Check Back Later This Afternoon For 53-Man Roster

Posted by Mike Wobschall on September 5, 2009 – 11:55 am

The Vikings are in the process of putting together their 53-man roster, informing players they’ve been released (or are not being released). Out of respect for the guys whose faits have been decided but they have yet to be informed, we will not post any updates in this space until the front office is prepared to announce the entire 53-man roster.

Look for that announcement to occur right here on vikings.com later this afternoon. Remember to also check the Vikings official Twitter page – @VikingsFootball – for any updates that become available.

The Vikings are currently at 75 players and must be down to 53 by 5:00 p.m. CT. Tomorrow, they will begin to finalize their initial practice squad roster. We’ll have the full list of players on the practice squad tomorrow morning, as soon as it becomes official.

25 Responses to “Check Back Later This Afternoon For 53-Man Roster”

1. By optimisticskeptic on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

I added vikings to my twitter/mobile alerts, I’m so anxious to see who makes the final cut. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, vikings talent pickups in last 3 years have been phenomenal, great job by RS and coaching staff to turn this organization around and have to potentially cut guys that will immediately be signed by other teams.

2. By vbk on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

I’m anxious too and hoping the best for Ian Johnson & Vinny Perretta–Boise State alumns. Glad to see Ian had a good showing last night. Good luck to the both of them!!!

3. By BestofLucktoall on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

Wishing the best of luck to Nick Moore – all of Ohio is behind you!!!!

4. By Al on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

Sorry to nitpick, but it’s the editor in me.

“Out of respect for the guys whose faits have been decided”

The word faits is not a real word, the correct spelling is fates.

I am also anxious to see who is getting cut.

5. By MNCane4288 on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

“Faits” is actually a French word meaning “facts.” Nevertheless, it is used incorrectly.

6. By Al on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

Yeah good call, I should have said it’s not an English word.

Either way it’s pretty bad, lol.

7. By X-New-Viking Fan on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

OUCH! Not only do you lose a player that knows how to get in the endzone, you lose the legion of would be Viking fans that would follow Ian Johnson. Good Luck this year Minnesota

8. By cc#80 on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

Inside source says Ian Johnson and david herron are waived

9. By Harry on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

TJack stays! Yee Haw!

10. By cc#80 on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

Same source says the trade value for T-jack wasn’t there, so expect a Bootylicious cut

11. By Vikingfan on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

X-New-Viking Fan…

He still has a very good chance of making this team on the practice squad…don’t give up on the Vikes yet!

12. By The Turk on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

Ian simply isn’t good enough for our team right now.

The bandwagon won’t miss you if you joined because you’re rooting for some scrub.

13. By kathryn on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

I too am anxious to see what happens to the BSU alumn. Go Ian and Vinny

14. By Julie Hess on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

Ian Johnson is no scrub, I wish and hope he makes it past the waivers and gets on our practices squad. I am glad they kept Tarvaris, better QB, and I feel he should be 2, you get a lot of interception baggage with Sage, way more than with Tarvaris. I hope, lets say I know that Asher Allen makes the 53, and I hope that Marcus McCauley does to, truly thing he can and will be great this year. We have such an awesome team this year, feel it, believe it, wooooowwwwwww.

15. By James on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

Personally, I loved what I saw from Tarvaris AFTER Brett got there. If Tarvaris can take a back seat for a season and be a good student, I believe he still has a great future with this franchise. Sage on the other hand should either be traded or cut. He’s bitter and in my mind the only person in the Vikings locker room with an axe to grind. After that terrible pick 6 against the Cowboys, it was clear to me he has no more to offer than a guy we’re trying to send to our practice team in Booty.

Also really hope Ian Johnson makes it through to the practice squad, I liked everything I saw from him this preseason…and would have much rather added him than Young although I see why Young is making the cut.

16. By Trevor on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

lets keep ian and erin henderson, we got to keep the brothers together

17. By Trevor on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

I feel like sage is a good back up but we already gave him guaranteed money it would be idotic to cut or trade him, and since jackson performed so well we had to cut booty and we just have to live with that, i think in the end jackson is going to be the better quarterback between the two.

18. By Rick on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

What concerns me about keeping TJack is his history of injuries & how he performs well…gets my hopes up…he gets the opportunities..& lets us down

19. By Julie Hess on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

sorry but to keep the brothers together it has to be Erin and EJ Henderson, not Ian and Erin, but yes I agree to keep Erin, as EJ is a for sure, no doubt,

20. By nate schumacher on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

sage rossenfells over a bed of rice pilaf. 10 ints and 4 fumbles in six starts. t jack last season 9 tds 2 ints. You do the math. That indy game was a good one for you sage fans boy did hee pee that one down the toilet.

21. By optimisticskeptic on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

lets not forget indy sat their entire 1st string secondary, and sage still came 1/2 foot from throwing 2 picks in that game (watch the highlight reel on a couple of those slants).

22. By purple08 on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

way to be Tarvaris! stick around sports fans. we will be seeing more of T-Jack this season. hope Favre can stay healthy but i have faith TJ can get it done if needed. Woooo- Hooooo!! Go Vikes!

23. By Matt on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

So whats the hold up? Cuts were due almost an hour ago and no word yet?

24. By Brian on Sep 5, 2009 | Reply

seriously! whats with the lag!!

25. By Valhallabill on Sep 6, 2009 | Reply