply

My sister used to get migraines and swears an herb called Feverfew cured them.
    They have it in supplement form in vitamin stores. You can read an article on it here http://www.headaches.org/education/Headache_Topic_Sheets/Feverfew .

4. By vinny on Dec 16, 2009 | Reply

hey percy you might want to check out two doctors dr. ted broer & dr. eric braverman. you can find them on the internet!

5. By Viking Fan from Afar (West) on Dec 16, 2009 | Reply

Get well soon, Percy Harvin. The main thing is your health.

6. By steve on Dec 16, 2009 | Reply

another article on feverfew herb for migraines – http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/herbal_medicine/42362/2

7. By Bryan on Dec 16, 2009 | Reply

Word has it that inhaling pure oxygen for a few minutes seems to help relieve the pain. There was a report on TV just last week where an individual who was suffering from migraines tried oxygen therapy. This person reported marvelous results. It might be worth a try.

Check this out.

8. By Lamar Lindsay on Dec 16, 2009 | Reply

As a pharmacist – I am usually required to offer solutions of typical western medicine. However, when typical western medicine would not work to help my wife’s migraine, we tried accupuncture. Non-invasive, no side effects and it WORKED. She was getting migraines weekly, after three weekly visits she the headaches were completely gone. She has not had one for 10 months now. At first, I was skeptical but am now a believer. Nothing in medicine is for sure, but it wouldn’t hurt to try.

9. By Viking Fan from Afar (West 2) on Dec 16, 2009 | Reply

There is another possibility from another site, about the diagnosis

10. By vikingsfan1955 on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

we have a few days for harvin to be ready and he will be.I have to say I agree with lamar,I have heard thr procedure has worked on many things and a real professional with the needles can work wonders.What do u have to lose percy and u can affort the treatment.I’m a big fan and wish u well.

11. By Brian on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

As an indoor air quality industrial hygienist, one thing they should look at is the humidity level in his home. I noticed the migraines have gotten worse as its gotten colder and subsequently drier. Adding significant humidification to his habitat may be beneficial and should be considered or at least tried at this point.

12. By Viking Fan from Afar (West 2) on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

Humidity level has been linked to migraines. That’s a good idea, Brian.

13. By ibleedpurple on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

percy, I knew you were going to be a force to be reconed with. I bought your jersey as soon as they gave you the number. what I am saying is…we believe in you. Get well, we are all behind you!!!

14. By CaptainRod on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

I think Cheech needs to light up…puff puff pass

15. By vikingsfan1955 on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

captainrod I’d rather puff the rod that t he has then the rod u like,captainrod says it all.I hate ppl that make fum of others medical problems his is real ur is sick.

16. By GJ on Dec 18, 2009 | Reply

Get well Percy. The “Beach” is behind you. Get the best care you can find so you can get back to doing what you do. Go Eagles, Go Gators, Go Vikings! 757 Rocks!

17. By Keven on Dec 18, 2009 | Reply

Are the migraines the classic type with the aura? I have been able to control the severity of the headaches once the aura appears with eye exercises. It might help.

18. By Jeff on Dec 18, 2009 | Reply

I would suggest for migraine sufferers to try changing their diet. I used to get bad migraines until I changed my diet. I eat a lot less sugar and processed flour(white bread etc.) If Percy Harvin is has a lot of sugar and bread in his diet, he should try cutting it for a few weeks and see how he feels. Another thing to eat would be natural yogurt(no sugar). I was a skeptic until my headaches went away.