New Vikings Commerical Released

Posted by Mike Wobschall on July 20, 2009 – 3:17 pm

The Vikings marketing team launched its new campaign of TV commercials today. The ads include the voice of Vikings radio play-by-play voice Paul Allen and put a creative Vikings twist on what are normally regular activities, such as changing the oil in a car.

One commerical was released today to local TV stations, so you’ll probably see them periodically as you’re surfing channels. But you can view the ad right now by clicking the link above. There will be a few more ads released this season.

Hope you enjoy. And by the way, you’ll need to turn on your audio to enjoy the full experience, so make sure your speakers are on (and your boss isn’t looking).

Tags:

9 Responses to “New Vikings Commerical Released”

1. By Brownicus on Jul 20, 2009 | Reply

Not bad, I love the Twins commercials so its hard to compete with that.

2. By thatguy on Jul 20, 2009 | Reply

Love it…

I’ll be there for Baltimore @ Minnesota!

3. By mikewobschall on Jul 20, 2009 | Reply

I agree the Twins commercials are great. But there’s no competition between the 2 campaigns.

The Ravens-Vikings game will be a great game to attend. Two terrific defenses, a bunch of superstars and Matt Birk’s homecoming.

4. By PurplePeopleEater on Jul 20, 2009 | Reply

It’s a good idea, and one that can turn into some funny commercials, but I think that this one came across as a little too pathetic. I think the action going on in the shot was too slow and apathetic for the commentary. It would have been better if the guy’s reactions had at least SOME emotion in them that reflected that in the commentary.

5. By Nam Huynh on Jul 21, 2009 | Reply

I enjoyed it!

6. By Jeff on Jul 21, 2009 | Reply

Who will be the Vikings Center this year since they let Matt Birk go?

7. By PurplePeopleEater on Jul 21, 2009 | Reply

The way I understand it, we have our 2nd? round selection from last year slotted to take Birk’s spot. John Sullivan, who already put significant work in at special teams last year was also a 3-time State Champion in the Heavy Weight wrestling tournaments and took 7th Nationally in his senior year. So it seems like we have someone who can hopefully fill in for Birk nicely, so long as he remembers that holds are illegal in this sport! He’s probably why we never heard of any effort to retain Birk at the end of his contract. Too bad.

8. By PurplePeopleEater on Jul 21, 2009 | Reply

I was driving home today and just heard the first Vikings commercial on the radio. Same aspect, but about going for a parking space. I think it was better on the radio, (at least in comparison to the video that I saw) because I could use my imagination to fill in for the way I wanted it to look!

9. By mikewobschall on Jul 22, 2009 | Reply

Sullivan was actually a 6th round pick from last year. And there was an effort made to retain Birk. In fact, there were reports that the Vikings and Ravens offers were similar and that Birk chose the Ravens over the Vikings. I can’t personally confirm that the deals offered were similar, I’m only referring to reports I heard and read in the newspaper/on the internet. Regardless, the Birk situation is in the past. I’ll miss him, but at some point the team has to move on and plan for the future. Remember, it was only a decade or so ago that a young kid drafted in the late rounds from Harvard (Birk) replaced a well-established veteran (Jeff Christy) at center. Things worked out pretty well I’d say. Sullivan has been preparing for his chance to start since the day he was drafted. I haven’t seen anyone in the weight room during offseason more than Sullivan. He will be ready to go and I look forward to seeing him play.