Minnesota National Guard Troop Visit – Blog Entry No. 5/6

Posted by Ryan Cardinal on December 10, 2009 – 10:52 pm

Vikings Entertainment Network’s Bryan Harper and KFAN’s Mike Morris, the former Vikings longsnapper and current host of “The Power Trip Morning Show,” will be traveling to Iraq to visit Minnesota National Guard Troops over the next week or so.  Both men will be updating fans via the vikings.com Blog on their trip about the experience.

Below is the duo’s fifth and sixth entries, sent via BlackBerry from Kuwait.

Preparing for the trip in. Watching the Steelers losing to the Browns 13-3 in the 4th quarter while eating breakfast. Rained hard last night but quality tents kept us dry. Brushed teeth and washed face this morning – feel so much better. I’m sure it will be short lived.

Morris: where’s my gun?

Harper/Morris: on our way into Iraq. In full kevlar strapped into what has to be the safest vehicle out there. Went thru IED training. Our troops are very thorough and do their jobs well. Over the next few days, we just hope we can give you a glimpse of what they do for us. Tons of photos coming. Its early AM here. Sleep well tonight Minnesota. Tune into Power Trip morning show on KFAN tomorrow 6-9 am as Mike Morris will be Live from Camp Basra with a listening audience of our Minnesota National Guard troops.

Tags:
Posted in All | 20 Comments »

20 Responses to “Minnesota National Guard Troop Visit – Blog Entry No. 5/6”

1. By Canadian Viking on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

can we please get back to football, these blogs do not belong here. Bring the troops home.

2. By VforVictory on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

Agreed. We need to focus on getting our dollar back to what it used to be worth, not send our troops to fight endless wars.

3. By thatguy on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

Umm okay you two…

Since the Vikings can’t really do anything about it…why not support the troops as best they can. Jeez, relax and stop watching CNN.

4. By hank on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

I WONDER IF ANYONE REMEMBERS 911 ????

5. By Canadian Viking on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

Hey hank the Iraq’s had nothing to do with 911. You a pro Bush conservative or what?

6. By VforVictory on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

@thatguy CNN? I don’t watch TV. Anyway, I DO support our troops. My best friend just called me yesterday on an Iraqi policeman’s cell phone. To further note, anyone who is relaxed about this issue, is out of their mind.

7. By VforVictory on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

Anyone hear how the Pres. got a peace prize for doing exactly what Bush was ridiculed for? Lol WOW! I think common sense was left in the dirty laundry.

8. By rap99 on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

HEY THESE ARE SOLDIERS FROM MINNESOTA, MANY ARE VIKING FANS, THEY ARE RISKING THEIR LIVES FOR THE U.S.A., YOUR FREEDOM AND MINE! HANK…..WAY TO GO, YOUR RIGHT TOO MANY PEOPLE ALREADY FORGOT. GOD BLESS THE TROOPS, AND GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. go vikes!

9. By rap99 on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

CANADIAN VIKING, no offense but you might feel different if your country was attacked. i hope you never have to go through it.

10. By thatguy on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

No, VforVictory…I say relax b/c we’re on an NFL Football team website..you need to relax…if that’s too hard for you, go to a political forum.

on a lighter note…
    GO VIKES BEAT THOSE BENGALS!

11. By hank on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

POLITICS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT IT IS FOR LOVE OF COUNTRY

12. By moorevikes on Dec 12, 2009 | Reply

let the troops have fun blowing up the afgan. mountain sides for a little bit longer they can’t watch football or get laid on a regular basis so let um blow stuff up. Semper Fi do or die kill, kill, kill what makes the grass grow blood, blood, blood

13. By rap99 on Dec 13, 2009 | Reply

moorevikes!!!!!moorevikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!moorevikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!blood,blood blood!!! you’re OK!!!!

14. By VforVictory on Dec 13, 2009 | Reply

rap99 and Hank. Both of you can stay quiet. If either of you had a clue to what Love of Country is and means, I highly doubt you would be so anxious to send troops to countries that had nothing to do with so called terrorist attacks on us. Remember Pakistan? Or do you need to google it? pffft.

15. By hank on Dec 14, 2009 | Reply

VFORVICTORY YOU KEEP YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND WHERE IT BELONGS AND DON’T TELL ME ABOUT LOVE OF MY COUNTRY WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ME! NOTHING!IN YOUR WORLD YOU WOULD DO NOTHING ABOUT AMERICANS BEING ATTACKED AS LONG AS IT WASN’T YOU AND YOURS AND WHEN YOU REPLY JUST REMEMBER I DIDN’T START THIS CONVERSATION JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE REMEMBERED 911 AND THOSE VICTIMS OF TERRORISM OF WHICH THERE ARE MANY IN AFGAHNISTAN,PAKISTAN AND IRAQ AS WELL IN THE U.S.A.OBVIOUSLY LOOK WHAT HAPPENED AT FORT HOOD SO I ASK YOU HOW LONG IN YOUR WORLD WOULD YOU ALLOW THE TERRORISTS TO CONTINUE TO KILL YOUR FELLOW COUNTRY MEN?

16. By VforVictory on Dec 14, 2009 | Reply

Hank, You’re talking at me with the same FOX CNN NBC ABC media vomit and you expect me to take you seriously? I assure you, it is not my head that’s in the sand, IT’S YOURS!!! You don’t even know what you’re talking about, because you trade Liberties for temporary safety, such acts deserve no respect in accordance with Patriotism, or what this country was built upon. Not to mention you obviously haven’t even heard that the 9/11 Commission Report IS A FRAUD! I’m done talking to you, because you are more work than you’re worth, shame.

17. By james bakonyi on Dec 15, 2009 | Reply

VFOR VICTORY I’M GLAD YOUR NOT TALKING ANYMORE YOUR SO LIBERAL YOU BELONG IN THE SOVIET BLOC OH!THEY PROBABLY WOULD HAVE SENT YOU TO THE GULAG TO FREEZE YOUR YOU KNOW WHAT OFF AND ANYTIME SOMEONE DOESN’T AGREE WITH YOUR POINT OF VIEW YOU CAN’T FIND YOUR WAY TO HAVE A DECENT CONVERSATION AND THE REASON I FEEL THE WAY I DO I LOST PEOPLE I KNEW IN THAT TERRORIST ATTACK…..I’M FROM THE NY METRO AREA…SO YOUR REASONS MAY BE STRONG FOR HOW YOU FEEL..BUT MINE ARE JUST AS STRONG!!!!!

18. By james bakonyi on Dec 15, 2009 | Reply

ALSO I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT GIVING UP ANY RIGHTS.I EVEN BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SPEAK YOUR MIND EVEN THOUGH I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOUR POINT OF VIEW.

19. By VforVictory on Dec 16, 2009 | Reply

The way you think, is what gives up rights James. When you call a patriot like myself a Liberal, that tells me you’re a communist. You advocate unjust wars. The FBI doesn’t even say Osama was behind the 911 attacks, yet New York arrested over 100 Mossad agents in New York City the day of 911. Yet all the records were shoved in a dark dank file box in the bottom of the ocean never to be heard or read from. Then all of them were sent home the very next day to Israel, no questions asked. Also all the video footage around the Pentagon was confiscated also to be thrown in the ocean never to be seen, with the exception of the 5 second glitchy cut up clip they gave to try to prove it was a plane and not a missile, even though you can clearly see a missile… By all means speak your socialistic and communist mind and say how I’m wrong, and how I should be sent to a gulag, but if and when that comes, are you going to try to be the one to send me there? I doubt it.

20. By HANK on Dec 17, 2009 | Reply

VFORVICTORY YOU ARE TWISTED!