Vikings Dynamic Duo At It Again

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 16, 2009 – 6:18 am

It was back on October 29 that we first made note of the dynamic duo consisting of RB Adrian Peterson and WR Sidney Rice. At that point, the 2 players had combined for 1,232 of the Vikings 2,475 (49.8%) total yards of offense.

Since that time, the Peterson/Rice duo has not slowed down and they reached another milestone on Sunday. For the 2nd time this season, the dynamic duo set a new team record for most yards by a rushing and receiving tandem in a single game, breaking the mark of 319 yards that they set on 10/18 against the Baltimore Ravens with a 334-yard joint effort against the Lions.

Peterson atoned for 143 total yards (133 rushing, 10 passing) while Rice registered 201 receiving yards. As a team, the Vikings tallied 492 yards, giving the Peterson/Rice duo 70% of the Vikings total yardage.

For the season, the Vikings dynamic duo has collectively gained 1,703 of the team’s 3,322 yards (51.2%).

Tags: ,

27 Responses to “Vikings Dynamic Duo At It Again”

1. By Kevin Wilson on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

“Peterson atoned for 143 total yards ” Huh? “Atoned”? Did you mean “accounted”? “Atoned” would suggest he was apologetically making up for those 143 yards, in which case you don’t explain how he was atoning (or why).

2. By Youcef on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

To Kevin,

lol, I think they misused the Thesaurus.

3. By rod meidl on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

i for one hope the packers never retire farve,s number, he doesn,t deserve it. it,s always about how he gave his all , he doesn,t have anything to prove. so he,s got a gripe with the packers org., not once has he ever said thanks to the packer fans. thanks for buying the jerseys, thanks for the 16 years of screaming for him and loving him, he,s a big man alright. he ought to be ashamed of himself. vikes are goin down, sorry to say, no super bowl. your all a bunch of hipocrites. i,ll bet vike fans loved him for the last 17 years huh? even with farve ya still suck.

4. By Chaz on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

you know what… this guy is right… our 8-1 team just sucks… haha. that is a lot of spite, and i feel as if it stems from jealousy.

5. By Puckersux on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

Stupid pucker rod,

Please note division record. Please note win loss column. let me say respectfully hahahahhahahaha

6. By Peggy P on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

To Rod Meidl: Where have you been? Brett has repeatedly expressed his gratitude to the Packers and the fans for his years in Green Bay. It is not only the fans, but also the city of Green Bay and the whole state of Wisconsin who should be grateful for his 16 years as a player, but also for the financial impact he had on the city and state. Seriously, do you really believe he made money on any jersey/merchandise that was sold?
    Get over it!

7. By Popper on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

Atta girl Peggy, you are 100% right. Being from Wisconsin, just short of Green Bay, I am, and always will be, a Brett Favre Fan. It is unfortunate the other (so called) fans don’t appreciate all he did for the Green Bay franchise. I hope he continues to play for as long as he wants to because I thoroughly enjoy watching him from week to week. GO BRETT FAVRE AND VIKINGS!!!!

8. By RamessesII on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

Gimme Brett… or gimme deatt…!

9. By Favrefan on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

rod, you’re an idiot.

10. By wiscvikingfan on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

I’m glad to see that each week we have different players that get the top awards for outstanding plays during a game. I hope we keep this up, because it only goes to show the depth the Vikings have and that’s what makes a team a Super Bowl winner. Go Vikes Skol Viking

11. By Brem on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

Rod, I think you had better keep an eye on your computer…there seems to be a snot nosed little 10 year old typing things under your name… There is no way that a true FOOTBALL fan would say the ignorant things that were said. When Favre was a Packer I hated playing against him as a Vikings fan. With him on the field there was always the chance at a Vikings loss. I was glad that he went to the Jets when we didn’t get him last year because we wouldn’t have to play him. But now that we do have him…I am excited that there is finally consistency at our QB position. One asset that we have not had since probably Tommy Kramer…and that is pushing it…maybe even since Fran Tarkenton…it has been that long… I actually saw a lot of class from the Packer fans after the Vikings win there in Lambeau last week. Of course he was expected to be greeted with boos and the like…because that is competition. But after the game was over, the TRUE football fans showed their respect and adoration for him.

12. By bass8 on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

rod meidl, you obviously got a bug up your butt. Brett has always said that he never had a problem with the Packer fans. I suppose you are one of those fans who hears only what he wants and could never accept that they sent Brett away….I am glad they did because he is in a place where he actually has a coach and G.M. who actually respect him…something he did not have in Green Bay….So keep being a crybaby and keep complaining. Us former Packer fans who are always Brett Favre Fans know the truth

13. By bass8 on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

P.S. WE LOVE YOU BRETT AND WE MISS YOU IN WISCONSIN BUT AS I HAVE SAID FROM THE BEGINNING THE PACKERS LOSS WAS THE VIKINGS GAIN….

14. By wiscvikingfan on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

Now to “Rod Meidl” Normally, I would waste my precious time commenting on idiotic remarks. I’ve always say you put the best team out on the field. You always try to get the best players on your team if the occasion arises. Let go back to where all this turmoil started with the Packer management and 30% of the fans. The Viking released Randy Moss and Farve wanted management to go after him. My husband and I were in a sports bar when the local news was going with the story. Most of the fans at the bar were saying that they wouldn’t want Moss in Green and Gold because he mooned the fans (rubbing his behind on the Goal Post), the year before, after scoring a go ahead TD. Fans should stop looking at players and franchises as one entity. Players are separate entities that make up a franchise. In my opinion, Moss would have been an asset to the Packers back then when the Packers had three new receivers that years. Farve was told to mind his own business and he wasn’t running the team. That’s when, in the ten week of the season, rumors started about when Farve was going to retire, both in local papers and air time during the game. I think that the Vikings fans are the best and want the best to be playing. WE HAVE THAT and Going All The Way….

15. By hank on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

bottom line is farve knows how to read defenses better than most of the qbs that ever played and has the arm to take advantage of it…..this coming from a viking fan who hated him because he did it against my favorite team to many times and burned the vikes

16. By hank on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

by the way talent surrounding farve both when he was with the packers and now with the vikes makes him that much better

17. By Popper on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

Also looking for Winfield to return, hopefully next week when the Vikings go to 9-1. Would like to acknowledge the offensive line for the protection that they give to Brett Favre. Something that was missing for alot of years in Green Bay and still is. Note: sacks on Aaron Rodgers. As we know Brett’s not the fastest quarterback in the league, but giving time will pick apart any defense.

18. By optimisticskeptic on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

I feel bad for the Pack, they’d be a 7-2 team if they didn’t have to play us twice. SKOL

19. By BRice on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

Rod Miedl…..Packer Fan with issues. Ease up, enjoy the ride, Mr Favre is a great player who may well take the Vikes to the Superbowl. I enjoyed watching him as a Packer and I am lucky enough to see him as a Viking. How can you not enjoy watching this guy, no matter whose team he is on? This guy loves football and has a right to be on a winning team.

20. By 4ever on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

actually the packers might be undefeated or 8-1 also if favre wasn’t on the vikings lol

21. By J-dog on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

looks like pack fans are green with envy lmao

22. By J-dog on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

Is rice turning into a beast or what people.

23. By thb on Nov 16, 2009 | Reply

I dont want to rain on the AP parade but he has got to stop putting the ball on the ground. I dont care if he gets 2,000 yards this season it will hurt the vikes in the playoffs if he continues to put the ball on the ground. You will not overcome those mistakes in the playoffs against good teams. I think he has the potential to shatter all the records but he has to hold on to the ball if he truly wants to be considered GREAT!

24. By PurplePeopleEater on Nov 17, 2009 | Reply

I couldn’t agree with you more thb. Granted, the first fumble this week was a botched hand-off on a play that they wouldn’t dare try in a situation that matters, he still needs to be able to make that exchange flawlessly in practice if they’re ever going to try it in a real game. The second fumble was very unsettling, mostly because AP had already broken past all the defenders and someone caught up with him. I thought he was about the fastest guy on the field. Apparantly the extra bulk he added this year is slowing him down a little, and he needs to be aware of that and protect the ball until he hits the ground or crosses the marker.

25. By travis bickle on Nov 17, 2009 | Reply

Peterson didn’t ‘bulk up’ for the season. That was talked about before preseason started and he just lost some fat weight, replaced it with muscle weight but didn’t gain any extra pounds. You should know this as a Vikings fan, it was a big issue. His dad also told him that defenders wanted him to bulk up because it might slow him down. It was a great play by the defender, he just needed to keep it high and tight. He will in the future, it was a blessing in disguise. Much worse if it happened in the playoffs. He didn’t slow down any, there are some other guys in the league with excellent speed too ya know. ;)

26. By SkolVikings on Nov 17, 2009 | Reply

I always hated and loathed Bret Favre when he was with the Packer’s. He was the Packer’s QB who lead them to a super bowl, and the Vikings were on their long stretch of recycling washed up QB’s for one good season. (Warren Moon, Randal Cunningham, Geoff George, etc style) But I always respected Favre as a player because of the way he played. Now I understand that a lot of Farve’s later career problems have more to do with the fact that the Packer’s dismantled their team and Favre got the junk kicked out of him, much like what’s happening to Rodgers today. So now I root for Bret Favre, and it still feels weird. But even if he strapped on another uniform next season for another go, I’d go back to lathing, but the respect would remain.

27. By Gene Cyr on Nov 18, 2009 | Reply

new name for the defence line wall of pain