After a day off on Sunday, the Vikings hit the practice fields at 9:00 this morning in full pads. Another healthy crowd showed up to watch training camp on Monday morning, continuing what has been an excellent fan turnout at this year’s camp. Jerry Burns and some of his family were guests of the Vikings this morning.
Following the morning practice, Vikings ownership met with Scott Studwell and it was later announced that Studwell will join the Vikings Ring of Honor this season, becoming the 18th individual to receive the honor.
A few other notes from practice…
– Vikings defensive coordinator/assistant head coach Leslie Frazier and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell met with the media following practice. Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress did not meet with the media as originally planned, but will do so tomorrow.
– A large contingent of the Vikings ownership group is in town for their annual ownership retreat.
– It was a physical practice this morning. The team was in full pads for the 3rd time and worked on situations such as blitz, goal line, short-yardage and 3rd downs, among others.
– One consecutive plays during the 9-on-7 inside run drill of practice, LB E.J. Henderson burst through the middle to stop RB Adrian Peteson in the backfield. On the next play, Peterson took the handoff, put his head down and bulled his way through the pile for a significant gain.
– Voice of the Vikings Paul Allen was in Mankato broadcasting his 9-12 radio show on Am 1130 KFAN. He broadcasts from training camp regularly when the Vikings are in Mankato.
– Sidney Rice continued to make outstanding catches this morning, grabbing one during goal line work that wowed everyone in attendance.
Tags: Adrian Peterson, Darrell Bevell, E.J. Henderson, Leslie Frazier, Paul Allen, Scott Studwelll, Sidney Rice
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 1 Comment »