Vikings Waive RB Kahlil Bell

Posted by Mike Wobschall on August 16, 2009 – 12:33 pm

The Vikings on Sunday waived undrafted free agent RB Kahlil Bell.

16 Responses to “Vikings Waive RB Kahlil Bell”

1. By PurplePeopleEater on Aug 16, 2009 | Reply

About the easiest cut there was. We’ve got till Sep 1st to cut 8 more and then another 22 have to go by the 5th, the day after the final preseason game.

2. By PurplePeopleEater on Aug 16, 2009 | Reply

**Correction for numbers on last post – – should be 7 and 21.

3. By purplehorn on Aug 16, 2009 | Reply

Running back is going to be a tough position to cut as time goes however because of the depth. This team has a lot of youth and talent at all the positions

4. By unicron on Aug 16, 2009 | Reply

In front of that vikins mag should of been brett favre adria peterson percy harvin!Beat the eagles chilldress!!!!

5. By Brownicus on Aug 17, 2009 | Reply

It will be interesting to see who gets the 3rd RB spot, Ian Johnson or Albert Young. I’m kind of pulling for Johnson, but Young probably has the edge.
    More Favre rumors are starting to pop up again, I figured there would be more rumors of Favre joining 2-3 weeks after training camp started. I just hope if any of these rumors are true the Vikes will go with Sage.

6. By PurplePeopleEater on Aug 17, 2009 | Reply

I’m with you Brownicus, but I did get the impression a while back that this is how it would roll out. Glazer seems convinced of it based on the play of both QBs, which surprised me because Sage looked good enough Friday night to be a solid decision over the questionable arm of Favre. But he also says that “everybody” on the team “knows” Favre will be coming. So if it is to be, then at least the team won’t be blind sided by all of the misdirection.

Time will tell, I guess.

7. By TimRinger on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

I am so sick of hearing about Brett Favre. It’s old, and it’s ridiculous. This is not what our team needs at this point. We need cohesiveness. This is now purely a distraction, and it can’t be beneficial to anyone. I wish he would just come out and flat out deny these “rumors”, but he hasn’t said anything, which gives me cause for concern. If he does come back, I will be absolutely disappointed in our front office and our coach, whom I’ve supported during his entire tenure. For a guy to come in by the 3rd pre-season game w/o any team activities previously is ridiculous. We have a good team, we need to rally around the guys we have, put these Favre rumors to rest, and go out and win some ball games.

8. By TimRinger on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

Hey Brad and Zygi……….”Let it go”

9. By Brownicus on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

ugh, now the news is reporting Brett is on his way to MN and could sign as a Viking early as tonight….

10. By purple08 on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

just came over the wire… Favre to sign with Vikings!Sorry Timringer.I can’t believe it! At least he knows the offense.

11. By Forest D. on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

I for one am spun into a new dimension of p.o’d!!! Put yourself in Rosenfeld’s spot you uproot your family and everything to come to MN because you are told that you can compete for the starting position and then Favre comes off of his high horse and decides to grace us with his presence after dodging camp!!! I can’t believe a GOOD coach would sacrifice team cohesiveness for a whose who or who WAS in the NFL. The man admitted on national TV that he is not consistent at this level anymore! he will continue to do this sort of stuff untill front offices realize he is not worth the pain and just say no!

12. By the horned norseman on Aug 18, 2009 | Reply

ask yourselves this:am i a vikings fan? if you answered “yes” then quit crying ’bout favre/childress/t-jack & the front office! at least until the vikes start actually LOSING(i doubt it’ll happen tho!)otherwise, there are 31 OTHER teams in the nfl…pick one & you can take your negative attitudes & go whine on THEIR blogs!!! GO VIKES!!!!

2. Aug 16, 2009: Vikings waive Bell « wire2