Welcome to the New vikings.com!

Posted by Mike Wobschall on July 13, 2009 – 2:55 pm

As you’ve surely noticed by now, vikings.com has been re-launched and now has a new and much-improved look. And as you’ll continue to notice during this visit and future visits to the site, the new vikings.com also has a much-improved functionality.

Previously, our website had shortcomings that needed to be addressed. We put our best efforts into continuously improving the site and serving you, the fan, to the best of our ability. But the new site goes much further than just addressing a few issues. Now, vikings.com is cutting-edge and will enhance your experience as it aides you in your quest to get the latest Vikings information. It is now easier to get around vikings.com and easier to access loads of information that will keep you informed on everything Purple.

You’ll want to explore the new vikings.com to see all the fun, new features.  But a few features we are excited about include faster load times, more exclusive video, robust photo galleries and a more interactive blog. We are excited to continue providing you with comprehensive coverage of the Vikings and doing it with a modern, spiffy new website.

So, welcome to the new vikings.com and enjoy!

7 Responses to “Welcome to the New vikings.com!”

1. By purple08 on Jul 9, 2009 | Reply

Go Vikes!

2. By thatguy on Jul 9, 2009 | Reply

Love the new look to the official website of the greatest team on the planet! Keep it up! Go Vikes!

3. By Brownicus on Jul 9, 2009 | Reply

Nice, I like the new look. I like it even better because I’m the first to post a comment.

4. By Brownicus on Jul 14, 2009 | Reply

I heard TJack might request a trade if the Vikes sign Favre. Which doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, Farve would likely be a 1 year deal, then TJack could compete possibly be a starter again. Plus, its pretty late in the off season to pick up a new offensive system and at most he’d be a back-up for another team which really isn’t any better than being back-up for the vikes. He’s better off waiting if the Vikes sign Favre, then if another team loses their QB we can trade either TJack or Sage who would then actually have a chance to compete for the starting job, and then the other QB would only have to compete with JD Booty for the starting role next season.

5. By mikewobschall on Jul 14, 2009 | Reply

Yeah I’ve read a few reports on the internet saying the same thing. You have to take reports like those at face value because they don’t include any quote from the player or his agent or the team. With that said, I basically agree with what you said about the rumor.

6. By vikescot on Jul 15, 2009 | Reply

It is alot more complex and confusing but w/ time it will be more informative!!! I did notice you need to print the right year on the purple friday site or is it Fan Friday site they talk about wearing purple on Fridays throughout the 2008 season WRONG I am positive it is the season of 2009 not 2008!!!It was different on the old site as fans could comment on articles/events/updated news articles on blog page and here I am still trying to find something to read as information and comment accordingly….

7. By PurplePeopleEater on Jul 20, 2009 | Reply

I’d like to point out that there appears to be a hidden character limit to comments on this new blog site. Twice now I’ve tried to add a rather lengthy comment, (I like to say a lot), and the comment had simply disappeared from the typing section but not appeared on the site. Please try to fix this problem and/or warn users of just what the limit is.