Peterson Reacts to Favre Signing

Posted by Mike Wobschall on August 18, 2009 – 2:02 pm

Vikings superstar RB Adrian Peterson reacted to his team’s signing of QB Brett Favre:

“It is a unique situation to be able to add a player such as Brett Favre,” Adrian Peterson said. “Any time you can add a player to your roster with Hall of Fame credentials, you do it. Brett has seen a lot of different situations and a lot of defenses, and he’s going to be a big asset for our team as we look to defend our division championship in 2009.”

Tags:

17 Responses to “Peterson Reacts to Favre Signing”

1. By PurplePeopleEater on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

Clas’s act all the way, Adrian. BTW – thanks for being so awesome when we mobbed you at the convenience store!

2. By utanfan on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

Ok one more time WHY NOT VICK?

3. By the horned norseman on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

BECAUSE VICK SIGNED WITH THE EAGLES

4. By charles on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

brettfavrevikings.com for sale make offer to best578@msn.com
    will make good site for selling favre items

5. By CA Norwegian on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

How could this be Favres hardest decision…coming aboard the Star-ship Minn Vikings? I could see it being hard if they did not look like a #1 contender. I guess his previous decision not to come back, came with the hint, I’m still throwing. Maybe he can play the first half and in many games rest early. My guess is the merchandising for Brett the Viking will pay for his contract no matter what happens. I guess a cheese-head can be reformed and it gives hope to many out there.

6. By MadMan on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

Here we go again. Another old Qb that should have retired, but Minnesota throws a quick band-aid on the Qb problem instead of looking at the big picture & the future. The only difference is, he will be a hall a famer. I liked him better in puke green & yellow.

7. By MiamiJer on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

With Favre at the QB helm, Minnie will no longer have a one dimensional offense. Just like last year with NY, the Vikings will stop seeing the defensive box stacked at the line with the constant threat that Favre may throw down field. Instead of constantly anticipating a Peterson run, defenses will have to play honestly and spread out to cover all the angles. With that in mind, Peterson should have a great year, just like Thomas Jones with the Jets last season. Since Brett will no longer have to carry the team on his shoulders, he should be more patient and force fewer plays this season. Before his injury with the Jets last year, Favre had a 3 to 1 TD to INT ratio and a completion percentage over 70%. This is by far the best team that Brett has played on since the Superbowl Packers team from ’96 to ’98.

8. By Joe Hekell on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

Why not Vick? Check Warren Sapp’s reply to that one on NFL Access. He’s a situational player – the Vikings need a quarterback. Simple and correct.

Old? Yes, and 10 times better than anyone on our roster regardless. I’m interested in winning, not chronology. He has gas in the tank, end of story.

9. By purple08 on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

why would you mob a guy just because he is famous? never understood that one!??!!

10. By strodog on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

The viking made the best move they ever could have in signing Brett Favre. I don’t believe he has ever had the amount of talent or weapons to use here. he brings experience that will only make our younger players better. His addition makes this team all the more dangerous and other teams nervous, as to what the viking with deliver on the field and it’s not just Favre they have to worry about. Brett is just one more player on this team, we must not forget to remember that there are 53 other players that will produce a great football team, key word “TEAM”

11. By Spanky on Aug 20, 2009 | Reply

The Vikings still suck! You could put Superman on the team and they’d still get beat in the playoffs.

12. By Spanky on Aug 20, 2009 | Reply

The reason why the Viqueens didn’t sign Vick is because there are too many dog owners in Hennepin County. We wouldn’t want poor old Micheal Vick going into relapse now would we? Keep the dream alive Vike fans because that’s all that will ever be, A DREAM.

13. By MadMan on Aug 20, 2009 | Reply

I guess you meant to spell Michael Vicks’ name wrong “spankme”. I would have figured reading all those Superman comics in your moms basement would have made you a better speller. Go back to your team website & root for the nashunal spelin bie wiener.

14. By Spanky on Aug 21, 2009 | Reply

MadMan, or should I say SadMad. You experimented in your Dad’s basement with your uncle didn’t you. Just for the record I’m straight so don’t ask me to spank you that’s discusting dude. I can’t believe you’re so hung up on the spelling of Michael. I suppose when you fill out your marriage certificate you need to make sure you spell your boyfriends name correctly. I didn’t realize that people puke green, if I saw someone puke green I would call for an exorcism. Your gonna puke purple after the vikings lose 1st round in the playoffs because you ate too much of your Uncles secret dip. Sicko!

15. By rod bennett on Aug 21, 2009 | Reply

i have been a packer fan for 50 years.do to ted thompson and the return of brett favre to the nfl it will make it a more exciting season for me.i will be cheering for the vikings to go all the way to the super bowl and win this year. from rod south of the minnesota border

2. Aug 18, 2009: Vikings Knew They Would Sign Favre? | Minnesota Sports Zone