Winfield Back On The Field

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 9, 2009 – 2:43 pm

Vikings CB Antoine Winfield, who injured his foot and missed 2 games prior to last week’s bye, was not on the field with his teammates during the portion of practice open to the media on Monday.

But Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress said he was able to make it outside during the portion of practice not open to the media and move around on his injured foot.

Childress didn’t disclose (and wasn’t asked) the extent of Winfield’s participation in practice but he did say the CB is “pushing as hard as he possibly can” to make it back.

Childress said moving around on a hard surface is the next step in Winfield’s recovery from the injury. When the Vikings and Lions kickoff on Sunday, it will be just short of a month since Winfield suffered the injury in the 1st half of the Ravens game in Week 6.

Tags:

19 Responses to “Winfield Back On The Field”

1. By Laura on Nov 9, 2009 | Reply

Winfield is okay, but I’m a “Go Tervaris Jackson!” type person.

2. By Kevin Wilson on Nov 9, 2009 | Reply

I’m with Laura. I’m a non-sequitur type person too! Who’s TERvaris Jackson?

3. By DannSaxton on Nov 9, 2009 | Reply

Mike! Can we get the presser questions on mic? We can never hear the questions that coach is answering!! Just do a feed from the microphone straight to the camera – XLR cable if the camera has an XLR port.

U kick ass Mike!

4. By Viking Fan from Afar on Nov 9, 2009 | Reply

This is good news.

This Detroit Lions game is big. They fight hard as a team.

5. By moroz on Nov 9, 2009 | Reply

He’ll be out at least another week. I’d love to have him back now as he is one of the best is the league but chilly and the training staff will ease him back in. It will be better in the long run especially come playoff time.

6. By Peace on Nov 9, 2009 | Reply

Lets not hurry him back. We got 3 home games in row. Plenty of time. We will need him healthy for playoffs.

7. By SkolVikings on Nov 9, 2009 | Reply

Let him sit for the lions. The Lions will be tougher than their record, but we should be able to handle them. That way he’s in good shape for the rest of the season.

8. By swedeindeed on Nov 9, 2009 | Reply

DannSaxton, I second your request. There are many Viking faithful who tune in to the pressers. For me, out-of-state and woefully lacking in daily Viking news, pressers are my tide-overs between games. Please provide an overhead mic for the media at all conferences!

9. By Kevin Wilson on Nov 9, 2009 | Reply

Personally, not to take anything for granted, I hope they can sit Winfield and give Favre the 4th quarter off. I know he’ll be pretty well rested after the bye, but the fewer series he has to play in the second half of the season, the better. Plus it will be an indicator that the Vikes are putting everything together if they have a commanding lead and don’t let down.

10. By patrick thomas on Nov 10, 2009 | Reply

Antoine WE NEED…..HE IS THE BEST TACKLER AND most of the time is responsible for stopping big plays before they get started.. we need his skills …hope he’s back 100 percent by the chicago game

11. By Spence on Nov 10, 2009 | Reply

I hope to see winfield on the field sunday agaisnt the lions and laura up there talking about jackson he is a good qb but i highly doubt the vikings would be where they are at right now if it was not for favre lol jackson will get his time to shine he has alot of potential but right now favre is the man

12. By Old # 4 on Nov 10, 2009 | Reply

Favre is the man

13. By gatoraide on Nov 10, 2009 | Reply

All this is nice and mushy but the REAL issue that gets MY cork is about the dude RB coach who is messing with AP’s head about ‘being patient’. AP translates ‘being patient’ into ‘hesitation’. Even worse, it is starting to make AP ‘think’ instead of LIGHT UP AND GO. See what I’m sayin’? I’ll leave the light on for ya’!

14. By Lonnie on Nov 10, 2009 | Reply

They won’t need Winfield this week, i agree hope he’s healthy for the Bears

15. By Pat Von on Nov 10, 2009 | Reply

Yes! Please fix the sound at the press conferences so as to hear questions. I’m in Calif. and don’t get much Viking news although I like the Rube Kfan Chat. I never knew there was so much involved in running. Guess I thought it was instictual-I’m a tennis player-.Always liked the Vikes and now with Favre on board I love them.

16. By TheGreatPurpleOne on Nov 11, 2009 | Reply

Yes Please put a mic or at least put captions with the questions as I am in Colorado and cant get much news about the viks either.

2. Nov 9, 2009: Winfield Returns To Practice | Minnesota Sports Zone
  3. Nov 9, 2009: Antoine Winfield Tries Out His Foot | The Viking Age | A Blog For Minnesota Vikings Fans
  4. Nov 12, 2009: Winfield Back in Action | Minnesota Vikings Blog