Harvin, Winfield Questionable For Sunday

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 11, 2009 – 1:45 pm

The Vikings and Bengals have released their Friday injury reports, which on top of practice participation also contain a designation of each player’s chances of playing on Sunday.

You can view the entire Vikings injury report by clicking here.

CB Antoine Winfield, who has missed the team’s last 6 games with a foot injury, was limited all week and is listed as questionable for Sunday. T Bryant McKinnie (ankle), TE Visanthe Shiancoe (ribs) and DT Pat Williams (foot) were limited on Wednesday and Thursday but were full participants on Friday and all listed as probable.

WR Percy Harvin (illness) was absent again from practice and is listed as questionable for the game.

For the Bengals, WR Chad Ochocinco (knee) was added the injury report as a limited participant but was also listed as probable for the game. Safeties Chris Crocker (ankle) and Kyries Hebert (knee) are questionable and the following players are probable: C Jonathan Luigs (back) and CB Morgan Trent (knee) are probable.

Tags: , , ,

30 Responses to “Harvin, Winfield Questionable For Sunday”

1. By Patrick on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

What is Brett’s injury?

2. By Ann on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

I’ve never heard of a “coahches decision” on the injury report. What’s this all about?

3. By Ryan on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

Hope your feeling better Mr. Harvin!

4. By Derek on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

What’s the deal with Winfield? He was suppose to come back when they played the Seahawks, and its been 3 weeks since then and he is still listed as questionable. Come on Winfield, we need you out there! Go Vikings!

5. By Derek on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

And Peterson needs a big day this week against the Bengals. About 150 yards and 2 TD’s would be nice to see. The Viking defense has to play better than last week. Pickoff Palmer about 2 or 3 time , and force a few fumbles and get the win! Go Vikings!

6. By rap99 on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

we were obviously not told the truth about winfields injury, DEREK it would be nice to see a big game from adrian, seems like it has been a long time. the D must step up this week after last games poor outing. GO VIKES!

7. By PAVikesFan on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

Yeah, Winfield’s foot is more serioua than we were let on…AP, I’m sorry to say this: THIS YEAR, he is the most over-rated runner, not popular, I know. U would think with the addition of #4 and the way he has played, AP would be running wild this year, yet, he has just 2 100 yard rushing games, 1 since week 1…He fumbles way too much to be trusted on a consistent basis, he bounces every run outside, always looking for the home run. Dont get me wrong, he’s the real deal and he is who we are on offense, BUT THIS YEAR I’m saying he’s been disappointing…I know he has good stats, but stats dont tell the whole story sometimes…I’m not bashing him, just stating what I feel, he’s my guy, but, everyone talks about him like he’s unstoppable…he has many flaws in his game

8. By buck on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

I agree with Derek, what is up with Winfield? If he is not going to play this year anymore put him on IR and give somebody else a roster spot that could actually help the team out. I am very disappointed we didn’t sign Derrick Brooks or Zach Thomas to replace EJ. This team is so close and we need experience in the middle at LB. AP not having a good year…needs to be more patient. Hope our purple has a bounceback game this week vs. Bengals! Go Vikes!

9. By purple08 on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

Hey PA, get off the fence! You can’t say AP is the most over-rated runner and cannot be trusted on a consistant basis… and then turn around and say he is the real deal and he is who we are on offense! I do understand what you are trying to get accross though. There is nothing wrong with saying you are dissapointed in him, but you don’t need to sugar coat it for us. Tell us how you really feel!

There you are Rap! Thought something happened to you after Lord Favre had a bad game. Guess we won’t be hearing anymore MVP talk eh?… unless you want to mention Chris Johnson or Manning that is. Matter of fact it was pretty quiet this week on the Vikings blog. Everyone from Wisconsin must be back on the Aaron Rodgers bandwagon now that the Packers are winning again. LOL

10. By Viking fan from start on Dec 12, 2009 | Reply

Our going far in the playoffs depends on brett.ap year has made me realize it now farves team and i think he is up to the task.

11. By Guest on Dec 12, 2009 | Reply

I have so much faith in this team. This is our year to go to the Superbowl. So we have one bad game? Every team has one. I wouldn’t consider vs. the Steelers a bad game, we owned them in stats, and if it weren’t for a bad call, we may have won. So this week is the real deal. We have to see if the Vikings can bounce back from that devasting loss. I truly believe in them. THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!!!

12. By CA Norwegian on Dec 12, 2009 | Reply

Winfield was reported to have had a ‘setback’ when it was near time for him to comeback. I would prefir he just be ready to come back for the playoffs. We will get there as second seed if we win most of the remaining games, what I consider a gimme. With all the extra TE’s and linemen Cinci likes to put into their formations, with EJ out, Vikes should counter with extra D-line, especialy with EJ out- put in Kennedy to keep Jarrod on edge and out of double-teams. Strategy should be to get Jarrod Free, and to hold up the TE beef-keep it out of the pattern.
    I am proud of Adrian and his team attitude. He reportedly worked on pass-blocking and receiving heavily in the offseason. Much of what goes right with the Vikes are because of unsung hereos like backfield blitz protection. Also teams like chic forced us to beat tham in a way other than handing to Adrian, and he presence on the field has made opportunities available for others in the pattern. Sure he should learn to go down sooner, but would you trade a fumbe for that HOF highlisght he smacked against Cleveland? The man is a key to why the rest of the team shines. Thanks Adrian, I;m not gay but I love you anyway.

13. By kyle on Dec 12, 2009 | Reply

If they dont get AP going we are going to have to putt Chester Taylor in there he is at least holding the ball and getting 3 to 4 Yards a carry …AP is going to have to step it up or i think they are going to give Chester that starting job…

14. By rap99 on Dec 12, 2009 | Reply

08, your going to pin that pitiful viking performance all on favre? i never said he should be the MVP, i said the way he has played for this team, this year he must be considered. i’m also dissapointed in adrians performance this season.

15. By moorevikes on Dec 12, 2009 | Reply

adrian was given the ball 13 times (run plays that is) against zona. granted he didn’t do much with those carries but, to me, it’s not enough. iv’e always thought that if are run game wasn’t up to par that the pass game would pull us out and if both failed the def would keep us in it. well all three had a bad game. not much you can do after that. all this mvp talk i personally don’t care if any viking wins it unless it’s s.b. mvp.

16. By moorevikes on Dec 12, 2009 | Reply

good observation 08 i for one am glad all the people obsessed with favre are gone this week. i like talking about the team not one guy on the team. it also annoys me when the web site devotes so much ink to him.

17. By moorevikes on Dec 12, 2009 | Reply

oh yeh, big home game vikes lets get back on track, everyone needs to play mean. for those who have played the game will know what i am saying about “mean”. not dirty… just mean every play 100% of the time. go vike s.b. bound

18. By dmac32 on Dec 12, 2009 | Reply

I’m hoping Winfield is back, either this week or next week. I would like to see him get some quality reps before the playoffs. I think Brinkley will be solid…Had he not torn up his knee in college, he would have been drafted much higher. I like the idea of playing five man fronts against Cincy. I see alot of posts about Derrick Brooks. He’s an OLB, not MLB, people. What would we do with Leber and Greenway? Last week was one of those games we probably needed to lose to regain our focus. I also think Chilly didn’t want to show too much, because we could possibly be playing that team again in another month.

19. By VikingsFanatic on Dec 12, 2009 | Reply

The prob with the ground game isnt AP. The fumbles have to be adressed yes, but when ur throwing 40 times a game ur offensive line gets too conditioned to drop back to pass protect and forgets about blowing the defense off the ball.
    Id love to see us reestablish our identity. Yes favre has been all we could have hoped for. But we have to use the ground game to wear people out and keep the higher powered offenses off the field. Especially if were going to handle the Saints in the post season. Im worried about this game and ill be much more worried if favre lays another egg. GO VIKES>

20. By PAVikesFan on Dec 12, 2009 | Reply

Good talkin’, good ponits, pretty spirited…’purple 08′: Relax, I made a logical point. He is the real deal, but, fumbles diminish his greatness, trust me, it makes u second guess giving him the ball at times, ask any player who has ever strapped on pads and a chinstrap,or a coach as well…He is their best player, all I’m saying is people talk about him like he’s this unstoppable force of nature, all I hear is he’s a beast and u cant tackle him, I’m making a point that no matter how much of a beast he may be or no matter how many tackles he may break, the point is he lays the ball down on the turf too often and in a close game that may very well cost us…Sometimes, u gotta just pound the defense up the middle and in between the guards and tackles, just pound the tar out of them…I must also say that we are too pa-ss happy at times, but, like I was saying earlier, maybe it’s b/c AP loses the ball too often, could be the case…Also, a loss is a loss, some ppl have been saying that it’s ok, it’s just one loss, TRUE, but, the way we lost was more concerning, agreed?…we cant play like that, that was a complete anhilation, let’s see how we do this week, if we play like that again, then there’s every right for panic…BTW, I’m not gay either, but I also love AP as well, I’m just being critical of him, sue me if u dont care for that

21. By moorevikes on Dec 12, 2009 | Reply

just read on nfl.com winfield will play sunday. not sure if he’ll start but he is going to play. i get u pa it’s frustrating he is the man but as of late (weather it being coaching, blocking, or mental) he hasn’t punished def. he is definetly due. i’ll still take him over any other rb in the league

22. By CaptainRod on Dec 12, 2009 | Reply

You would take AP over Chris Johnson right now? Not a chance

23. By moorevikes on Dec 12, 2009 | Reply

captain rod c.j. is awesome i know it’s just a matter of liking the running style of a.p. i’d rather watch a rb put his pads down and run threw someone instead of going out of bounds (not saying c.j. does) i don’t know i’m not watching titan game every week i’m watching the Vikes. i also like it when a.p. just down right embarreses someone. i’m also not one to give up on someone after an average season (if u call it average) to be honest c.j. looks a little frail as well i don’t give him to many years so yes i will take a.p. any day ALL DAY

24. By fmfan on Dec 12, 2009 | Reply

we need to run more (30+ times) and pass less (less than 25 attemps). Our OL can beat up any DL they just need the play calling.

25. By purplehorn on Dec 12, 2009 | Reply

AP has been playing hurt for at least the last four games. If you folks don’t see it to know it, you don’t know football. He got hurt in the Ravens game and aggravated it in the Seattle game. When AP is 100%, he will again unleash his fury on opposing defenses. He is always dangerous, even when he isn’t 100%.

26. By purple08 on Dec 12, 2009 | Reply

Nice one Horn. I am relaxed PA… just got my game face on man! You are all good! Just makin’ sure you are still alive rap. No I do not blame Lord Favre solely for the ‘Zona game, it was a team loss. Moorevikes made a comment about playing mean and not dirty. I wish they would play a little more mean and dirty. Like they did back in the old days. Man, have you seen some of the old footage of guys like Jack Tatum, Dic k Butkus, and Conrad Dobler? Those guys were nuts! I understand you can’t have that in this day and age but man, if you get a chance to see some films of these guys… it is awesome! Talk about mean and dirty. These guys wrote the book. Reminded me of the movie “the longest yard”. My favorite football movie of all time! What do you guys think is the best football movie of all time? Please don’t say “Rudy”

27. By rap99 on Dec 13, 2009 | Reply

ROD, i would take adrian, no doubt, soooo dangerous! 08 you’ve got to be kidding!?! RUDY hands down!!!!! you must know i love that movie and your post was a dig!!! who told you??

28. By moorevikes on Dec 13, 2009 | Reply

favorite football movie that’s a tough one 08. not rudy though. i hear you on the old days. i used to watch Crunch Course every friday . had all the old timers in it. larwence taylor, butkus, larry czonca, walter payton, ray nitsche just a great compilation of the meanest hits i’ve ever seen and if they ever do a modern day one a.p. is certain to have some high lights on it.

29. By PAVikesFan on Dec 13, 2009 | Reply

Good football movies, Rudy is awesome, though I cant stand ND, Remember the Titans is good…Going back to the old days, Jack Tatum was ruthless, and Dobler was pretty much a cheap shot artist, dirty player, BUT, players hat-ed to play against him, Butkis, Nitschke, etc…are there any players now a days that play that style?…prob. not b/c of the rules these days

30. By Cliff Babb on Dec 14, 2009 | Reply

I know someone who I feel could really help Percy get over his migranes. It’s worth a shot. Nothing else seems to have helped.