It’ll be a busy day today at Winter Park and on the vikings.com Blog as we’ll continue to narrow our football focus on the Vikings-Packers Monday Night Football matchup. Be sure to check back here often today because we’ll have reports from open locker room after practice, from conference calls with Green Bay Head Coach Mike McCarthy and QB Aaron Rodgers and from the Brad Childress and Brett Favre press conferences (you can watch those live later today by clicking here).
But before all of that happens, let’s take a quick spin around the division.
– For the 1st time since November of 2005, all 4 teams in the NFC North won on the same weekend. Of course the opportunities for that to happen are limited because there are many weeks when 2 teams from the division play one another, but it’s still interesting to note that it happened for the 1st time in nearly 4 years.
– Another 1st-time occurrence in a long time from Sunday – the Lions finally ended their long losing streak with a 19-14 victory over the Washington Redskins at home. Detroit had lost 19 consecutive games, including going 0-16 last year. I’m glad their 1st win in a very long time happened at home.
– All 4 teams will clearly not win this weekend because the division schedule this week features Lions at Bears on Sunday and then of course Packers at Vikings on Monday.
– vikings.com’s Ryan Cardinal takes a look at each team in the NFC North as they head into Week 4 of the NFL season.
– ESPN.com NFC North blogger (and former Star Tribune Vikings beat writer) Kevin Seifert penned an interesting entry earlier this week, looking at some of Favre’s best moments against the Vikings in 16 years as the Packers QB.
– The Vikings and Packers have met 6 times on Monday Night Football, with each team having won 3 games. The Vikings are 24-23 against Green Bay at home, are 162-122-5 against NFC North opponents heading into this week and are 25-24 all-time on Monday Night Football.
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 4 Comments »