Favre Press Conference Concludes

Posted by Mike Wobschall on August 18, 2009 – 6:36 pm

The press conference formally introducing QB Brett Favre as a Viking has concluded. Both Favre and Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress addressed a large contingent of local and national media inside the Winter Park field house for nearly an hour.

We’ll have highlights of the press conference here on vikings.com, including video of the entire press conference in on-demand format. Stay tuned to the blog and the home page for much more coverage on Favre’s 1st day as a member of the Minnesota Vikings.

12 Responses to “Favre Press Conference Concludes”

1. By gary on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

I can’t belive you would sign that over rated washed up has been. I for one well be boycott this season. He couldn’t make up his mind to play or retire. All he wants is to see he name in print.

2. By joe on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

Congratulations! I will become a Vikings fan this year! Brett is a good bet and I applaud the team for giving him a chance to continue to show what he can do!

3. By vikings transplant in IA on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

Well now that we have heard from a born again fan and a fair weather fan let me put in my two cents as a purple dyed in the wool born in purple and gold diapers fan! It may be a hard pill for Sage to swallow but the fact is this will make him a better QB for us in the future (take a good look at Rodgers and you will see what I mean!) I have been waiting since the Tarkenton years to see the Vikes head for a superbowl and this MIGHT be the time, provided that Bretts health holds up and those of us with the team pride to see this trhough will be in for a treat a veteran teaching some of our younger guys the finer points of the game (sorry you’ll miss it Gary!)

4. By moorevikes on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

go watch the boars, lions, or cheese gary we don’t want fans like you anyways

5. By Antoinette on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

I may be a born and raised Packer fan but I’m a Favre fan first. You guys are so lucky and unlike Green Bay, you have tickets! He’ll fill up your stadium and add to Minnesota’s economy. There was a huge difference between the Jets press conference and this one. He’s truly happy to be there and he’s gonna rock the house. Go Vikings!

6. By gary on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

i am not a fair weather fan was a fan when they where only a few games a season but sighing farve is dumber than the walker trade

7. By Jerry on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

Gary, go away. You will not be missed.

8. By MOTORCITY VIKES FAN on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

any true Vikings fan has to support this move. We have two quarterbacks that are nowhere near ready to lead this team deep in to the playoffs. For the number of times Favre has pulled some random stuff out in order to beat the Vikings in his lifetime, you could never like him as a Vikings fan, but you had to respect him as a player. Now we can finally do both. Great move. Why do I care about his indecision??? What does that have to do with the Vikings? What was lost? A past-his-prime Favre trumps what we have now. Ask yourself, have we improved our team – the answer is a resounding YES! Go Vikings!!!

9. By Doug on Aug 19, 2009 | Reply

Have to agree with you Gary. I have followed the Vikes since day 1, sitting in below zero weather at ol’ Met stadium, through the moronic Walker trade, even as I moved around the country, I bled Purple & Gold. Never did I think MY Vikes would be grasping at straws to sign a used-to-be-great QB, who’s career is past him but who is too insecure to face it. Never would I have imagined I would say these words but…..it’s time to turn in the Vikings gear. One of my new favorite teams…..anyone who is playing the Vikings. What a sad, sad day!!!

10. By blacknblue on Aug 21, 2009 | Reply

As to the post saying Brett is going to help our other QBs. The demi-god that everyone has put on a pedistal has been quoted that he doesn’t give advise or teach the other QBs on the team, that’s the QB coaches job. Go brett.

11. By purple08 on Aug 21, 2009 | Reply

transplant, sage has been in the league 9 years. if he hasn’t become a starter by now, there is a reason for it. don’t hang your hopes on him being our future. it ain’t gonna happen! first pick next year is a QB.

12. By chrebet21 on Aug 23, 2009 | Reply

Doubters of Favre tend to overlook that 2 years ago he was an overtime away from an appearance in the superbowl. Last year the Jets worked their way up to 1st place before his throwing arm clearly became an issue but he got the surgery he needed in the offseason. The Vikings are already a good team with a great running game. It is going to be a great year for the Vikings and Favre will prove that he has 2 years left in him. He’s the ultimate gun slinger.