A few interesting statistics to consider on a Friday morning…
– The Vikings, who currently rank 3rd against the run in 2009, have allowed just two 100-yard rushers in the last 60 regular season games. The current streak of not allowing a 100-yard rusher is now at 35 games, the longest active streak in the NFL.
– TE Visanthe Shiancoe eclipsed the team record for the most receiving TDs in a single season by a Vikings TE when he caught his 9th of the season last week at Arizona. Shiancoe now has 16 receiving TDs in the last 2 seasons, the 3rd-most of any player in the NFL.
– The Vikings have won 19 of their last 24 regular season games and 7 of their last regular season home games.
– QB Brett Favre crossed the 3,000-yard passing mark last week, giving him his 18th consecutive season and his 18th overall season with at least 3,000 yards passing, both NFL records.
– Favre’s streak of passing attempts without an INT ended at 159 last week, which ranks as the 3rd-best in Vikings history. He has just 5 INTs on the season, the least among QBs with 250 passing attempts.
Tags: Visanthe Shiancoe
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 1 Comment »