Vikings and Favre: “A Perfect Fit”

Posted by Mike Wobschall on August 18, 2009 – 7:15 pm

QB Brett Favre deliberated all offseason on whether to come back from retirement and play for the Vikings, a team coming off a division championship with many pieces in place but also looking for stability from the QB position.

After 17 years in the league and a throwing arm that required surgery this offseason, Favre was reluctant to come back and play for the Vikings. But that reluctance eventually gave way to what Favre characterized a “perfect fit.”

After a phone call from Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress and more conversation with his family, Favre decided to come back to the NFL and suit up in Minnesota.

“Everyone who I’ve talked to from former players, coaches and just people in general, said if you wanted to go back this is a perfect fit,” Favre said during his introductory press conference. “It really is. Once again, there are no guarantees but we have a really good football team here with a very good running game and from my standpoint I felt like I could offer some experience and leadership.”

65 Responses to “Vikings and Favre: “A Perfect Fit””

1. By Nam Huynh on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

I absolutely agree! I am glad to see we signed Favre!

2. By hkang on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

aaron rodgers best qb in the nfc north

3. By Jack Nelson on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

Good luck with Brett, let him milk the Vikings for $12 million,throw his 20 touchdowns and 25 picks, and next off season leave the Vikings hanging. You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.

4. By MiamiJer on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

This is the move that Brett wanted to make last season, but could’t because of Green Bay’s GM Ted Thompson. Had he played for the Vikes last year, they could have gone to the Superbowl barring Favre’s torn right biceps injury with the Jets.

People who bag on Brett forget that he had a Pro-Bowl season with QB stats at the top or near the top before his throwing arm injury. Favre also had a great season with the Pack (13-3) before “the train left without him” in Green Bay.

The rotator cuff injury spooked the future Hall of Famer, and rightfully so. Favre had no desire to make a commitment that he could not keep. Thus the waffling.

5. By Hodag on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

Don’t be fooled. This deal was done the day Brett asked for his release from the Jets. He didn’t want to go through training camp,and the Vikings were desperate enough to let him have his way.

6. By Trunks on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

Dude, you guys . . . seriously? Minnesota just get the greatest quarterback of NFL history. Quit your crying! Way to go Brett, I am rooting for you all the way. After Ted Thompson did what he did to you, I haven’t been able to watch a Packer game with a clear conscience. We still love you, even if that means watching you in purple.

7. By Trunks on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

That old dog will bite your a$$ up

8. By Josh on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

Shame on you vikings, have a little respect for yourselves. The person you rooted against for 16 seasons is now your star player? come on shame on you

9. By TimR on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

I’ve been preaching about how important team chemistry is and how underrated it can be. To back my point up, if u heard Mark Schlereth on NFL Live then u know what I’m talking bout. Basically saying that Childress lost all credability. U constantly preach to ur team about character and integrity and then he goes behind the team’s back and calls Mr. Ego. So everything he said b4 goes out the window, how can u now believe anything this guy will say in the future. It’s a shame, b/c I’ve been supporting him when evryone has been bashing him these last few years, but after this, I still will b/c I’m loyal, but it will be a test. I so wish that he would have stayed retired.

10. By Hodag on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

Thats it Vikes, throw a 1 year $12 million band aid on your problem.Time to learn how to build a team instead of trying to buy one. Thats why you have never won a super bowl!!

11. By idean on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

i think this will be a good fit T Jack wasn’t taking us no were and sag is a back up so now we have a QB that scares D Backs and they have 2 respect him so i think this is very good 2 all u haters u guys think T Jack and sag can win a super bowl they r back ups not starters get that in ur head they suck neither of them have ever started a full season and the defense they say is way better this year and y would we waste it with average QB’s now we have a chance and the team chemistry will be fine all the players no that Brett favre is better then wht they have and will rally 2gether 2 bring the Lombardi trophy to Minnesota GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. By Ryan Huisenga on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

Me and a bunch of my fellow green bay packers will laugh at you guys when your team looses to the best team the packers. Your new QB should have stayed retired due to his age and all injuries that occured to him throughout his years being a packer cant wait for the day when we all laugh at you guys.

13. By HornedHelm on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

You will be waiting a long Time Ryan. Your team sucks so bad that you don’t even hand out on their page. You are a joke.

14. By PurplePeopleEater on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

If only we could filter out the fakes who come in here to post. It hurts to see people who claim to be fans, (of any age or calibur) come in and bash their team for this move. While the fans attacking from his former team are simply trying to hide their own worries of how much less likely it is that their team will have a chance of being noticed.

Focusing on the positives: A Hall of Fame QB joined a team that HE believes is the best out there, (and which he believed before he even parted ways with the Packers).
    The players on the team are reacting happily to the additions that a player with his credentials will bring.
    The 1st round rookie, a player who has the skills of a top 10 draftee, immediately started connecting with and learning from this guy.
    Lots of young talent on the team has the opportunity to learn from and come together behind a veteran leader.
    One of the best QBs of all-time gets to be that much more comfortable working along side the BEST running back today and really take it to opposing defenses. Their collective talents will work together in terms of clock management to make an already top-end defense appear that much better.
    And so much more…

I can admit that I wasn’t thrilled to hear this news at first, but now that it has sunken in and I have realized the potential, I am happy for it. Regardless of the outcome and any decision the team makes, I am a Viking fan for life. Let’s keep the true fans together and look past the attempts of the nay-sayers to bring down our faith in our team. Scream it loud and proud, SKOL VIKINGS!

15. By purple08 on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

hey PPE, what’s the air like up there on your pedestal? is that high horse you ride white or brown? just wondering? too bad we can’t filter out YOUR boring drivel. GO VIKES!

16. By sadvikingfan on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

I don’t understand the people that say if you’re not happy about this, you’re not a true fan. I see it the other way around. If you are a true to the core Vikings fan, you want absolutely nothing to do with Favre. Now the Vikings web site looks like a shrine to him. It literally makes me sick. I will still be hoping that he gets sacked every time he drops back. I can not stand the man and I never will.

17. By the horned norseman on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

if you’re hoping your team’s q.b. gets sacked every time he drops back, then no, you’re NOT a true fan; & the horse I’M riding is PURPLE!!!!!LETS GO VIKINGS!!!!!

18. By Authulius on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

Hey, the economy and the unemployment rate can’t be so bad. Someone can always play for the Vikings! And there is money to throw around too.

Give me your old, your weak, your huddled offensive line, the vikings will take everyone!

Remember, the Viking still revolve around the legs of Adrian Peterson and we’ll see if Mr. Favre can deal with the star player NOT being him. It’ll be a race to see who makes it to the injured reserve faster.

when the defense gets it together, this could be a good season, defense being a big killer last year

For the Favre “fans” go home and support your own TEAM, not player. Favre questioned his own ability to get through THIS season, let alone his next one. Luckily, the contract says the Vikes are only down 6 million if Favre falls apart or gets hurt.

And one more thing, to be fair, i’m not sure how well my Packers will be doing this year either. new defensive formation and relying on Ryan Grant to open up for Mr. Rodgers and Donald Driver. And, as long as we beat the Bears, its a good season, and I’ll be rooting for you guys there.

19. By Brownicus on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

well PPE, I think people can have their opinions. Whether you want or don’t want Favre doesn’t make you less of a fan. There are some positives and some negatives about Favre.
    I’m not completely sold on the idea that Favre automatically makes the team better. Perhaps after next weeks preseason game we will have a better idea of what Favre can do. I still Sage would have been able to give the Vikes a good chance at winning the division and making a playoff run.

20. By dmac32 on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

Farve to the Vikings? I’m not happy about this at all, because I thought that this was over. I thought that Sage looked pretty good during the first preseason game and would’ve given us the game manager that we need. Chilly, please reign Brett in. All he has to do is manage the game, but I don’t think his ego will allow that. Brett always has to be the hero, the gunslinger. He should have had more than one championship in GB. I have such high hopes for this season….I don’t want to feel like I felt in ’98.

21. By PurplePeopleEater on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

Brownicus – whether or not you want him, yes. But the problem I was having was with all the people who come in here and say that they will no longer watch the team, or hope he gets sacked fast and often, or will NOW root against the entire team. These coments of changing your position based on this one move speak volumes against the character of the person making the comment.

I agree that Sage was looking good too. But if Favre was immediately made the starter without any competition for the position, then he must be bringing something strong to the table that Sage doesn’t have, spomething obvious that we as fans do not see or do not want to see.

I grew up hating “Favre and the Packers.” I was just 8 years old when he became the franchise. Now he isn’t as good as he used to be in his glory days, but he still has the intelligence. Character flaws appear to be the biggest problem people have with this guy, but it is also a concern that our coaches have been good at removing with others on the team team. Jared Allen had character flaws before we brought him in. Percy Harvin was a big question mark in this area, but is already showing signs of a respectable rookie. People would even expect Adrian Peterson to be much more cawky and think the team is all about himself, but he remains one of the most respectable guys on the field. I think that the coaches can continue to address the character issues with everyone on the team, even this Brett Favre.

22. By ProfDean on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

I have been a Vikings fan for over 40 years now. I have seen us go to 4 Super Bowls (thank you Bud Grant) and have seen most of the great Vikings players over those years. However, this is the first time that I believe the Vikings have put the whole package together on offense and defense in a way that another Super Bowl is inevitable (though 1998 was very close). I know that some of the Vikings fans don’t care for the addition of Brett Farve, and I too have spent years despising this man because he was a Packer, but I am willing to eat some serious crow here to welcome him to the Vikings if that is the missing piece to getting to this year’s Super Bowl. I hope others will do the same. Give Brett a chance to steer this ship in the right direction. Don’t forget that he can be a great mentor to Tavaris and Sage to help them mature into future starting QBs (or at least make them better backup QBs). Go Vikes!!!

23. By Bret on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

Hey, why wouldnt you want someone on the team with all the experience and talent of Bret Favre. Do you think the Minnesota O Line will be able to protect him?

24. By lzredd on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

ProfDean I’m sure Travaris and Sage aren’t looking at Favre as a mentor, but the guy who took their jobs away. Sage was the starting QT until the Brett show arrived. The world nor the NFL does not revolved around Favre, but he sure thinks it does.

25. By Oscar on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

Welcome Brett favre!! He is a great mentor and I know he well do well.. He still has gas in his tank.. Do what you do BEST Favre!!

26. By purple08 on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

sage has been in the league 9 years! how much mentoring does the guy need? wish everybody would give t jack that much time.

27. By JAnderson on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

As excited as I am to see Favre under center for us, its also a little scary. He is old, he is comming off injury. But you gotta hope that with the vikings front offce/favre’s decision, he will produce significant results. Either way, its day 2 and Im already sick of all the predictions, analysists, and drama. Lets just let him and the team concentrate on being the best in the NFC North and let the scoreboard and stats do the talking!
    I still like T-Jak, and I hope that we dont get rid of him. He could definatly benefit learning from Favre, especially after sitting bench to and learning from Gus F. and Kelly H. I definatly think that T-Jak has the athletic ability to be a great qb, but maybe its the “intelligence” that hes lacking?

28. By Hodag on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

Hey Oscar, what Brett does best is lie to the media, the fans,take chances and throw interceptions

29. By CeCe on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

Shame on the Vikings, shame on the NFL commission for allowing these games to go on. The NFL needs to put a stop to fickleness of their players. If a player cannot decide by the time preseason games start, they should not be allowed to participate for the season. Brett Favre waited and waited to let the Vikings know his intentions, he states he will stay retired, & once again we all have to listen to him change his mind, and have to endure pain of listening about him. Get over yourself Favre.

30. By purple08 on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

ppe and brownicus, why don’t you two just exchange emails and you can stroke each other in private.

31. By TimR on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

funny

32. By TimR on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

I really enjoyed everything ppl have been saying on here. Mixed reactions. People r going to have their own opinions. To bash someone for not agreeing with urself is ludacris. My whole take on Brett is I think it’s wrong, for a variety of reasons. How do other players (beside AP and Jared Allen) feel about going through OTA’s and mini-camps and training camp and all of a sudden this guy shows up in mid-August. Put urself in their position. I’d be ticked. U go through all that sweat and hard work while this primadonna is fishing and hunting in Mississippi.

33. By CA Norwegian on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

Did that Contract say “cash for clunkers” at the top? We will see what the other awesome NFL defenses have to say about this comeback. Even if his old TD/INT ratio stands – at least he is cashing in sometimes, and giving duh punter some rest. I really hate watching a running game get stuffed, punts, and over and over. D’s will no longer stack up for the run. CeCe shame on you for sounding so anoying. It is what it is. He is selling tickets and shirts, and hopefully the coach made a good decision because he could play, and they’all thinks he still can.

34. By PurplePeopleEater on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

Because, purple08, I prefer to do it in a public place where you personally are given no choice but to sit and read every last word.

35. By matt on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

wow. so wierd to see favre in purple. i think its great. been watching vikings for years and i never been so excitesd for the up coming season. sure will be fun to watch him in purple. hope its not a dissapointment. but hey whatever happens going to be fun to watch. great for football and vikings.

36. By JAnderson on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

No matter what anyone says, at the end of the day, the Vikings front office made a great decision. The Vikings were 32nd in generated revenue in the NFL (that is last for those that dont know). They are having stadium problems and if it werent for AP, they would suffer quite a few blackouts. As a graduate student studying Sports Business, all I can say is great job! FINALLY! Ticket sales are skyrocketing, Vikings merch (especially #4) is hot on the shelves, and were gona get some more national TV time.
    I dont know about any other Vikings fans who are living out of state, but Im for one tired of having the (few) Vikings games that are aired a season changed to a different game because of lack of action. (This is why I attend Buffalo Wild Wing every Sunday now). No matter how Farve performs, the fans and haters react, and PROFESSIONAL team mate players “feelings” are “hurt” because they lost their starting job…big ups to the front office. Not only are they generating revenue now, they are also catering to their fans by spending lots of money on what they feel is their best option/decision to bring us home a SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

37. By Vikes101 on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

Way to go Vikes. Brett is a great addition to the team. I have always been a vikings fan!!!!! and I am totally happy with the direction of this team. YES YES YES GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Best offense***Best Defense

38. By Steve on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

Unbelievable, an already bad football team reaching for anything to get to the Superbowl. I was a Viking fan way back when my dad would take us to the old met stadium. But after all the years of letdowns, I just cannot watch this team anymore. And now a reach for the sky in hopes this one person will turn around an entirely backward franchise is silly. I will not watch a single Viking game this year and only hope that they DO get to the Superbowl, just to lose like they have every time when the game counts.

Steve

39. By bobwalker on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

Have some respect. Once the so-called train left the station, it’s all fair game. Favre was right, it is a perfect fit. He only has one more record to break – the oldest quarterback to win the Superbowl and that would be with the Minnesota Vikings.

40. By the horned norseman on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

boo-hoo,favre stinks!boo-hoo,childress is incompitant!boo-hoo,sage & t-jack got robbed!boo-hoo,the front office can’t do anything right!boo-hoo,i’ll never watch another vikings game ever!boo-hoo!boo-hoo!boo-hoo!!!SHADDAP ALREADY!YOU BUNCHA WHINY LITTLE BTCHZ!!!!GET OVER IT!! MINNESOTA’S GONNA TEAR THE LEAGUE UP THIS YEAR,PERIOD!!!LETS GO VIKINGS!!!!!

41. By moorevikes on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

well said norseman

42. By mark on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

I’m a football fan team and player are they the same no.I will tell you that having favre we make this team better.you all can gripe all you want cause come game day if they win you will except it.packers should not be in the same as a player.remember there’s no i or favre in team.

43. By Gary on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

I just have to say being an advid Packer fan that Favre on the Vikings is a good thing. Makes the Packers season so much easier. I see alot of interceptions coming back to us from this guy. I dont know how you guys think that having favre on the vikings is a good thing for you guys. Did you see how he played for the Jets. Did he help them like he said he could? I didnt see it. The best years Favre played is when he was high on his pain meds. Hes washed up and should have stayed retired.

44. By me on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

Wow. Lots of haters here. Too bad everyone gets all worked up over Brett NOT retiring, again. It’s to bad you dont focus all that hate on Vick. But I suppose what he did to helpless animals is ok. Shame on the NFL for letting Vick in.
    I am and have always been a Vikings fan. I hope Brett does not disappoint, but what QB doesnt. Just beat the Packers so they shut up already.

45. By ibleedpurple on Aug 20, 2009 | Reply

Reply to sadvikingfan…You are not a sad Viking fan. You are not even a Viking fan. You are just sad. It is tantamount to treason for a fan to say that they are hoping their QB is sacked every time he drops back. Unbelieveable. No fan wants to see their team’s QB sacked…EVER.

Let me make this clear. I hated Favre everytime we played him. Why? Because he’s good. Because he frustrated the crud out of our D. Because could pull off the impossible at any given time and come off with a win when we had it sewn up. And yes, I thought he was quite the cry baby when it was exposed way back when that he was addicted to painkillers.

But he is NO LONGER the enemy. He is on OUR team now. And by God, whether I like him personally or not means nothing now. What matters now is that he perform for us like he did when we played against him. What matters now is that he stays healthy and brings us wins. As a FAN I want him to earn every penny he is paid. As a FAN I will cheer him on at every play as I do ALL the members of the team.

Go hate somebody else on some other team Mr. Sad…because I don’t want you to be a fellow fan of my beloved Minnesota Vikings.

46. By PurplePeopleEater on Aug 20, 2009 | Reply

Well said ibleedpurple. It seems that it takes strong logic to remain a true fan during controvercial moves like this one.

47. By me on Aug 20, 2009 | Reply

I agree ibleedpurple. We Viking fans have known for years what a cry baby Brett is but as you said, he is no longer our enemy. All the Packer fans are just upset that Brett is no longer with them to help them or should I say carry them to wins. Good luck Packers and every other team.
    Go Vikes!!! Win or lose I am still a fan.

48. By Viking-ology on Aug 20, 2009 | Reply

I’m glad Brett’s on our side now. He knows what it takes to win, and he gives us the best chance to win NOW. Thats all that matters to me as a viking fan. Besides, seeing the initial reaction of the viking fans, it can only help matters for a new stadium, so they can stay in Minnesota, where they belong. GO VIKINGS!!!

49. By the horned norseman on Aug 20, 2009 | Reply

gary,just wanted to say “THANK YOU” ,because i just LOVE it when some dumb-a** (fudge)packer fan posts their moronic drivel on this site BEFORE the season starts!i love this because i know that I will DEFINITELY be posting on greengay’s site ALL REGULAR SEASON LONG after each & every vikings win, especially after the vikes are through kicking the cheese outta th’ packers,& stickin’ it so far up “where the sun don’t shine” that all of greengay will be puking purple!!YEAH BABY!!!& you wanna know what MY post’ll say?NO? too bad!! its gonna go something like this: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO VIKINGS!!!!!

50. By rap99 on Aug 20, 2009 | Reply

ME, agree with you 100% on vick! BLEED, well said, fans should have thier own opinion about players, and like some more that others, but root for all members of the team. would there be such a stink if favre played for the seahawks?

51. By CA Norwegian on Aug 20, 2009 | Reply

Staying out of camp was possibly planned by everyone. He had the playbook and studied it. The QBs fighting for #1 was not disrupted by him… They had more practice with 1st team offense. Coach was really trying to pick #2, #3. He is not washed up, but he will get picked – hopefully the equivalent of a punt. Thow in some TDs and I’d rather watch Bret than 11 guys stuffin the runner and punts, and the rare escape. Sleepier than baseball… Time for a TJack trade to move up somewhere in next years draft? Look at Kurt Warner… It wasn’t that he was a great QB, then a terrible QB, then he remembered how to play again and went to the superbowl… It was everything else that made the difference. The Vikings coaches and most bright fans know that is the case for Brett here where everything else is Ideal…

52. By Purple4Life on Aug 20, 2009 | Reply

All u haters go hate somewhere else…Favre is a VIKING now…Deal with it!

53. By blacknblue on Aug 20, 2009 | Reply

It’s not a question of hate, he is an embarssment to himself and to the league. You would be laughing if he went to any team but now win or loose I can’t cheer on this guy. If you think that makes me a hater or not a fan get serious. I don’t think I will be able to go any games this year, Brets head took up all the space in that place. We are gonna need an outdoor stadium for sure.

54. By blacknblue on Aug 21, 2009 | Reply

If you want to cheer this glory hound because he wears purple go ahead. I have my #4 jersey with the circle and slash ready and I’m sure to get plenty of high fives. You all want a ring so bad …..I do too but this is not the way. Chilly is a 2 face and lost all credibility but that is another story in itself, I think they were made for each other. Like I said I’m a fan win or loose it would be great to cheer on the vikes in the superbowl. I just think the price is too high. It amazes me how people can hate someone one day and cheer the next. Brets not in this to win a ring for the Vikings he is in it for himself. Wake up people are you all blind to this or just so eager to get that ring that it doesn’t matter any more?

55. By PurplePeopleEater on Aug 21, 2009 | Reply

That what doesn’t matter anymore? You’re talking about this like we just elected Saddam Hussain president. He was traded from the Packers and the team and their fans have been doing everything they can to disown him since. How long is a day to you anyways? It’s been nearly 20 months since he has even played for the Packers. What does it matter anyways? Are you happy that Sharper is no longer a Viking? Do you hate Gary Anderson because he used to play for the packers? How about Darrell Bevell, are you screaming for him to coach somewhere else? What difference does it make? They’re all Vikings now. It’s a game, not a religious war.

56. By PurplePeopleEater on Aug 21, 2009 | Reply

Check that Gary Anderson post – – – some reason I got Anderson’s name in my head when I meant to be talking about Longwell!

57. By purple08 on Aug 21, 2009 | Reply

i’d like to punch steve mariucci in the face. he has a serios man-crush on favre, rich eisen too! i hope we get to see some Vikings games this year and not just the brett favre show.

58. By KTW on Aug 21, 2009 | Reply

I still think we are looking short term with favre. He’s a one year fix. what about the future. It is a waste of money, Vikings are my team but favre is not going to help in the long run. he is an ego hound he was not in the news for a few weeks he did not like the vick stories so he had to get back in the lime light.We should have gone for vick. We will be watching.

59. By HODAG on Aug 21, 2009 | Reply

Hey norseman the only horn you will need this year is a shoe horn to remove your foot from your mouth when the Vikings finish Favre behind the Packers.

60. By me on Aug 21, 2009 | Reply

KTW…you would rather have a dog killer like Vick than a cry baby like Farve. Sure can see what type of person you are. No thanks to Vick. He should be in a pit of dogs, no wait, that would be an insult to the dogs.

61. By blacknblue on Aug 21, 2009 | Reply

PPE I’m not too sure where you are going with that reply to my posts. I think he’s more like Stalin- seriously, I’m not upset that players come from a different team. It’s the business and unavoidable. What I can’t stand is that he thinks he’s a god and has the ego to go with it. He is a shadow of what he once was and the media is sucking this all up. If management is the one that pursued him they were playing each other. It’s the brett show staring brett!! It’s brett’s vikings etc. etc. THAT’S my problem. The shrine they made of him on this web site, etc. Anyone know how the rookies are coming along? No it’s the brett show. I’m on the same side you are on just have a different opinion. If you think the circus that is brett is worth the ring so be it. “It doesn’t matter he is he’s a viking now”. I can’t go with that, it’s just me. I know a lot of people feel the same way. This dosen’t make me less of a fan jeez -the emporor has no cloths!! I see brett no more or less than what we had before he signed on. Even brett said he doesn’t know what’s gonna happen. When I see TJ doing poorly the first 2 games last year and I hear the boos. IF and it’s probably a big IF how many games before I see more people agreeing with me or hearing the boos? It always shocked me how quickly I would hear the boobirds at a game. I could never figure that out. I always said to myself this is crazy, we are supposed to be fans. I hope I don’t hear any this year but I wouldn’t be surprised. If we get to the SB great call me whatever you want I can take it. I’m just going to sit back and see the team that I love get ridiculed if I’m right, and cringe. Hope I’m not. Like I said we are all on the same team and should be able to get along even if we don’t agree on this one.

62. By blacknblue on Aug 21, 2009 | Reply

BTW I can’t post as much as I’d like. Can’t seem to get them to go through all the time so sorry if the replys are a bit late on some of these.

63. By the horned norseman on Aug 21, 2009 | Reply

hodag you’re talkin’ out yer cheesehole just like all you other “packer” fans,if you seriouely think greengay will finish in front of minnesota this season!

64. By buellover on Aug 22, 2009 | Reply

I’m really on the fence on this whole Farve thing. There are some definently some pluses, and some minuses. On the up side. even though we are in a terrible economic situation, the Vikings are finnaly generating some great and desprately needed revenue. The Vikings are getting nationwide interest and coverage. We are drawing lots of new fans, losing some, but mostly gaining new fans. Interest is high and the State of Minnesota is giving the new stadium proposal a second look. Farve will also help AP, the defense won’t be plugging the holes every play, so Peterson won’t have to carry us doen the field. Although on the downside, what are we going to do once his contract is up. Is management going to try to lure Kurt Warner away from the Cardinals? Brett Farve is a patch job, a short term fix. Sage and did ok during training camp and the first preseason game, Jackson showed great promise is the second preseason, although he has always been very up and down. I hope that we hold onto Jackson and Sage, and dump Booty. 3 quarterbacks is enough, 4 is to much. Brett might be the short term fix to get the team winning games and generating capitol, but we still need to focus on who will be our QB 3 to 5 years from now.

2. Aug 18, 2009: Vikings.com: Player Reactions | Minnesota Sports Zone