Winfield Doubtful, Harvin Questionable

Posted by Mike Wobschall on October 23, 2009 – 1:12 pm

The injury report hasn’t officially been released, but Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress told reporters just moments ago following practice that CB Antoine Winfield (foot) will be listed as doubtful on the report and WR Percy Harvin (shoulder) will be listed as questionable.

According to the NFL’s injury reporting guidelines, doubtful means there’s a 25% chance the player will play and questionable means there’s a 50% chance.

We’ll have another update when the Vikings and Steelers release the official injury report.

Tags: ,

11 Responses to “Winfield Doubtful, Harvin Questionable”

1. By Jesse on Oct 23, 2009 | Reply

We aren’t going to have a chance if the pass D is anything like it was in the second half of last weeks game. It hasnt all been coverage problems, alot of it is missed tackles. The linebackers are getting beat and trying to make arm tackles, we need these guys going full speed and doing a little better than that late in the games. It seems like we dont perform at a consistant level on D, we keep letting people back in the game. That is a formula for an early exit from the playoffs. Hope things get turned around. I realize we are 6-0, but it 1 and done in the playoffs, you got to be able to put people away.

2. By bill on Oct 23, 2009 | Reply

I have been a Vikings fan since they played Kansas City in Super Bowl 4. Right now the Vikings have the best team they have every had personnel wise. I hope the defense learned a valuable lesson against the Ravens and If they start playing to their potential there is no doubt they will compete for the Super Bowl. This is a challenge to the defense-GO VIKINGS!!!! I will always be a faithful fan.

3. By Dan on Oct 23, 2009 | Reply

Why can’t Childress keep us playing the game when we get a lead. If could ever stick to what got us the lead, we could put teams away. Instead, we get conservative on offense and play prevent on defense. Need a killer instinct, and Childress has none. Tice did the same thing. We used to win games by 30+ points. We have the best team we’ve ever had, but Brad wants to win by a field goal.

4. By Bruce on Oct 24, 2009 | Reply

You are exactly right Dan. I was shocked that they ran THREE running plays in the red zone at the end of the game just to set up for a field goal. I’m not a coach but even I know that they should have ran a play option pass on at least one of those downs and then if they scored gone for the 2 point conversion. That way the Ravens would have had to score a touchdown to tie or win and not just a field goal to win for sure. Brett is at the top of his game but yet Brad goes for a field goal??? They should have lost that game and it would have been due to BAD play calling at the end of the game. You have teams like the Patriots, Saints, Colts and Steelers who rack up points through the air and we have arguabally the best QB to play the game and we play conservatively???
    That’s why those teams win Championships BRAD!!!

5. By Bruce on Oct 24, 2009 | Reply

And here is a suggestion Brad. Instead of handing the ball off to Adrian all the time, use him in the passing scheme. Adrian seems to have fairly good hands at catching the ball and if he gets the ball 5-10 yards off the line of scimmage with a small window, you defniently have a first down and maybe even a HUGE gain. Use 38 to pick up the possible blitz instead of run blocking.

6. By Bruce on Oct 24, 2009 | Reply

And Brett Favre is the most DANGEROUS PASSING QB IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE when he is on the move. So NEVER play conservatively again and YOU will be the Head coach to bring the Vikings their Championship!~

7. By Brem on Oct 24, 2009 | Reply

I agree with you Bruce…you can’t sit back on a team in the NFL. Last time I checked they get paid to play too and NO team is going to just roll over. Well, except the Titans…lol… I know that we have a very banged up defensive backfield right now…but with how the Steelers have been playing I think it is going to be a great battle. I think Favre and Harvin hook up a lot tomorrow and Rice is his usual self!!! GO VIKINGS!!!!!

8. By PAVikesFan on Oct 24, 2009 | Reply

“I hope the defense learned a valuable lesson”…someone wrote…I wish, however, that wasn’t the first game that that happened, look at the Green Bay game, big lead, but we let them back in the game. There seems to be a trend, one is a fluke, 2 is a trend. Caant wait till we get to our bye…this 6-0 record probably is a bit mis-leading, but, we will need every one of those games down the stretch…we need to survive these next 2 games, even if we lose both of them, hopefully we can be injury-free.

9. By blacknblue on Oct 24, 2009 | Reply

Well this is football not checkers. There are always going to be injuries. I’m surprized the line hasen’t been hurt yet. Not trying to jinx here people. If our stars can’t play so be it but the back ups in the secondary need to earn their paychecks this week. Are we really this shallow in the talent pool?

10. By Johnny on Oct 24, 2009 | Reply

Why can we give brett farve the freedom to make play call on the field like Big Ben. I think if do that,we might have better chance of winning this game.

11. By CA Norwegian on Oct 25, 2009 | Reply

Coach has no losses! I think we can win, after all Bears beat Steelers, Pack beat Bears, Vikes beat Pack. The bigger guys we have will benefit from the cool temps (core temperatures down) and will continue to get after Ben in 2nd half with less fatigue. Ben will not buy time against our D-Line, like he does against smaller backer blitzes. I think Star and Caps will separate him from the ball.