Send Your Questions to the vikings.com Mailbag

Posted by Mike Wobschall on July 20, 2009 – 11:03 pm

The slow part of the NFL calendar is quickly passing us by and training camp is just over a week away. As is the case in every NFL city, things will get intersting once camp begins and vikings.com is your #1 source for exclusive Vikings information.

One way to gain insight into your favorite football team is to send a question in to the vikings.com Mailbag. Each Monday during the offseason, we published several questions and answers. We even answered all the questions that weren’t published. So, if you have a question, or just want to share a comment regarding the Vikings or any other NFL-related news, the vikings.com Mailbag is a great way to interact with the club and other readers.

Send questions and comments, with your name and town included, to me at: wobschallm@vikings.nfl.net.

Tags:

6 Responses to “Send Your Questions to the vikings.com Mailbag”

1. By BLEEDPURPLE on Jul 21, 2009 | Reply

I heard rumors that T-Jack wants a trade. Is this true, because I have not seen or heard any news on this subject?

2. By mikewobschall on Jul 21, 2009 | Reply

I’ve seen similar reports at various places, but at this point I don’t give them much credence. We haven’t heard directly from Tarvaris or his representatives. There are many times when reports such as this surface and they actually have no factual basis.

3. By PurplePeopleEater on Jul 21, 2009 | Reply

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did want a trade. Looking things over, I’d be pretty peeved from the happenings this offseason if I were him. First the team brings in Sage to “compete for the starting position with Tarvaris.” Then the team makes no moves on big name free agent wide receivers that we currently can afford. It makes it pretty obvious that the team was always planning on bringing in Brett as well. This goes to prove that the first movewas really to contend for a #2 QB spot this year, likely transferring into the #1 spot in 2010.

And who knows? Maybe he sees that Sage is performing better right now and is likely to be the #2 guy. I wouldn’t be surprised if he chose to take his chances as #2 with a different team that wasn’t hiding their true plans from him.

4. By mikewobschall on Jul 22, 2009 | Reply

I like Tarvaris a lot. He’s been a great guy in the locker room and a great guy to me. And I think he has a chance to go into training camp and prove that he belongs on this team. But I have to disagree with the assertion that he should be “pretty peaved from the happenings this offseason…” He’s had a few years now to establish himself as the franchise QB and he hasn’t done it. Granted, injuries have played a part in that, but injuries are a factor for everybody. It’s the job of Childress and Spielman to build the best possible 53-man roster, and when one QB isn’t producing an adequate and consistent standard of play, then the coaches and personnel people need to make adjustments. In addition, to suggest that the Vikings haven’t made moves for big-name free agent WRs isn’t accurate. They went hard after T.J. Houshmandzadeh this offseason. Got Bernard Berrian last offseason. And then drafted Percy Harvin this year. There was no hiding of plans. There was no conspiracy to bring Favre in. In this league, guys have to prove that they belong on a daily basis. The guys who can prove that will be on the team. The guys who can’t do that will not be on the team.

5. By Tim dann on Jul 22, 2009 | Reply

Hey Mike, your doing a great job. My question is do you think or have knowledge that favre is signing friday?

6. By mikewobschall on Jul 23, 2009 | Reply

I really don’t have any information one way or the other.