A few notes from this morning’s practice before we head out to a 1 hour special teams practice this afternoon…
– Vikings WR Sidney Rice had a nice morning practice today, hauling in a number of catches during various periods and making a great play over a CB down the right sideline. At 6-4, 202 pounds, Rice is a big target with great hands and he’s entering a year that could really be a turning point for him.
– Another Vikings WR, Percy Harvin, also had a great day. He caught deep balls from both Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels today, stirring the Vikings fans in attendance and showcasing his impressive speed.
– Speaking of Vikings fans, they continue to pack both sets of large bleachers and crowd the fences surrounding the Minnesota State practice fields. I don’t know what the exact attendance numbers have been so far during camp, but I’m betting they are higher than last year’s numbers.
– A group of NFL officials joined the Vikings today for practice. They will be hear today and also tomorrow, when they will meet with the media to go over rule changes for this season.
– LB E.J. Henderson met with a large group of youngsters from his E.J. Henderson Youth Foundation following this morning practice.
– DT Tremaine Johnson has switched to jersey #95. He previously was wearing #67.
– Weather conditions remain pretty ideal for training camp, but I hear that the temperatures are expected to increase, maybe well into the 90s. We’ll see, but so far we’ve been fortunate with the weather we’ve had.
Tags: E.J. Henderson, Percy Harvin, Sidney Rice, Tremaine Johnson
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 7 Comments »