Here are a few storylines to watch today during the Vikings-Lions game…
– With the start, QB Brett Favre will break the all-time record for the most consecutive starts in NFL history, which Favre currently shares with Jim Marshall at 270.
– With 1 rushing TD, RB Adrian Peterson will move into an 8th place tie for most career rushing TDs as a Viking. Peterson currently ranks 9th with 25 and Leroy Hoard ranks 8th with 26. If Peterson manages to score 3 TDs against as he did last week, he will move into a 7th place tie with Tommy Mason.
– If the Vikings don’t allow a Lions running back to reach 100 rushing yards, it will be the 25th consecutive game the Vikings haven’t given up 100 yards rushing to an individual. The last player to rush for 100 yards against the Vikings was Packers RB Ryan Grant on 11/11/07 (102 yards).
– With 3 points, K Ryan Longwell will move into the top 20 all-time for points scored. He currently has 1,380 career points.
– If a Vikings RB reaches 100 yards rushing, it will mark the 50th career game TE Jim Kleinsasser has blocked for a 100-yard rusher.
– If the Vikings win, it will be just the 3rd time the team has opened a season with back-to-back road wins (‘74, ‘97). The Vikings have started just 5 of the 49 seasons with 2 consecutive road games.
Tags: Adrian Peterson, Jim Kleinsasser, Ryan Longwell
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | No Comments »