Harvin, Henderson Both Active

Posted by Mike Wobschall on September 27, 2009 – 10:46 am

Inactive for the Vikings today: WR Jaymar Johnson, CB Asher Allen, S Husain Abdullah, LB Erin Henderson, OL Kory Lichtensteiger, DT Jimmy Kennedy, DE Jayme Mitchell and QB Sage Rosenfels.

Rosenfels is the emergency (3rd) QB.

Obviously both WR Percy Harvin and LB E.J. Henderson were left off the list, meaning they are active and will play today. Both were listed on the injury report this week leading up to the weekend.

It’s also interesting to note that WR Greg Lewis will be active for the 1st time today. With Lewis active, the Vikings have 5 WRs up. In the previous 2 games, they’ve had 4 active.

Tags: ,

17 Responses to “Harvin, Henderson Both Active”

1. By purple08 on Sep 27, 2009 | Reply

garbage win. we were very lucky. i’ll take it but, we should consider ourselves very fortunate to get the victory. no frank gore and we still almost lost. favre looked like c r a p! one lucky pass at the end of the game is all everyone will talk about. yay! favre does it again! whatever. they say great teams find a way to win. huge win to keep us ahead of the pack. nice to see detroit win one. berrian stunk again! not too crazy about the play calling either but i will have to watch the game again. bench favre for the packers game and play t-jack! Ha! just kidding. how many wide open receivers did favre miss today?

2. By moorevikes on Sep 27, 2009 | Reply

that was an awsome win complete team effort. 08 you make it sound like we should have blew them out sf is a good team with a great coach. they had some luck on their side we had some on ours. all i know it was the first time in a long time i saw our TEAM go 80 yards with 90 secs and know time outs. p harvin is a mad man, ap and chester teamed up well today, def had some sacks, turn over,and shut down their run, oh yeh that “old guy” had over 300 yards and 2 tds rice looked good,berrian had a bad game thats all

3. By purple08 on Sep 27, 2009 | Reply

i don’t think we should have blown them out but, basically we were outplayed at the QB position. hill outplayed favre BIGTIME! if gore played the whole game who knows if we are even in it in 4th qtr. i still think we will get better. i am really looking forward to monday night. i just don’t feel we have won a single game this year CONVINCINGLY. favre has a lot of heart, i will give him that. my respect level for the guy has gone way up since he has joined the Vikes, and that is tough for me to say.

4. By loften on Sep 27, 2009 | Reply

I am very happy with the win for the Vikes! But I’m still waiting for the O-line to show up and protect the Q-back!!!!! Preseason to current the Q has been scrambling for his life. I know there are going to be sacks from miscues, missed assignments and just rotten luck but come on now!!! This used to be the black and blue division for smash mouth football!! They have done a decent C + job so far, but I dont think Favre can keep taking the pounding and eating the grass at the current rate. Look out for Green Bay Oct. 5th, cuz they may be sayin Brett Who, but the headhunters will be coming. Anyway its my gripe, but great win and GO VIKES!

5. By the horned norseman on Sep 27, 2009 | Reply

F all that, favre pulled one out of his a**….AGAIN!!!SO FREAKIN’ WHAT!!,… ANOTHER WIN FOR THE VIKES!!!!! WOOOOOOOOFREAKIN’HOOOOOO!!!!yea,berrian sucked,droppred pass etc…..whatever,…a win is a win in this man’s league, & we gots three!!!!!!!!(so far!)SKOL VIKES!!!!!!

6. By THE PURPLE FLOOD on Sep 27, 2009 | Reply

It was montana to calrk but favre and lewis this time are beloved leader favre!!!!

7. By tarkN10 on Sep 27, 2009 | Reply

What Hollywood scriptwriter suggested such a ridiculous scenario for Brett Favre’s first home game as quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings?

Imagine: Favre tying the legendary Jim Marshall for consecutive NFL starts; rookie Percy Harvin returning a kickoff for a 101 yard touchdown matching rookie Lance Rentzel’s effort on the Vikings first home game in 1961; and 39 year old Brett Favre leading them on an 80 yard drive to throw the miraculous come-from- behind 32 yard winning touchdown pass to Greg Lewis with 2 seconds left to play. This was Greg Lewis’ first game as a Viking. Preposterous!!!!!!!!!!

Note: I have heard that Favre will cause a “schism” in the Viking locker room. What a shame. It would have been nice if they could have learned to get along!

8. By PAVikesFan on Sep 27, 2009 | Reply

Let me tell y’all something for the haters out there. “A WIN IS A WIN”…obviously people out there didn’t know about the 49ers. They are a tough team and coach Singletary has them playing his style of ball. Their defense is hard-nosed. “Garbage win”, ‘purple08’????…R u kidding me???…isn’t this what we have been looking for in a QB…this is exactly what we have been lacking in recent years, a guy who could do just this. Had that been Jackson or Sage, there is a 0% chance that that would have happened. Those are the types of games you need to win in this league. We let them hang around and we couldn’t put them away early and they did what they had to do, BUT, we didn’t give up and we came through in the end.

9. By PAVikesFan on Sep 27, 2009 | Reply

‘Purple08’…R u ok, bro?…”Hill outplayed Favre bigtime”???Really???…Did not our guys drop 4,5,6 pas-ses?…wasn’t Brett under pressure pretty much all game?…Besides Vernon Davis, Shaun Hill didn’t do much else. Vernon Davis basically was their entire offense. I hear ya about not winning convincingly but this is his 3rd game with guys he has never worked with before, so it’s going to take some time. But, I think I would rather win some close games early, so when the situation arises late in the season, we will know how to handle it. Remember 1998?…We “convincingly” won every game….How did that help us against Atlanta when the game was close????…Our guys need to learn to win tight games like that.

10. By PAVikesFan on Sep 27, 2009 | Reply

‘moorevikes’…How bout it?…OUR team went 80 yards with no T.O.’s left to win the game. I’ve grown so accustomed to that happening against us over the years, it’s about time it happened for us. And how ironic is it that the guy at the helm did that to us many times before?…He owed us that one, Plus more!!!…Now I’m getting greedy,ha. Great win. I now cannot have a bad week, hopefully!

11. By Vlad 19 on Sep 27, 2009 | Reply

Great win – favre had little help until that last drive, with a number of drops, and a line that had trouble blocking their mothers. Dugan should be mebarrassed how he got slapped on the stretch play to the right – blew him up right into AP and shut the run down with his own back! Hutch is overrated – look at who was head down on that blocked FG… Whose man was it? Hutch, just assumed the guy would bull him!

12. By Vlad 19 on Sep 27, 2009 | Reply

In general, I thought the line was bad – was bunched up and opened no lanes – anything inside the tackles was a scrum. It was that bad. Tahi was horrible – Willis takes him headn on collapses the block and makes the tackle of AP right behind him. We lack toughness, we lack a little heart, “guts” call it what you want, but you win the physical battles with that intangible. Pass block was hit and miss – just like what they were doing to Favre! I give him props for hanging in whle he was batted around like a raquetball. AND YES, San Fran is for real. If Gore is healthy, they might have something, but for sure on D they have something serious!

13. By PurplePeopleEater on Sep 28, 2009 | Reply

Well I can say that was by far the best game I have ever been to. Granted it was only the eleventh game (that counts) which I have attended, it will be a while before I see another thriller to out-do this one. My voice is hoarse, and I think my heart stopped for about 5 seconds during our last offensive play. Great start, awesome finish . . . but it did look really ugly in the middle from the blocked field-goal until after missing that 4th-down conversion. I won’t ride the line so much for their blocking, as the 9ers were bringing a lot of blitzes, but there were far too many catchable throws that went right through receivers’ fingers. Up until this week I was convinced that we had a good receiving corps this year, but that just doesn’t sem to be the case. Aside from dropped pas-ses, it didn’t seem like they were getting open very often. I hope that they start proving me wrong in the next couple of weeks, because AP is going to have a hard time doing anything if we don’t start showing that we have a respectable throwing game too.

14. By Vlad 19 on Sep 28, 2009 | Reply

purplepeaopleater, if you see this on TV you will feel differently about the line play – run plays, the blitz often helps, but we had NO lanes. Dugan and Tahi were an embarassment, Kleinsasser not much better. They were sealing the edges at all so AP could not turn the corner at all. No GREAT gameplan by Singletary no doubt, but beating someone is beating them in the game – your strategy vs theirs, your execution vs theirs. OURS was not very good in the blocking dept. Hutch spent lot of time wiffing,, and watch the vid of the blocked FG…. Hutch dips his head and leans into space – his guy sidesteps and Hutch wouldn’t have known if the ball were snapped for his eyes were shut and he had zero contact on the play – at left tackle in fg team…. pretty bad. NO excuses. It almost cost us the game!

15. By PAVikesFan on Sep 28, 2009 | Reply

Yes, we must sure up the o-line. I was a little surprised that they kept blitzing. But that’s what Brett had to do. Now teams will think twice b4 sending their house at us. We have to make them respect our pas-s. Don’t forget, we do have a rookie starting at RT and a first year starter in Sullivan, that will also take time to develop. Jared Allen, Winfield,and Pat Williams played well today on defense, and Ray Edwards made some plays but Madieu Williams and EJ were horrendous in coverage. Also, Ced Griffin plays way too soft in coverage, he gives up way too much space. Berrian???, don’t get me started

16. By Vikings1 on Sep 28, 2009 | Reply

You guys who get a chance to watch the games have a real advantage. You see, I live in Falcon country and I don’t get to see many Vikings games, however, I was pleasingly shocked when i saw the score of the game. I agree with most everyone that we would have lost this game w/o Favre, sure that wasn’t Chris Carter in Greg Lewis’s uniform? OUTSTANDING catch by Lewis. Now to the O-line, another terrible performance, by the way who is the O-line coach?, need to fire him and get someone who can coach them, these guys should be blowing guys 5 yards off the ball not getting their heads handed to them, I truly fear for AP’s health if something isn’t done, enough said, GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!

17. By Canadian vikes fan on Sep 28, 2009 | Reply

purple 08, man sometimes I agree with you, but I think you’re out to lunch on this one. People were bad mouthing Favre for not going downfield, well yesterday he did, and now you are saying he looked bad. I don’t understand that at all, he pretty much won the Vikings that game. If you think TJ or Sage woulda won that game you need to wake up. Favre’s numbers would have been ever better with one less interception if Berrian could catch. Shaun Hill outplayed Favre badly? You wanna know how Shaun Hill played? See Favre’s last two games before this one. You think someone who isn’t a fan of either team who watched that game would say Shaun Hill outplayed Favre? Give credit where credit is due.