Favre: Playing In The Metrodome Will Be “Awesome”

Posted by Mike Wobschall on September 24, 2009 – 7:43 am

Vikings QB Brett Favre said the “newness” factor has worn off from a chemistry and locker room standpoint.  But one thing that is still new to Favre is playing a regular season home game in the Metrodome as a member of the Vikings.

After opening the season with 2 straight road games, the Vikings have their home opener this week against the San Francisco 49ers and on Wednesday Favre seemed excited to play in front of the home crowd.

“I think it will be awesome,” Favre said. “I am looking forward to it, especially after playing the first two games on the road. It will be nice to get back home. I am looking forward to it.”

Asked if he has any expectations for the type of reception he’ll receive from fans, Favre said his thoughts have been centered around how tough the Metrodome crowd can be on opposing teams.

“I haven’t thought about that,” Favre said. “The expectations are that we go out and win this game. I know our fans, as we come out, will be the 12th man for us because I know what it is like playing in this place as the enemy. So they will make it as tough on the opposing team as possible, but I haven’t thought about what it will be like individually. “

10 Responses to “Favre: Playing In The Metrodome Will Be “Awesome””

1. By MEXICANS VIKINGS on Sep 24, 2009 | Reply

WE HAVE THE BEST Q.B.FAVRE EVER WE HAVE THE BEST R.B.PETERSON WE HAVE THE BEST RECIEVER HARVIN AND WE HAVE THE BEST OFFENCE AND DEFENCE WILLIAMS,HUTCHINSON THIS IS ARE YEAR BRING US TO MIAMI FAVRE GO VIKINGS 4 EVER::

2. By John on Sep 24, 2009 | Reply

Put down the grape kool-aid…we’re pretty good thus far, but we’ve got a ways to go. Our QB has hit the ground too much during these first two games, the offense has sputtered in the first half of both games, the defense hasn’t been as strong against the run, we’ve yet to go deep through the air, special teams need some work,and we’ve played two doormats.
    This week will be the Vikes first real challange, Singletary is great motivator and has his team playing some good football. This should be a good game.
    I believe that this week will be different than the first two, because the offense may actually show up in the half. I just hope Chilly let’s the old man play.

3. By SANTANA on Sep 24, 2009 | Reply

I HOPE THE OFFENSE SHOWS UP! GO FAVRE!!!

4. By gatoraide on Sep 24, 2009 | Reply

Hey, “John”, you worry too much. Join the huddle singing “Y-M-C-A” with Brett and go get it done!! Maybe you guys haven’t noticed BUT the Lions ahowed a MUCH BETTER team than the 49ers show…I mean MUCH BETTER!! The Singletary mythology harking back to Mike Ditka is way over the top. The 49ers are VERY ordinary except for the RB. Their receivers & TEs’ are average at best and the QB is still a baby. The game will be intersting ’til the coin toss and after that the concession stands will run short of beer and hot dog buns. See what I’m sayin’? I’ll leave the light on for ya’!

5. By JC on Sep 24, 2009 | Reply

Remember that Favre really doesn’t have all that great of a record in the dome. I understand that he was on the “other side of the ball”, but still the numbers are real. I couldn’t find his dome W/L record anywhere, but I think he is less than even

6. By CAS on Sep 24, 2009 | Reply

This will be wonderful to see. I know for Favre it will be a change. In the past our Vikings fans (12 players) would make things a nightmare for him when he was with Green Bay. Making things so loud, no can hear. I hope once again the Metrodome can become the loudest dome in the NFL and this time the fans will help Brent Favre and the Vikings win this game. SKOL VIKINGS!!!!

7. By Viking-ology on Sep 24, 2009 | Reply

First home game, Favre at the helm, Peterson in the backfield, Berrian, Harvin, and Shaincoe… I think the offense will turn it up a notch this week.

8. By fishfry on Sep 25, 2009 | Reply

Offensive line has to start protecting Favre better..he can only be a threat if
    he is standing up! Between Peterson and Favre the offense is fantastic, but
    only if Favre can get time to make some throws.

9. By VIKINGS PURPLE PANTS on Sep 25, 2009 | Reply

THROWS SOME RAINBOWS FAVRE TO HARVIN GO PURPLE DESTINY

10. By purple08 on Sep 27, 2009 | Reply

hope favre can average more than 5.7 yds per attempt. also, what is wrong with Harvin? he seems to be ill all the time. what exactly is his ILLness? hope it is nothing long term.