Ever wonder what I am looking for in team members for the MVC?
Here is my top 10 list of qualities I am looking for in an MVC.
1. Motivated – I am looking for women who are “go-getters”, who take initiative, who aren’t waiting for things to happen, but are making things happen!
2. Inspiring – Something about them needs to be inspiring. Their life history or upbringing, their life ambition, their talent level, etc. When you get to know this woman you are inspired by her and it makes an impact.
3. Charitable – Compassion is necessary, along with the willingness to donate your time for a cause. We are very lucky to be so involved in the community and if a team member doesn’t have a passion for giving back it could be a long season for them.
4. Beautiful – Inside first! We are looking for women who are beautiful people. They must be caring, kind, hard working, ethical, etc.
5. Beauty – Of course, we are also looking for women who take care of themselves and have a natural beauty about them.
6. Talented – This could be learned talent or natural talent. You don’t have to be the “STATE CHAMP” but you have to have the basics.
7. Unselfish – Someone who will be looking for ways to serve the team, her teammates and the community. We are not looking for someone who wants to be “famous”, to be “cover model for the calendar” or looking to meet their future husband.
8. Confident – whether in front of a crowd, on-air, at a photo shoot, dancing for the judges, or performing on the sidelines we need confident women. Now honestly, we can’t always be 100% confident, but you can “fake it till you make it” and be confident in your ability to do well – even when you are nervous.
9. Organized – our team does many community appearances, calendar sales events, and other events on top of their personal schedule and our practice and game schedule. You have to have good time management skills and be willing to make some sacrifices during your year as an MVC.
10. Have a love for the Vikings – it is hard to cheer for hours on end if you don’t have a passion for performing for the purple and gold ?
Tami Krause – MVC Head Coach
Posted in Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders | 5 Comments »