Favre Wins NFC Offensive Player Of The Month Award

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 2, 2009 – 1:42 pm

It hasn’t been formally announced yet, but Vikings QB Brett Favre has been selected as the NFC Offensive Player of the Month for November.

In games at Green Bay and at home against Detroit, Seattle and Chicago, Favre completed 91 of 130 (70.0%) passes for 1,193 yards, 12 TDs and 0 INTs with a passer rating of 129.4. Favre led the Vikings to a 4-0 record in those games and has the Vikings at 10-1 overall heading into the important month of December.

Favre has been named NFC Offensive Player of the Week twice in 2009 (Weeks 4,8) and is currently 3rd in Pro Bowl voting behind QBs Peyton Manning and Drew Brees.

Click the links below to view highlight videos of Favre from the Vikings four November games.

Win at Green Bay

Win vs. Detroit

Win vs. Seattle

Win vs. Chicago

51 Responses to “Favre Wins NFC Offensive Player Of The Month Award”

1. By Eric on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

Dear Brett Farve: Thank you for coming out of retirement, having surgery and elevating our receivers! We love you, man! See you in Miami.

Dear Drew Brees: You are amazing but your time is next year.

2. By kenny on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

Congratulations!! Greatest ever!!

3. By vikingsfan1955 on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

Iunderstand the hype behind brees but as we see favre is nfc offensive player of the week.I still feel favre has one tangent that makes him a touch better thanbrees and that is his come from behind ability,I know brees does to but not the way favre does.

4. By rap99 on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

to all the knuckle head viking fans who still think we can win with TJ after favre retires, please watch these highlights of a real QB!

5. By Rudy on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

Drew Bress is having one of the best seasons of his career but like so many quarterbacks before him, he will fade away. On the other hand you have a player like Brett Favre who was destined to be a legend.

6. By FAVREACTS on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

MIAMI. FAVRE VS MANNING

7. By FAVREACTS on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

THE REAL GOLDEN BOY BRETT FAVRE

8. By Ali on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

BRETT FAVRE FOR PRESIDENT! :)

9. By bass8 on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

I, LIKE MANY FROM WISCONSIN MISS HIM BUT ARE STILL HUGE BRETT FAVRE FANS…AS I HAVE ALWAYS SAID GREEN BAY’S LOSS IS MINNESOTA’S GAIN. I USED TO BE A PACKER FAN BUT I AM FOREVER A BRETT FAVRE FAN…AND I AM SO GLAD TO SEE HE IS APPRECIATED AND LOVED IN HIS NEW HOME OF MINNESOTA…CONGRATS BRETT FROM A FAN FROM WISCONSIN WHO STILL LOVES WATCHING YOU AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE A FAN FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. By Ken B on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

Favre you are my favorite, been a fan since i was 8. Keep playing how you are man.

11. By bass8 on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

AND, I USED TO FEAR JARED ALLEN BUT NOW I JUST LOVE HIM AND CHEER HIM ON EVERY WEEK TOO!!

12. By SML on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

Congrats Brett! If anyone ever doubted you and your ability att the age of 40 I think they have all been silenced. You have been the last missing piece that this team needed, and no matter what happens the rest of this season, you will be remembered as the BEST quarterback to ever set foot on a football field. (But we wil gladly take a Superbowl win ;-)

13. By Popper on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

Hey bass8; also from Wisconsin near Green Bay. DITTO! Always was a Packer fan, but will always follow Brett Favre. He provided many years of enjoyment and is the best ever! Go Brett and Vikings deep into the post season. Maybe, even Super Bowl!!

14. By Mike on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

Great Job Brett. It was fun watching you play in the month of November.

15. By SkolVikings on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

If Favre does manage to take the Vikings to a Superbowl victory — if, mind you, I don’t like to look too far ahead, but if that happenes, then Favre truely will elevate himself to the status of one of the greats.

16. By mudhead on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

people look at me funny when they see a guy wearing a packers jacket and wearing a vikings hat go vikes just get that ring

17. By Kim on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you Coach Childress for having the belief & the persistence in bringing Brett to MN! Thank-you Brett for coming, thank-you the rest of the team & staff for making it all work! Yes, Drew Brees is having a great year, but I BELIEVE there ain’t NOTHING that this Viking Team can not accomplish this year as they continue to improve & show us each week that their is no I in TEAM! WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the year so far! It has been a fabulous year watching the Vikings!

18. By VikeReceiver on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

I’ve been a Vikings fan as long as I can remember, and I’ve been a Farve fan even longer. I always loved watching you play, and am SOOOO happy that you came to the Vikings. Thank you Thank you Thank you for coming and taking us to the super bowl. Brees is good, but Brett gonna show him who’s the best. The Old Guy can still teach those young pups a few tricks! GO BRETTTTT!!!!!! SKOL VIKES!!!!

19. By Favre4Ever on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

Brett, you saved the best for last. Too bad Ted Thompson is such a fool. I have been a lifelong Packer fan and am so grateful for what you did for our team. I will always be a Favre fan and I love what you are doing with the Vikings. I was sad to see you go but I know and feel the joy and excitement you are now bringing to Minnesota! Go Brett!!! I hope you win the Superbowl for them.
    Ted Thompson, Mike mccarthy, and mark Murphy…. shame on you all for the way you treated this legend. you are all an embarassment to Green Bay!!!!!

20. By FAVREACTS on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

…BUT THERE IS AND I IN WIN.

21. By Moin Khan on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

A big thank you to ziggy and family for making the Vikings so competitive. A big thank you to coach chilly for bringing Favre and a big big thank you to Favre for coming to Minnesota and the overall the entire team for playing so great.

22. By Daniel Ross on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

Vikings will always be my team! Favre, thanks for comming to the vikes, we all LOVE YOU MAN~

23. By Kim on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

Kudos FavreFacts! Yes there is! WAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. By dee expacker fan on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

I cannot begin to say how much I love Brett F. I know he is not perfect and not young but he brings sooo much excitement to this game and with the weapons he has, he is better than ever!! I have followed his every move since about ’94 and have to tell all you people out there that he has had some unbelievably bad luck along the way. Do any of you remember the ’49 ers play-off game before they had replay (or challenge) when the Packers were ahead and recovered a definite fumble but it was called down. And that threw them off and then the unbelievable throw by Steve Y. to T.O. that beat the Packers as time expired. Replay clearly showed it was a fumble recovered by G.B. and they could have just kneeled on it to win the game. They surely would have gone on and probably won the S.B. Then the NFC championship in ’07 (season) when the Packers had the game won a couple of times but a couple of bad breaks (forget the OT) cost them that game. And how about the Eagles game (the 4th and 26).. And how many people give Brett credit for playing on knowing his wife had just been diagnosed with Breast Cancer, then his brother-in-law was killed on Brett’s property, not to even mention the Raider’s game after his beloved father died. And not to mention his getting hooked on pain meds…as well as his alcohol problem. I could go on and on but my big point is this is one great champion but luck has a way of playing a role and my big hope and prayer is that Brett gets some good luck (to go along with this wonderful team and their talent) going forward and into the playoffs. I know they have had some good luck so far (and some bad..the tripping call that cost them the game against Pitts.) but lets just hope they have some real breaks from here on. This team and especially Brett deserve it!! Go Vikes…

25. By SJ McKinley on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

Brett–you are the greatest! I love the way you have matured. Playing smart and within the talents of the team. Every where you go, you make stars of teammates. God will reward you for your humility and giving nature. Maybe he has with a new lease on life–3 more years on the Vikings squad!

To me, you are what a man should be, tough and resilient on the outside with a tender spot on the inside. (Sounds like a good candy bar!).

Thank you for not quitting just because people said you should. thank you for not believing the negative hype. I thank Deanna and Devin and Chilly all for saying to you “yes, you can.”

I saw you at the Lions game and I wished the moment would never end it was just so fun. You already are the greatest football player ever to play the game. It is amazing you still have more to accomplish! Go Vikings! thanks for being brave and loving to entertain us. you are my hero.

26. By Garrett on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

bass8 and popper. i also am from wisconsin and always will be a packer fan. but i grew up watching brett favre. i have been watching him for as long as can remember and i will continue to watch him and be a fan forever.
    and im from Wausau WI

27. By FAVREACTS on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

EY GARRET YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE A VIKING FAN TO AS YOU STILL CAN PACKER PLAYERS AND PACKER STAFF AND PACKER FANS ARE TURNING INTO VIKINGS DON”T LET IT BE TO LATE….GO FAVRE

28. By purple08 on Dec 2, 2009 | Reply

Favre is just along for the ride. Flash in the pan, one hit wonder.Not even in top ten QB’s of all time. Thanks for coming along for 1 season and playing for the best team he has ever been on and taking all the glory. Help us win a superbowl and then go away! Then we won’t have to listen to all the people from Wisconsin kiss your butt. Oh yeah… thanks also for boosting merchandise sales and ratings and maybe single handedly saving football in Minnesota. Just get us a superbowl and a new stadium and then go away.Thanks for nuthin’!!

29. By fegbdf on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

There is nothing left to say…….

30. By alsa on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

un grosso complimento dall’Italia – mitico Brett

31. By Cyberdude on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

Where are the haters now?

32. By Malte on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

I think it’s a joke that favre ain’t nominated for air player of the week, when he’s set as the 3rd best performance in week 12

33. By mark57 on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

I have been a True Viking Fan for over 43 years and seen alot of good & bad
    seasons . 98 season when we went 15-1 and lost to Atlanta I was so
    devastated and many others also . But I look at this year and see a better
    team because the team is working much closer together . Vikings will make
    it to the SB . Go Vikings .

34. By vikingsfan1955 on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

purple08 I have read ur posts in the past and they have been pretty good but this one is crazy.I for one would love to see favre play another yr here.When he said this is the best team he ever played on he meant it and thats a great compliment.As for him not being in the top 10 of all time u are truly a lunitic.His stats speak for themselves.Tell u what in my next few posts I will ask who feels as u do about favre and I’ll bet it won’t be a close vote.

35. By FAVREACTS on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

I CONCUR Music Playlist at MixPod.com

36. By daniel on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

I thought i was a green bay fan when i was younger till they let favre go. then i realized i was a favre fan. when he does retire i don’t know what team i will go for ill just be lost without hem on the field 4 forever!!!!!!!!!!

37. By psnizzle on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

love that you vikings fans hated favre b4 and now you all are sucking on his yep i said it

38. By KRAWLL on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

I have noticed, younger drivers drive reckless, and tear up the roads in beaters (Packers), and are limited to how far they can go. Once we mature though, we drive for pleasure, cruise in the Cadillac (Vikings) and go anywhere we want.

Thank You Favre for a awesome season!

39. By purple08 on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

1955, obviously you do not recognize sarcasm when you read it… you dolt!

40. By steve on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

Favre is the best! Im from Wi also and love rubbing it in the all the packer fans!!!
    Go Favre!!!

41. By dmac32 on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

1955,
    I am still bittersweet about Farve. I’ve hated (in sports terms) him for so long, that it’s still hard for me to root for him. I’m still looking for one of those games where “the ol’ gunslinger” will come out. I’m hoping that we won’t see one of those games, but, if we do, please let it be in the regular season. I won’t consider this Brett Farve experiment to be successful, unless we WIN a superbowl.

42. By rap99 on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

08, didn’t sound like sarcasm to me either, all your posts rip into favre, all mine rip into TJ, only difference is my posts a correct. good to hear from u again.

43. By purple08 on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

Well i guess you cannot recognize decent literature when you read it rap! My comments were simply trying to convey my feelings towards Favre. On one hand I have hated Favre for so long and did not want him to join the Vikings for obvious reasons… and on the other hand, he has proven myself and many others wrong with his great play and more importantly his ability to elevate those around him to play better. Throw in the economic factor and all the positive long term effects his coming to Minnesota will have and there you have it. I would prefer to use sarcasm to say ” Boy were we wrong Favre!” as apposed to spewing misguided affection with words like ” I love you soooo much Brett and I always have!” It is enough to make you throw up sometimes. Yes he is doing a good job and is a hall of famer, we get it but, it is getting really old and tired. Rap, actually the big difference between your posts and mine is that you regurgitate the same lame trash talk about T.J. over and over. At least I try to interject some humour and spontaneity from time to time. But hang in there rap, if the Vikes win, then we are all winners

44. By vikingsfan1955 on Dec 4, 2009 | Reply

now what u said 08 is fully understood but not totally agreed on.I also feel t-jack will prove a lot of u wrong when he gets his chance again.as u said favre elevates the play of those around him and t-jack has done well in relief at the end of games and with the team we now have we need a qb that knows the system and recievers well if favre leaves.I think t-jack will learn a lot from favre.

45. By SJ McKinley on Dec 4, 2009 | Reply

Sage Rosenfels spends the whole game discussing the plays with Brett. I bet he is learning a ton. It is clear favre respects him because when Sage talks, Favre listens. he talks to TJ, too, but not withe the intensity of pouring over the play images. I bet Sage emerges as one heall of a QB after Favre leaves in a few years!

46. By purple08 on Dec 4, 2009 | Reply

Sage is just an a s s kisser is all. How the F#*@ do you know how intense Favre is when he is talking to Sage or T.J.? Rosenfels has been in the league 10 years!!! One h e l l of a QB? Lay off the Meth you crackhead!! It is clear Favre respects him? Shut the F— up!

47. By vikingsfan1955 on Dec 4, 2009 | Reply

If u think sage will start over jackson when favre leaves u really have problems.Sage did nothing in houston and when he played in preseason he did nothing.Does that mean he can’t and won’t be a good qb or a good backup when jackson takes over,no I hope he will and I feel just as he will learn fron favre so will jackson.

48. By rap99 on Dec 4, 2009 | Reply

TJ throws a touch-down at the end of a blow-out game, big deal, thats like scoring with your sister! watch him, he does not have “IT”!

49. By vikingsfan1955 on Dec 4, 2009 | Reply

I guess sage would be ur choice when favre leaves.We need a qb that knows the system and for now thats jackson.

50. By rap99 on Dec 4, 2009 | Reply

no, i want a real QB, when favre leaves we will have to find one!

51. By rap99 on Dec 4, 2009 | Reply

08, i find your posts/insights to be absolutely hysterical!