Remember to Submit Your Mailbag Questions

Posted by Mike Wobschall on July 24, 2009 – 2:11 pm

Just a reminder to everyone that the Monday Morning Mailbag feature will continue through training camp. Each Monday during the offseason, we’ve posted fan questions and the answers to those question. We’ve also answered every question submitted to us that we didn’t post as part of the Monday Morning Mailbag feature.

So, if you have a question or if you just want to submit a comment, lob in an email to me at wobschallm@vikings.nfl.net. We’ll post the best ones and will respond to each email.

Posted in All | 18 Comments »

18 Responses to “Remember to Submit Your Mailbag Questions”

1. By Kevin Malone Victorville, CA on Jul 24, 2009 | Reply

Why not go after Micheal Vick. Even if 4 game suspension he’s quality.

2. By PurplePeopleEater on Jul 24, 2009 | Reply

I don’t know that Vick’s quality will improve our team any. We already have 2 scrambling guys in AP and Harvin. So any defense will be that much more comfortable chasing down another scrambler in Vick rather than trying to defend against the extra dimension of the prime throwing skills of a pocket p*sser.

3. By Berzerker630 on Jul 25, 2009 | Reply

I don’t see why the Vikings are still interested in Brett Favre? Yes, he may be one of the best QB’s, and brings alot of publcity the the cities. But, if you fill obligated, and unsure. That tells me you are not ready or focused on the upcomming season.
    I want nothing but a focused QB under center for my favorite team. I have read some things about Tarvaris as well. He doesn’t seem like he is focused on the season as much as who is going to take his job as the starter.
    It’s time for the Vikings to start over at QB. How many times has this been sayed in the past 5 years.

4. By Pikmin on Jul 26, 2009 | Reply

Will Favre sign this week. How will the team react to him getting on board?

5. By Cliffcla on Jul 26, 2009 | Reply

I can say that I would not watch another Vikings game if they deceided to sign Mike Vick. At least for the duration of his employment.

6. By rap99 on Jul 26, 2009 | Reply

CLIFFCIA, i feel the same! i do wish we could find a long term solution at QB, Could JD Booty be the real deal? what about sage? i don’t think TJ is the answer.

7. By PurplePeopleEater on Jul 26, 2009 | Reply

It sickens me to see people who claim to be fans of the team comment like this. I wonder how many people made such a comment when Allen was coming aboard the team? Being a victim of the acts of a reckless drunk driver myself, I very well could have if I were so short minded. But I welcomed him to the team, understanding that everbody can change, and he has become a model citizen in the media spotlight. Vick has served his time and claims to be a changed man. He deserves the opportunity to prove it, and as a true fan of the team I will cheer for him if he so happens to throw on a purple jersey.

8. By CA Norwegian on Jul 27, 2009 | Reply

I hope the line will make the QB’s look better this year. I’m hoping that TJ will be looking off the coverages and not broadcasting the int’s. Some of our best teams did not even make the super bowl. Consider Young and the Run! What if we can add Vick as a returner? With injury as a way of life, it would pay to have another backup. Vick could be a bargain. Forgive the Vick, he eventually confessed after alot of scrambling, He served his punishment. He sounded remorseful. OJ has never been, and he is in the hall of fame. Vick should and could be treated like a rookie, and run back kicks. At least they will stop talking so much about Hester if he can do that. We should give the nod to TJ until he is hurt.

9. By rap99 on Jul 27, 2009 | Reply

PURPLE, i have been a viking fan for 45 years, but if they sign vick i would not root for the vikes till he is gone,because what vick did SICKENS me!!!! i’m sorry if you do not agree, but i’m sure that some viking fans feel the same as me.

10. By PurplePeopleEater on Jul 27, 2009 | Reply

Rap99, I’m sorry to hear that. I will be forced to take your response as verificationt that you deeply believe that at least some acts deserve absolutely no chance for forgiveness.

11. By rap99 on Jul 27, 2009 | Reply

PURPLE; do you have a pet that is a member of your family? let’s have a person take the pet, torture the pet and gamble on the outcome, then when the pet is no longer useful, kill the pet in a very cruel manner, how would you feel about that person? how would your children feel? not just your pet, but hundreds of pets that were killed in a cruel manner! i did not say that you or anyone else should agree with me, this is my opinion, and how i feel about the person in question. i will be forced to take your response as verification that sport and celebrity is more important than human decency!

12. By PurplePeopleEater on Jul 28, 2009 | Reply

Rap99, please don’t turn this into a battle. I was trying to get you to understand that he has served his time, and people deserve a chance for forgiveness. I would argue that for anyone regardless of their celebrity status. The fact of the matter is that a website about a football team most likely won’t have any topics based outside of football players.

Irregardless, I still think that Vick won’t help out our team. For the talent we have on the offense already, we are much better off with a pocket p*sser.

13. By rap99 on Jul 28, 2009 | Reply

PURPLE, i agree, we need a pocket QB, but who?

14. By rap99 on Jul 28, 2009 | Reply

PURPLE,sorry for blowing up, it is a very sensative subject to me.

15. By CA Norwegian on Jul 28, 2009 | Reply

There are people who consider animals food, rather than members of your family. In Asia many people will boil our ‘family members’ alive. I have my moral outrage like you, I will not be viewing the Lakers because of their signing Ron Artest. His punishment was unpaid vacation. Special teams could benefit, I believe from Vick. Consider both he and Percy have decent arms. It brings in trick lateral throws into the return game, as well as, ‘who do you kick away from?’ This threat of across the field laterals should slow down pursuit on the returners and space it out which both of these guys could take advantage of. Would you watch him play if he changed his name and got plastic surgery? If you understood what everyone ever involved in football did away from the game, throughout history, you would probably be sickened by that knowledge. Admonish him but forget football’s Jack Tadem, Laurence Taylor and the deliciousness or gruesomeness of Theisman’s broken leg. If he does play QB again, somewhere the D is gonna call out ‘Vick Dog’ instead of ‘Red Dog’, and really mess with his head.

16. By PurplePeopleEater on Jul 28, 2009 | Reply

Rap99, I think that Sage can prove to be a decent pocket QB, and I am excited to learn whether that’s the case. From what I understand, he showed great potential in that area when he was given chances last year, posting numbers equivalant to what would have been 3,800 pYards if he were to start a full season.

CA Norwegian – you make some good points, but I still feel that we are better off with a pocket QB. Defenses are already overloading the box to do everything conceivable to stop the run. Adding another runner at QB would only make them that much mre comfortable doing so. I honestly don’t know how good of a decision maker he is (on the field that is), so maybe he’ll chuck the ball to his best receiver when seeing the overload, but there’s also too good a chance that he’ll just want to take things into his own hands and tuck the ball.

17. By rap99 on Jul 29, 2009 | Reply

does anyone know if JDB is the real deal? i never followed him at usc, feedback please on JDB

18. By CA Norwegian on Jul 29, 2009 | Reply

JDB + is OK. He was the benefactor of a great team. He was preceeded by QBs who were better. Lets see what the Vikes decide about him. He is not hurting the cap. If they spend money on defense and keeping the other talent like AP and Taylor, we should be watching playoffs for years to come.