Did You Know?

Posted by Mike Wobschall on October 3, 2009 – 12:53 pm

A few interesting notes to consider just a couple of days before Monday night’s Vikings-Packers game…

– QB Brett Favre has defeated 31 different NFL teams during his career and can become the 1st player in league history to beat all 32. The only team in his way is the Green Bay Packers.

– Monday night’s Vikings-Packers game will be the119th consecutive sold-out game at the Metrodome, dating back to the preseason opener of 1998. Of the regular season and postseason games (94) during that stretch, the Vikings are 65-29-0 (69.1%) in the friendly confines of the Metrodome.

– If a Vikings RB reaches 100 yards rushing, it will mark the 50th career game TE Jim Kleinsasser has blocked for a 100-yard rusher.

– The Vikings defense opened the game last week with 4 consecutive 3-and-outs, limiting the 49ers to 16 total yards on 12 plays. The 49ers first 1st down came with 11:44 remaining in the 2nd quarter, when the Vikings were flagged for defensive delay of game.

– The Vikings-Packers previous 23 games (1998-2008), which include the 1st playoff matchup between the 2 squads in 2004, have been remarkably even with a combined score of 541-538 in favor of GB. The average scores in those games have been 23.4 and 23.2, respectively.

Tags:

15 Responses to “Did You Know?”

1. By Anonymous on Oct 4, 2009 | Reply

AP will rock on Monday

2. By PAVikesFan on Oct 4, 2009 | Reply

For those who visit this website and don’t check out any miscellaneous stuff, you have got to check out VEN shows, under the ‘MediaVault’ tab. Jared Allen may be THE funniest, wierdest guy ever, he’s frickin hilarious. Anyways, for all those going to the game tomorrow, BRING IT!!!…u’ve got to cheer our team on like u never have before. Even if it’s not ur style, think of those, like myself, who would want to be there ( but, hence my name..I’m from PA), b/c if I was there, and I’ve been to a few, I rule my section, I don’t stop all game. It’s like I’m trying to will my team to a win, that’s what a real fan does, we actually think that the harder we cheer the better our team might do. So, all Minnesotans, BRING IT!!!

3. By Brownicus on Oct 5, 2009 | Reply

Can’t wait for tomorrow night. It should be a great game, and AP may have one of his best games so far this season tomorrow night. Go Vikes!

4. By PAVikesFan on Oct 5, 2009 | Reply

Tomorrow it’s all about our defense…they played well so far, but they can be MUCH better. Our safeties are going to have to play BIG…we need some good safety play, which we haven’t been getting…and look what Darren Sharper is doing with the Saints, I honestly thought he was washed up, man, he’s a playmaker.

5. By MissButterfly on Oct 5, 2009 | Reply

I’m both a Saints fan and a Vikings fan – ‘been watching Brett Favre since his college days down here in Mississippi.
    Was it the Vikings that gave up Darren Sharper? If so, that was a VERY bad move on their part, a very good thing for the Saints.

6. By Vikings Fan from Afar on Oct 5, 2009 | Reply

Sharper is a good football player. He is a better fit as a “center fielder” with the Saints. In the Vikings’ “Tampa Two” defense, Sharper could not maximize his talents. Sharper’s speed is down a little, and he was out of position a lot in the Vikings’ defense last year. It was great having Sharper as a Viking. I wish Sharper and the Saints well. The Saints look very strong this year.

Strong safety Tyrell Johnson has played OK in the first three games this year for the Vikings. I would like to see him take the next step and make some more plays. I’d like to see him defense a pass tonight and make five or six tackles.

Go Vikes!

7. By Shawn on Oct 5, 2009 | Reply

Keep an eye on Percy Harvin.. He is going to have an outstanding season!!

8. By joethefootballfan on Oct 5, 2009 | Reply

For the series of Vikings vs.Packers: From 2000 through 2007, Favre was QB for Packers and won 11 out of 16 of these matchups…Rodgers has had 2 games in the series with one win and one loss. Favre and company (GO VIKES!) will add this to their win column. Vikings 4-0 and counting

9. By joethefootballfan on Oct 5, 2009 | Reply

Glad Farve is in purple and hope he sets the record for defeating all 32 teams.

10. By joethefootballfan on Oct 5, 2009 | Reply

*Favre (sorry for typo)

11. By MissButterfly on Oct 5, 2009 | Reply

That’s good to hear, Vikings Fan From Afar – I’m glad the Saints gain isn’t the Vikings loss.

I sure hope they win tonight – then both my teams would be 4-0.

Go Vikings!

12. By Jo on Oct 6, 2009 | Reply

Hey, the Vikes are awesome with #4. You people from Wisconsin, quit crying in your’e Milwaukee Best beer. We have him now, too bad.

13. By Vikings Fan from Afar on Oct 6, 2009 | Reply

It was a pretty good game by Tyrell Johnson. He had four tackles and one assist.

I hope he can break up a pass next week against the Rams, and get those five tackles.

Good victory for the Vikings yesterday night.

Go Tyrell Johnson! Go Vikings!

14. By Heidi on Oct 9, 2009 | Reply

GO VIKINGS .And jimmy kleinsasser you rock!!!!!and my last name is kleinsasser too!!!GO VIKINGS

15. By Tim on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply