Vote Vikings To The Pro Bowl

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 17, 2009 – 3:37 pm

Late in October, we wrote in this space that Vikings LT Bryant McKinnie was having a Pro Bowl caliber season. And according to information released by the NFL today, fans seem to agree with us.

McKinnie is 1 of 10 Vikings who currently are the leading vote-getters at their position. Both G Steve Hutchinson and C John Sullivan lead their positions in votes, as do fellow offensive players RB Adrian Peterson and Fahu Tahi. QB Brett Favre, who has a league-best 107.5 passer rating, doesn’t lead all QBs in voting (Drew Brees is #1) but Favre is the 4th-leading vote-getter in the entire NFL, behind Brees, Peyton Manning and Peterson.

Defensively, DE Jared Allen and DT Pat Williams lead their position in votes.

The Vikings also have 4 special teams players who lead in votes, with Heath Farwell leading in special teamer votes, Percy Harvin the leading vote-getter among kickoff returners, Chris Kluwe leading among punters and Ryan Longwell the #1 vote-getter among kickers.

Fans, click here to increase the vote total for the 10 Vikings leaders and also to cast votes for other deserving players on the Vikings roster.

Tags: , , , , , , ,
Posted in All | 12 Comments »

12 Responses to “Vote Vikings To The Pro Bowl”

1. By david j. maneti on Nov 17, 2009 | Reply

all of em!

2. By david j. maneti on Nov 17, 2009 | Reply

we are going to win the super bowl this year…amen

3. By vikingsfan1955 on Nov 17, 2009 | Reply

we will be well represented at the pro bowl this yr and I know allen the williams ap,favre and I hope all the others up to the 10 mentioned in this artical all make it.

4. By PurplePeopleEater on Nov 17, 2009 | Reply

Wow, sounds like a great list, with a few unexpecteds. The biggest surprise being center Sullivan, who I would have guessed to be out voted by at least a couple of more seasoned players with a good RB behind them. I think it goes to prove, more than anything else, that our team has become one of the favorites among NFL fans.

5. By PurplePeopleEater on Nov 17, 2009 | Reply

*and that guys like AP and Favre can make the other players look stellar!

6. By PAVikesFan on Nov 17, 2009 | Reply

Please, people posting on here, saying things like “we are going to win the super bowl”, please, do you think it’s that easy?…have we ever won one?…that just bugs me b/c I ha-te when ppl get too co-cky, let’s get to the post-season healthy first…I was surpsied too that Sullivan was leading his position, and I think #4 is actually playing better than Mr. Drew Brees…Sidney Rice should be up there as well, along with Jackson from PHI, White from ATL, Colston from NO and Fitz, and , I will never be sold on Miles Austin, mr. 3 game-wonder

7. By Canadian Viking on Nov 18, 2009 | Reply

If we make it to the superbowl, we will not be sending any players to the probowl, as the probowl will be played a week before the superbowl and we would not want to risk ANY injuries that weekend

8. By moorevikes on Nov 18, 2009 | Reply

hey canadian viking probowl has always, as far as i can remember, been after the superbowl

9. By Canadian Viking on Nov 19, 2009 | Reply

This year it is before the Super Bowl, check the dates, its also being held in Miami this year.

10. By vikingsfan1955 on Nov 19, 2009 | Reply

canadian viking is right the pro bowl is played first this yr,isn’t that crazy.Why would a super bowl taem let any player play in the pro bowl and risk injury.I know there are ppl out there that may think playing the pro bowl first makes since so plz try and convice me of it because I don’t see it.

11. By Canadian Viking on Nov 19, 2009 | Reply

I think more people will watch it due to the lack of any pro football between the conference championships and the superbowl. it just sucks that the vikings could have more than 6 selections this year, and would not make the trip. Although I would be jacked to be in the Super Bowl

12. By vikingsfan1955 on Nov 20, 2009 | Reply

If I have a choice of more than 6 vikings in the pro bpwl or all in the superbowl thats a easy choice.So I say enjoy the fact that u were selected decline and get ready for the game that will count most.