Can Harvin Go 3 For 3?

Posted by Mike Wobschall on September 23, 2009 – 4:22 pm

Lost in the coverage of Adrian Peterson’s 180-yard, 3-TD outing in Cleveland, and Brett Favre’s efficient and successful 2-0 debut as QB, and Chad Greenway’s 3-turnover effort against the Lions, is the fact that Vikings 1st round pick Percy Harvin is off to a great start as well.

Through his first 2 regular season games in the NFL, Harvin has 291 all-purpose yards on 18 touches. He also has a receiving TD in each of the Vikings first 2 games. If the explosive rookie can find his way into the endzone on Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers, he’ll set a team record for most consecutive games with a TD at the start of a rookie season.

The record is currently 2 and was set by Sammy White in 1976.

Here is a breakdown of Harvin’s touches so far in 2009:

8 receptions, 77 yards and 2 TDs
6 kickoff returns for 178 yards (29.7-yd. average)
4 rushes for 36 yards (9.0-yd. average)

Tags:

13 Responses to “Can Harvin Go 3 For 3?”

1. By Jonathan Leack on Sep 23, 2009 | Reply

I bet you he will. Percy Harvin is looking to be one of the best rookies this year. I am really glad the Vikings picked up this guy. He adds explosion to the offense that can keep the defense on their heels. A look at the quick WR screen touchdown last week is all the evidence i need.

2. By Randal cook on Sep 23, 2009 | Reply

Hey I do think Harvin will go 3 for 3 and mabey a super bowl this year lets go vikes

3. By gatoraide on Sep 23, 2009 | Reply

Harvin? Peterson? Allen? Greenway? Henderson? Griffin? Winfield? Taylor? Berrian? Favre? O.L.? D.L.? Bevell? Childress? Special Teams? The 49ers are about to run into a buzz saw. Their 2 wins will be the twin crutches they need to get back out of town. You gotta be kidding about the ojida of Singletary! They cannot hold a torch candle to the Vikes powerhouse. The best thing that could have happened to the Vikes waas their draggy start against the Lions. It showed them they have to come out with two guns blazing EVERY TIME! This Sundy will be a NON-GAME!

4. By vikingfan1955 on Sep 23, 2009 | Reply

The in division games are always battles but this will be a blowout against the niners at home.harin is a beast and he is slowly being released.When berrian and harvin start gettting yards it will truly be ove for our opponents because as we know rice is showing his skills.This trio will become the talk of the nfl and harvin will be double covered a lot.

5. By Bruce in Florida on Sep 23, 2009 | Reply

I watched Havin every Saturday at the swamp, and I can assure you he is the real deal. Skill, Talent, Heart, and Speed. SEC Speed. We will all find out if he can go 3 for 3. I will say that he will contribute, and be an asset for the offense. Remember the impact Moss made? I dont know that he will dominate like Moss, but this Viking team has much more deapth. He will make an impact, and will be a major threat for every defense as the season unfolds. I prefer to think he could be the rookie who scored a touchdown in this seasons superbowl.

6. By ScrG8r on Sep 23, 2009 | Reply

I’d say he gets about 8 receiving TD. Maybe 3 rushing TD. At least 1 or 2 kick returns. I just pray he stays health and on the right path to greatness. I’d say that Rookie from the Gators isn’t that bad. Maybe in the running for the ROTY. On the ? about 3 for 3, I’d say yes.

7. By 48yearsafan on Sep 23, 2009 | Reply

Every Sunday I fell confident that there will be three touchdowns, some of these players will get at least one and some are more than capable of two. Consider that it’s Brett Farve who is either throwing or handing off to Berrian, Rice, Harvin, Shiancoe,Taylor or Peterson. I haven’t been this sure of an outcome since the first two games that Moss played. I won”t allow myself to predict this far in advance which teams we will beat, or which teams we’ll lose to but it’s going to be a good show!

8. By the horned norseman on Sep 24, 2009 | Reply

i won’t take the niners for granted;thank odin for home field advantage!!SKOL VIKINGS!!!!

9. By CA Norwegian on Sep 24, 2009 | Reply

This week a return TD? Harvin looks like he is close to breakin’ all the way. Dial up the passing game cause this may be a tougher run D. If everybody stays home then Adrian will run someone down sooner or later, but they will be tossing more for first downs.

10. By Jeff on Sep 24, 2009 | Reply

Percy isn’t afraid to block either… Why the heck are they griping about #4 not going down the field? If Rice and Berrian start actually catching what’s thrown at them that will go away…

11. By Viking-ology on Sep 24, 2009 | Reply

I am impressed with Harvin. I’m excited to see things continue to open up on offense. The Vikes have only scratched the surface offensively. Berrian is feeling better- there are alot of weapons for Farve to use.

12. By Viking-ology on Sep 24, 2009 | Reply

(Favre) of course

13. By Zeptogator on Sep 24, 2009 | Reply

Harvin will just get better and command more respect from opposing defenses, which will give Petersen and Favre more opportunities in a synergistic offensive NFL death tsunami attack which no defense can withstand. Soon, other teams will just not show up, and choose instead to forfeit games due to flu vice getting embarrassed…they will be that good!

Just kidding, Harvin’s the real deal and learns a bit more every day!