Allen Excited To Play In Front of Home Crowd

Posted by Mike Wobschall on September 21, 2009 – 3:05 pm

After a season-opening win in Cleveland and then Sunday’s 27-13 win in Detroit, the Vikings have opened a season with back-to-back road wins for just the 3rd time in franchise history. This upcoming Sunday, the Vikings will open their home schedule by playing host to the San Francisco 49ers in the only game on the Week 2 NFL schedule that pits a pair of 2-0 teams.

Although the Vikings have fared well on the road so far this season, and have actually won 5 straight road games dating back to the 2008 season, Vikings DE Jared Allen said he’s excited for a game in front of the home crowd.

“It’s gonna be nice. You get in front of the home crowd,” Allen said. “I didn’t get to play in any home preseason games. So I’m excited to get out there and play.”

Having found a way to win both of their road games, the Vikings are in a good position now with 2 consecutive home games on the schedule, including a showdown with division rival Green Bay on Monday Night Football on October 5.

“We’ve got two at home, which is nice, and we’re in a good situation,” Allen explained. “We’re 2-0 and the good part about it is that I don’t think we’ve played our best football yet.

Tags:

22 Responses to “Allen Excited To Play In Front of Home Crowd”

1. By Shirley on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

Well I can’t wait until sunday

2. By Adrienne Wuorinen on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

The haters of the world are predicting that OUR Vikings will loose and greatly this coming weekend vs. 49ers…

I say, be happy for those (Vikings) who are where there are from sheer determination, hard work, team work and most of all…just CUZ WE ARE THE VIKINGS!

Looking forward to seeing the game Sunday. Thanks Gents! Peace

3. By PurplePeopleEater on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

Do they ever predict that the Vikings have a chance to win? The analysts always appear to be complete morons when predicting results for the Vikings. All off-season they were saying that the Vikes are the favorite for the division, and would be that much better if we could just get a proven QB to complete the puzzle. They even agreed that Favre would fit this need. And then when Favre is signed they all of a sudden change their position and select the Vikings for 3rd in the division.

Fact is, it’s the home opener. Fans have been waiting impatiently for this day for over 8-months, and the team’s performance in the first 2 games is just making everyone that much more impatient. The noise is going to be blasting the top off the dome! 49ers play on offense is going to be affected by that and the Vikes will once again stuff it into the face of the Viking hating analysts.

4. By PAVikesFan on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

This should be a good game this weekend. The Niners are an underrated team, they have a good defense and coach Singletary has them on the right track. They run the ball first, which sets up their pas-sing game. We have to make Shaun Hill beat us. He was once a Viking, so he is going to want to prove himself. Last time we played SF, we should have won, but didn’t. It was one of AP’s worst games of his career, btu Chester Taylor had a run of about 90 yards. Stay away from Patrick Willis and Nate Clements. Bernard Berrian has got to get more involved. We have got to take some shots down the field, if we do not then defenses will stack the box with 8 men. A little too conservative right now, but I guess that’s expected for the first few games. 2-0 on the road is great, no matter who u play.

5. By Matt McCreary on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

PAVikesFan – Last time we played SF was in SF and I was at that game. You are right that AP had one of his worst games and I remember the 82 yard run by Chester Taylor too. The stat you just can’t be forgiven for getting wrong is that we won that game. Patrick Willis was amazing shutting down AP but we did still win. It was my first Vikings game I ever got to attend.

You are correct though that Favre needs to start taking more shots down the field. That will open up our running lanes and AP can start scoring four TD’s a game consistently.

6. By PurplePeopleEater on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

It seemed that Favre took more shots downfield in week 1 than week 2. I remember seeing a couple of deep sideline pas-ses just missed against the Browns. They weren’t caught, but AP was allowed to move around a lot more after they were attempted. So it seems that all we need to do is try to throw down field, and the lanes will get wide open for AP to rule the field.

7. By wilson alves on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

I`m from brazil and vikings are very popular over here. I dont`t understand why the media put the vikes down, when it`s clear that we have the best team of nfc north. sunday i`ll be here watching another show by AP!!!( game pass nfl…my salvation)
    bye guys.
    wilson…vikings fan from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil!

8. By vikingfan1955 on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

I am so tired of the so called ex-players on tv going against the vikes but I see now they want on the band wagon.This home game will be a blowout against the niners.We now have a complete team on both sides of the ball and the only weakness I can see as of now is protecting favre.We have excellent starters and very good backups so this is our yr.

9. By PAVikesFan on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

‘Matt’, my apologies. My brain is foggy at times,ha. I was thinking about a game in 2005 when we played over there. We lost like 10-6 or 7-6, Brad Johnson was our QB, I remember that game. My apologies

10. By purple08 on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

the o-line is fine. favre is too old and slow to move around anymore. you take the good with the bad i guess. shiancoe hopefully will start seeing more bal ls.

11. By MEXICANS VIKINGS on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

FOLLOWING BRETT FAVRE’S QUEST TO ARE PURPLE DESTINY TO ARE FIRST SUPER BOWL CAHAMPIONSHIP #1

12. By vikingfan1955 on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

purple08 no the o-line is not fine.Yes favre is older but he has moved very well so far.The games I saw the o-line was not holding well at all.I just think its a little rust.Jackson can move yes but this yr under favre will show him a lot and favre with good protect is a lot more dangerous.If u don’t like favre thats ok but he has done exactly whats asked of him and a little more help from the line isn’t to much to ask.

13. By blacknblue on Sep 21, 2009 | Reply

Funny I was going to post that brett needs to throw 15+ yards and sure enough that’s what you are bringing up and NFL network has a vid about it. The O-line looked like those banners kids run through to start a football game. I watched the first half. I did see brett throw 2 downfield but they looked like lame ducks and one that was deflected off a lineman. I thought he bashed his hand for sure. Not the one where he threw the TD it was 2ndQ or early 3rd. Went high up in the air afterwards should of been picked off, glad it didn’t . Brett plz don’t block for AP anymore. PLZ.

14. By jared on Sep 22, 2009 | Reply

niners seem pretty confident, check out there posts http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?p=2513250#post2513250

niners are going down!

15. By Brownicus on Sep 22, 2009 | Reply

The o-line has played ok, but they need to improve if they want Favre to stay healthy. They can not continue to give up this many sacks each week, Favre already got his throwing banged up on Sunday.

Favre has done what the Vikes have asked of him thus far, however the passing game must improve. The Vikes have no deep threat, the Vikes have played against bad defenses and have gotten away with it so far, but that won’t fly against some better defenses.

16. By Brownicus on Sep 22, 2009 | Reply

Favre got his throwing hand banged up on Sunday*

17. By Randy on Sep 22, 2009 | Reply

Give the O-line some time. We have a rookie right tackle (Loadholt) and a second year center (Sullivan) who is just now starting. they just need some experience.

18. By dumbacid on Sep 22, 2009 | Reply

Niner fan here. The Niners are a different team than the one you spanked a couple years ago. The only thing I remember is how our entire defense was geared to only stop AD, thereby allowing Taylor to have a nice game as well as Tavares. All of us 49er fans see this game as a barometer for how good the Niners really are. Hopefully Brett will continue to struggle in the dome..(Oh, that was with that “other” team (lol)! Regardless, it should be an awesome game and I just can’t wait!

19. By Capt. Larry on Sep 22, 2009 | Reply

Vikes need to come out of the locker room a little more aggressive this week. We cant afford to spot these better teams a ten point lead while we wake up. I do agree I would like to see Favre start to stretch the field a little more. Go vikes, long time fan from Homer AK.

20. By Vikings1 on Sep 22, 2009 | Reply

I agree with vikingfan1955, Farve moves around in the pocket very well. Our O-line is giving up way too many sacks and against a team like Detroit that couldn’t get near Drew Brees. Favre needs more time to be able to throw down-field more effectively, he is much too valuable to the team to be taking that many hits.

21. By purple08 on Sep 22, 2009 | Reply

1955, well said. a little rust maybe. favre has done what was asked of him yes, 5.7 yds per pas s attempt. favre is just alomg for the ride just as brad johnson was when he won a superbowl. you are right though, hopefully Jackson will learn alot this year. i don’t see brett lasting a full season when we start playing some better teams. i think half a season behind Favre will be great for T-Jack. he can then take over. imagine this team with a QB that can move. as long as he does not try to do too much, i think the sky is the limit.

22. By MEXICANS VIKINGS on Sep 22, 2009 | Reply

METRO DOME A FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH FOR FAVRE’S FIRST GAME AGAINST THE 49ers IN THE THUNDER DOME::