A few interesting notes to consider just a couple of days before Monday night’s Vikings-Packers game…
– QB Brett Favre has defeated 31 different NFL teams during his career and can become the 1st player in league history to beat all 32. The only team in his way is the Green Bay Packers.
– Monday night’s Vikings-Packers game will be the119th consecutive sold-out game at the Metrodome, dating back to the preseason opener of 1998. Of the regular season and postseason games (94) during that stretch, the Vikings are 65-29-0 (69.1%) in the friendly confines of the Metrodome.
– If a Vikings RB reaches 100 yards rushing, it will mark the 50th career game TE Jim Kleinsasser has blocked for a 100-yard rusher.
– The Vikings defense opened the game last week with 4 consecutive 3-and-outs, limiting the 49ers to 16 total yards on 12 plays. The 49ers first 1st down came with 11:44 remaining in the 2nd quarter, when the Vikings were flagged for defensive delay of game.
– The Vikings-Packers previous 23 games (1998-2008), which include the 1st playoff matchup between the 2 squads in 2004, have been remarkably even with a combined score of 541-538 in favor of GB. The average scores in those games have been 23.4 and 23.2, respectively.
Tags: Jim Kleinsasser
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 15 Comments »